TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I have to share this.

My wife gave me the green light to SC my HERTZ. She even mentioned to me that I should ship it to Vegas before the Shelby Bash and pick it up then if it coud be worked out. :happy feet: :drool: She does not want me to have any other shop do it. It has to be SAI. I said OKaayy :happy feet:

I learned along time ago, get it when you can. I intend to contact Bud to see what I need to do and what is recomended. Since there is no Paxton at this tme I am leaning toward the 475 hp Whipple. I will also request the Shelby billet fluid tanks. The hood is what will be my concern. I contacted Anders who had the SC installed at TASCA and they lowered his motor on the HERTZ . No hood cutting and a strut brace fit. I may see if this is something to do prior to sending it to SAI.

Anyways, I am excited and will try to finalize the course of action for this mod. Anything I need to conider let me know as I know there are some of you that had SAI do the SC install..

Way to go Brenda!, and congrats Harald...oh yeah, strkie while the iron is hot, and get your space locked in...

I'm excited for you...you could jump in my car...but I have to warn Brenda...I like to make my supercharger whine...

But consider this Harald, we'd be getting Brenda buttered up for your ride home :shift:

Talk with Bud to confirm but I am pretty sure the Paxtom is certified for your year. If it is, you have to go that way -- it just keeps the Paxton/Shelby tradition intact. My two cents.

Jim

Talk with Bud to confirm but I am pretty sure the Paxtom is certified for your year. If it is, you have to go that way -- it just keeps the Paxton/Shelby tradition intact. My two cents.

Jim

+1

Way to go man! Congrats :)

Ken

Sure sounds like some fun times in the making!! We will never regret the package we had done to ours!!

We have a friend who got his Shelby GT supercharged at Tasca in Texas, he is looking at taking it back there

in October to have his motor lowered so he can put the strut brace on without replacing his hood.

We will be making the trip in January ourselves, but looks like rental car as we are flying out this time, can't commit to more than the 5 days this time.

Harald you will not be disappointed with whatever you have done, and I'm sure Glenda will enjoy this just as much as you will, of course it helps to keep your spouse happy!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Way to go Brenda!, and congrats Harald...oh yeah, strkie while the iron is hot, and get your space locked in...

I'm excited for you...you could jump in my car...but I have to warn Brenda...I like to make my supercharger whine...

But consider this Harald, we'd be getting Brenda buttered up for your ride home :shift:

Thanks. close, Glenda.

Thanks everyone. I am calling Bud tomorrow. If the Paxton is available for my year, that will be the route I will go since it keeps the strut brace and the hood would require no modification. In addition, the heritage.

Anyone recommend a good transport company to contact? Prefer closed transport one way to Vegas.

Thanks everyone. I am calling Bud tomorrow. If the Paxton is available for my year, that will be the route I will go since it keeps the strut brace and the hood would require no modification. In addition, the heritage.

Anyone recommend a good transport company to contact? Prefer closed transport one way to Vegas.

Art's telling me both Allied and Reliable have enclosed car carriers, Shelby American may be able to give you some assistance also as they use 4-5 different companies themselves on a regular basis.

We look forward to seeing you both in January and good luck with the car, how exciting!!

-Bev

First of all, congrats, I know you'll be excited while its being done and when you take receipt of your new car. I'm not sure where in CA you live, but if you have the ability, you may want to drive the car there and take a one way flight home. It may be more cost effective plus you'll get to meet Bud and the others while you are there. Either way, good luck and I'll be excited to here your story along the way.

Jim

First of all, congrats, I know you'll be excited while its being done and when you take receipt of your new car. I'm not sure where in CA you live, but if you have the ability, you may want to drive the car there and take a one way flight home. It may be more cost effective plus you'll get to meet Bud and the others while you are there. Either way, good luck and I'll be excited to here your story along the way.

Jim

Thanks. I will most likely have it shipped from the Monterey area and then fly over to pick it up and make an event of it and drive it home. Bud said the Paxton for the V8 is not available even though some thought it might be for an 2006. Only the 6 version for the terlingua is carb cert .

