TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who's going first?

Be careful. If the coolant flows too fast and doesn't spend enough time in the radiator to cool down, then a high flow pump could actually work against your efforts to cool the car down.

"I'm just saying" Whatever the hell that means. :hysterical:

Guest hfrosso
Not trying to hijack the thread or diss Edelbrock but I went with an electric Meziere

WP346C.jpg

Meziere Water Pump

As usual got it from Jared at Lethal Performance

Take Care

Andrew

It shure looks a lot nicer than the Edelbrock one , but at $550 :spend: it must look good!! :yup:

Is chrome the only option with that kit?

Ken

This is probably a better photo.....the pully is what is chrome and the pump itself is black

WP346S.jpg

Don't forget the relay kit

WIK346_MED.jpg

The guys at Appalachian Performance wired is somehow to protect the car in case it craps out, something about it shutting off or not starting, I am not totally sure

Take Care

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

I wish this was an SAI mod. My car overheats from time to time. Very rare but still not a great thing when the car starts to shut down while I am driving in town. I have taken it to numerous dealerships but none can ever find the cause/reason. They always want me to bring it as it is happening....hard to do when the car is shutting down. It is also so sporadic...have had it happen maybe 6 or 7 times since I received the car. I guess I will have to look into these one day. I like the look of them at least.

I wish this was an SAI mod. My car overheats from time to time. Very rare but still not a great thing when the car starts to shut down while I am driving in town. I have taken it to numerous dealerships but none can ever find the cause/reason. They always want me to bring it as it is happening....hard to do when the car is shutting down. It is also so sporadic...have had it happen maybe 6 or 7 times since I received the car. I guess I will have to look into these one day. I like the look of them at least.

maybe you need the new Shelby/C&R/Raven cooling package that's in the works for the SGT. they already have this set up for the GT500 and they say it's the best out there

maybe you need the new Shelby/C&R/Raven cooling package that's in the works for the SGT. they already have this set up for the GT500 and they say it's the best out there

I have not heard about that yet.... I will have to try and find it. I have been real busy with work and don't have a chance to check the site as much as I used to do. Uncle Sam has been sending me a lot of places over the past few months a promotion to a new position has not helped with me trying to get my Shelby fix.

Thanks for the info! I will hold out and try and find that option on here. Maybe I can get that done with the GT/SR upgrade I would love to try and do next year sometime.

I have not heard about that yet.... I will have to try and find it. I have been real busy with work and don't have a chance to check the site as much as I used to do. Uncle Sam has been sending me a lot of places over the past few months a promotion to a new position has not helped with me trying to get my Shelby fix.

Thanks for the info! I will hold out and try and find that option on here. Maybe I can get that done with the GT/SR upgrade I would love to try and do next year sometime.

This overheating issue is a surprise to me based on my experience. I just drove across Arizona and New Mexico, in 108 degree temperatures. In that part of my trip, I averaged around 80 to 85 MPH. The needle barely hit the halfway point on the gauge.

they do have it listed under the GT/SR specs

• Shelby Performance cooling package (not available for Paxton SC intercooler only)

they do have it listed under the GT/SR specs

• Shelby Performance cooling package (not available for Paxton SC intercooler only)

I guess that is why I can't find a post on it elsewhere.

The only thing I can guess is that with the GT-H hood and the Whipple there is not a lot of clearance for air to circulate. Like I said it is rare but a pain when it does happen. And it doesn't really happen on the freeway...only in the city when there is less wind blowing through the grille.

I guess that is why I can't find a post on it elsewhere.

It's not available for the 3V yet. I've already got the radiator ordered for my SGT and it should arrive within the next 2 weeks, but I'm one of the lucky few that gets a piece of it early.

Anyway, it will certainly be available through SAI. It ought to help you with your overheating issue, no doubt. Good luck

Ken

Archived