TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What's the deal with the 07 SGT Polished wheels?

SGT/SC2873

I have a set of 4 and was thinking about selling them or selling 3 and keeping 1 for a spare. I have seen others sell on TS with tires, without, etc. I was doing a search and I can't find anyone that sales our 18" Polished wheels. I found some 17's and I found the black, but no polished. Am I missing something here? I was trying to get a better idea of what to ask for them, but if no one is suppling them, I may keep. Any ideas? Craig :headscratch:

I have a set of 4 and was thinking about selling them or selling 3 and keeping 1 for a spare. I have seen others sell on TS with tires, without, etc. I was doing a search and I can't find anyone that sales our 18" Polished wheels. I found some 17's and I found the black, but no polished. Am I missing something here? I was trying to get a better idea of what to ask for them, but if no one is suppling them, I may keep. Any ideas? Craig :headscratch:

216649_R1_22_21A.jpgyou could try FordRacing.com,,,I beleive they stil have them,, :shift:

216649_R1_22_21A.jpg

Interesting. I checked "buyfordracing.com" (which has always been a good source. They have the black 18" but not the polished. It is even more interesting, since they were used for two years. I would think they have to be out there somewhere. What if there is a warranty or damage replacement needed.

Interesting. I checked "buyfordracing.com" (which has always been a good source. They have the black 18" but not the polished. It is even more interesting, since they were used for two years. I would think they have to be out there somewhere. What if there is a warranty or damage replacement needed.

Oops, beat me to it.

You can call your local Ford dealer and get a price for new ones to give yourself a starting point, although they will be higher than other outlets. They are standard production wheels. There's nothing "Shelby" about them. The 18" polished wheels were put on at the Ford factory, and are the same wheels that are on my wife's 06 GT, and other Mustang GT's with the 18" polished wheel option.

There's nothing "Shelby" specific about the black wheels either, as they can be purchased over the counter from Ford Racing.

I didn't care for the black wheels so part of my deal was for the dealer to swap them for the polished. Mine came off an 08 Mustang GT.

You can call your local Ford dealer and get a price for new ones to give yourself a starting point, although they will be higher than other outlets. They are standard production wheels. There's nothing "Shelby" about them. The 18" polished wheels were put on at the Ford factory, and are the same wheels that are on my wife's 06 GT, and other Mustang GT's with the 18" polished wheel option.

There's nothing "Shelby" specific about the black wheels either, as they can be purchased over the counter from Ford Racing.

I didn't care for the black wheels so part of my deal was for the dealer to swap them for the polished. Mine came off an 08 Mustang GT.

I realize they are not Shelby specific. I was just wondering why you can't find them anywhere. Also, I would think that they would be listed on Ford Racing??

nope, those are chrome. Found those several places but no polished. :headscratch:

I did a search and couldn't seem to find factory polished ones either. They might only be available thru Ford dealers now.

Ford has to be able to replace them if cars that came with them get damaged to the point of needing to be replaced. They aren't an uncommon wheel. Tens of thousands of Mustangs came from the factory with them.

Try your local Ford dealer for pricing reference, they might be your only choice.

I did a search and couldn't seem to find factory polished ones either. They might only be available thru Ford dealers now.

Ford has to be able to replace them if cars that came with them get damaged to the point of needing to be replaced. They aren't an uncommon wheel. Tens of thousands of Mustangs came from the factory with them.

Try your local Ford dealer for pricing reference, they might be your only choice.

will do. I am like you...got to be somewhere that can get them w/ all the ones they sold. Craig

nope, those are chrome. Found those several places but no polished. :headscratch:

Wow, now our wheels may become as rare as some of the other stuff on the car! Fine with me! :drool:

ok, here is what I found out today................

The wheels on our 07's (white) and 08's are called the "polished cast aluminum-bright wheel". These wheels are clearcoated to protect the soft finish. These wheels were not used in 2009 models or 2010 models. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THEY WILL NOT PRODUCE MORE, but right now supplies are limited. I found that each Ford parts depot in the US had at least 1 set of these wheels and Detroit depot had 2 sets. The retail on these wheels, part no. 6R3Z1007H, is $541.71 each. You can probably buy them for less than that but you would need to discuss that w/ your Ford dealer. This price does not include center caps or TPMS.

Guess it is time to clean my set up, polish and put up in the garage. :doh:

They were used on the '09s as well. Mine are still for sale with no inquires yet. They are nice wheels, too bad they made them so narrow.

just telling you what I have been told by Ford parts people. Guess they could of upgraded w/ set in stock or did you order the car w/ the wheels???

I'm actually surprise some are selling the OEM parts off their Shelby's. Of course it's everyone's personal choice and most of the pedestrian parts are replaceable but I intend to save anything that comes off my SGT for if and when I want to return eveything back to original. If these cars do become as valuable as everyone seams to think they will at least I will have all the original parts.

I'm actually surprise some are selling the OEM parts off their Shelby's. Of course it's everyone's personal choice and most of the pedestrian parts are replaceable but I intend to save anything that comes off my SGT for if and when I want to return eveything back to original. If these cars do become as valuable as everyone seams to think they will at least I will have all the original parts.

I agree, but I origianally thought the wheels would be around as they weren't Shelby specific, but Ford...now I am having second thoughts and will probably just put them up in storage.

I got $750 dollars for my tires and wheels last month w/only 988 miles on them...

In my case I'm not to consurned on SGT originality it's no 65 Shelby.

The tires will go bad anyway and tho the wheels maybe a good thing to hang onto will never fit over my current and future brake packages.

I just finished emptying my shed from all the extra OEM new and take off's from my Bullitt. The new owner paid me plenty and didn't care for any of the original t/o pieces. Oh well-

Samething happened in 1993 when I sold my modded '85 GT- had a shed full of parts that I sold or threw in the scrap at work.

My 1967 Fairlane GTA on the other hand was a different story- included the extra parts with the car and made a bunch of money on it...

I just finished emptying my shed from all the extra OEM new and take off's from my Bullitt. The new owner paid me plenty and didn't care for any of the original t/o pieces. Oh well-

Look at what the OE musclecar parts from older cars are bringing now. That '70 Boss 302 scoop I sold for $50 is probably priceless today.

There are only a handful of parts that are Shelby GT specific.

One would be foolish to let any of those get away.

I got $750 dollars for my tires and wheels last month w/only 988 miles on them...

In my case I'm not to consurned on SGT originality it's no 65 Shelby.

The tires will go bad anyway and tho the wheels maybe a good thing to hang onto will never fit over my current and future brake packages.

Samething happened in 1993 when I sold my modded '85 GT- had a shed full of parts that I sold or threw in the scrap at work.

My 1967 Fairlane GTA on the other hand was a different story- included the extra parts with the car and made a bunch of money on it...

just saw a set on ebay for $ 600.00,,,,,,15 hours left thoe,,better hurry,,but no tires, :shift:

The polished "Bullitt"-style 18x8.5 wheels are part of the GT/CS package. Quite a few of the approximately 20,000 GT/CSs made in 2007-8-9 have had their wheels replaced by other makes, models, and sizes. They are out there somewhere.

I agree that the only thing wrong with them is their narrow-ness at 8.5 inches. How things change. I remember when we would kill for 7-inch rims. That and the fact that the clear-coat is on the front polished surfaces only. Backside will corrode if not cleaned and protected.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived