TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WTF is WRONG with people?

Lived and drove many years in both MA and on Long Island. LI drivers are by FAR (not a little bit, by F A R) the ruder group. MA has its share of bad drivers, but LI adds a healthy dose of shameless local ignorance that completes the package like hot fudge on a sundae. They won't hold the door for you at the mall, never mind showing any DRIVING courtesy. "Solid lines are for crossing, left lane is for travel, right lane's for passing, breakdown lane is the frustration pasing lane..."

Here's a photo of what I live with in plain sight daily (enjoy the license plate too):

Seacop_2.jpg

Seacop_2.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting cut off on the street is a common happening here in Florida. Sometime I wish I had an old beat up pickup to bump these idiots, but then it would probably make things worse. I try to take deep breaths and focus on what I'm doing, it isn't worth it. As far as common courtesies, I will always hold the door for someone and if they don't say Thank you, I will loudly say "You're welcome." A lot of folks here have said it, no respect what so ever for people or their things. I was always taught to respect other peoples property and taught my sons the same thing. :shift:

Well, I know how you all feel.. here is some info that may help you..

The next time someone Flips you off, just call the cell number for the police (freeways have them posted all the time) I know in TX if someone flips you off, all you do is give the plate and they will send them a nice little gift in the mail, pretty and pink!

Off course if the ticket is not enough, then relay to the police the make model and plate info and state how they are weaving in and out of traffic, must be drunk! I gaurentee they will get pulled over F-A-S-T!!!

I actually called in a drunk woman one night, she was all over the road hauling "donkeys" etc. Next thing I know 4 sqaud cars came flyin past me and had her pulled over... I am betting she was a guest for the night.. Needless to say, you can call these in, so what they aren't drunk, but then no rational person with any upbringing would flip somone off in traffic,,so they must be drunk right? If they do get pulled over and they are not dunk, there will be no repricussions on you as you are a concerned citizen :drool:

Think about that one..

Ok if that fails to motivate you then there is the slight bump from your Big Dodge 2500 that sends them spinning into orbit... I have never done this, but I have heard of it happening alot!

In Germany the drivers are very professional, I love driving there, the only slow asses you see in the fast lane are stupid Americans!

Now I am in Korea (sigh) yes they load up their families on thier forklifts and truck on down the freeway at 5mph to go shopping, or better yet, they drive this thing that looks like a rototiller with a wagon attached down the freeway,,, man that gets my goat!

GNB

Lived and drove many years in both MA and on Long Island. LI drivers are by FAR (not a little bit, by F A R) the ruder group. MA has its share of bad drivers, but LI adds a healthy dose of shameless local ignorance that completes the package like hot fudge on a sundae. They won't hold the door for you at the mall, never mind showing any DRIVING courtesy. "Solid lines are for crossing, left lane is for travel, right lane's for passing, breakdown lane is the frustration pasing lane..."

Here's a photo of what I live with in plain sight daily (enjoy the license plate too):

post-12143-1249023751_thumb.jpg

Gotta love Long Island!! :happy feet:

Archived