Thanks. I will most likely have it shipped from the Monterey area and then fly over to pick it up and make an event of it and drive it home. Bud said the Paxton for the V8 is not available even though some thought it might be for an 2006. Only the 6 version for the terlingua is carb cert .

Well that's a bummer. So which route are you going now? Whipple?

Ken

Hi Harald

Its so cool that you are getting the S.C.

I have some free flights on Southwest Air for you if you need to get to Vegas.

Hi Harald

Its so cool that you are getting the S.C.

I have some free flights on Southwest Air for you if you need to get to Vegas.

Wow, very nice offer. I may schedule for September and pick it up around October 14, my wife would like to go to Vegas for her birthday 10/14. Bud stated they would like to have the car for thirty days to insure ample time to install and tune.

Well that's a bummer. So which route are you going now? Whipple?

Ken

Take a chance to see if Paxton gets its carb cert, I do not want to wait forever. I am leaning toward the 475 tuned Whipple in black. Just not sure about cutting the hood for the pulley.

The KB I think may not require this but I do not like the air cleaner location. I am going to look at this a little more. The KB is cheaper in price. But I will not use that as a factor.

I know PottyDR is very happy with his KB and it looks nice as I have seen it.

Take a chance to see if Paxton gets its carb cert, I do not want to wait forever. I am leaning toward the 475 tuned Whipple in black. Just not sure about cutting the hood for the pulley.

The KB I think may not require this but I do not like the air cleaner location. I am going to look at this a little more. The KB is cheaper in price. But I will not use that as a factor.

Harold

Let me know what day in October you want to go and I will set up the Southwest Airline tickets for yourself and Glenda.

When I had to deal with the Paxton not being available (it was actually installed on my car and Bud sent me photos of it), I had the KB/Whipple choice. Part of the reason I went with the KB was the air cleaner location. No other set up can being in cooler air than the KB simply because is comes from a location isolated from the hot under hood area. I agree that it looks nifty to have the CAI where the SGT has it stock but you pay a price with intake air temperature compared to the KB. Guys with the KB do not report that the air cleaner gets wet when driven in the rain.

Jim

Sure sounds like some fun times in the making!! We will never regret the package we had done to ours!!

We have a friend who got his Shelby GT supercharged at Tasca in Texas, he is looking at taking it back there

in October to have his motor lowered so he can put the strut brace on without replacing his hood.

We will be making the trip in January ourselves, but looks like rental car as we are flying out this time, can't commit to more than the 5 days this time.

Harald you will not be disappointed with whatever you have done, and I'm sure Glenda will enjoy this just as much as you will, of course it helps to keep your spouse happy!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Sorry Guys, that was Quantum in TEXAS, not Tasca.

Quantum has done an excellent job for our friend, in fact he will be going back there for more stuff soon.

Good LUCK Harald!! You will thoroughly enjoy the difference!!! :)

When I had to deal with the Paxton not being available (it was actually installed on my car and Bud sent me photos of it), I had the KB/Whipple choice. Part of the reason I went with the KB was the air cleaner location. No other set up can being in cooler air than the KB simply because is comes from a location isolated from the hot under hood area. I agree that it looks nifty to have the CAI where the SGT has it stock but you pay a price with intake air temperature compared to the KB. Guys with the KB do not report that the air cleaner gets wet when driven in the rain.

Jim

How far down does the filter sit? Do you have any photos of it from underneath the car? Can you access it from underneath or do you take the wheel well cover off?

I like the idea of getting cooler air for sure. I don't think the air inlet looks bad at all and that blower is 2nd to none.

Ken

How far down does the filter sit? Do you have any photos of it from underneath the car? Can you access it from underneath or do you take the wheel well cover off?

I like the idea of getting cooler air for sure. I don't think the air inlet looks bad at all and that blower is 2nd to none.

Ken

Hi Ken,

I might have some photos of it when it was installed but I will have to wait until I get home from Las Vegas (sadly, not here for Shelby stuff). I think you can access it by disconnecting the tube the air travels and just pull it up from there. Will have to check.

Jim

Archived