TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Was He Profiled or Not?

I know I am going out on a Limb here BUT................

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090720/ap_on_...olar_disorderly

Is it Profiling if the person in question refuses to give his Name and refuses to cooperate with the Police? From reading the story, NO, it is not Profiling, it is an idiot refusing to cooperate with Police who was there on a Call. I can’t believe I have yet to see Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton show up for their Press Time on this.

Lets see........Civic minded neighbor in a very wealthy area calls in a report of black men breaking into a home. Cops arrive and find black man in house. Black man yells at and berates the cops and refuses to identify himself as the owner and makes threats of racial lawsuits. This doesn't seem like profiling to me. It looks like a subject fitting the description that was called in, was found at the subject property and was uncooperative. Maybe they should just stop responding to stuff at this guys house and let him fend for himself.

Pretty funny in that the attorneys comments are the opposite of the police statement...

Nah that never happens. I am sure the police did just take his ID and call it good.

They probably never hasseled him at all...you guys are on crack if you believe that.

Obviously we were not there but a lot of cops lie. And so do a lot of people. But this guy is a pretty credible citizen....

BTW you do not need to cooperate with the police in your own home, they need a search warrant. Period. He showed ID they needed to leave. If they came in my house without a warrant they would get sued. It does not matter if I was a little green man, this is the USA.

Note if officers come to your house, close the door, your home is your castle they have no right to come inside, period.

The thing that cracks me up is post 911 we have created more and given more powers to law enforcement and the average person has gone along with it hook line and sinker. Its BS read the constitution. It's not germany 1939, the police should have looked at his ID and left simple. But they had to stay and arrest this guy for him telling them they were wrong, sounds like a petty power struggle and we all know how much authority likes to be wrong.

He's lucky they did not shoot him in the back.

Another black guy with a chip on his shoulder, the simple fact of the matter is if you act like an a$$hole with the police that's how your gonna get treated.

:club:

Pretty funny in that the attorneys comments are the opposite of the police statement...

Nah that never happens. I am sure the police did just take his ID and call it good.

They probably never hasseled him at all...you guys are on crack if you believe that.

Obviously we were not there but a lot of cops lie. And so do a lot of people. But this guy is a pretty credible citizen....

BTW you do not need to cooperate with the police in your own home, they need a search warrant. Period. He showed ID they needed to leave. If they came in my house without a warrant they would get sued. It does not matter if I was a little green man, this is the USA.

Note if officers come to your house, close the door, your home is your castle they have no right to come inside, period.

The thing that cracks me up is post 911 we have created more and given more powers to law enforcement and the average person has gone along with it hook line and sinker. Its BS read the constitution. It's not germany 1939, the police should have looked at his ID and left simple. But they had to stay and arrest this guy for him telling them they were wrong, sounds like a petty power struggle and we all know how much authority likes to be wrong.

He's lucky they did not shoot him in the back.

WHAT.........They were there on a Call....... The Home Owner REFUSED to identify himself............ By Refusing to Identify Himself, HOW was the Cops to know he was supposed to there? Oh yeah.......use their Xray Vision to look at the Guys ID in his Wallet.........In this Day & Time, I would NOT want to be a Cop..................

WHAT.........They were there on a Call....... The Home Owner REFUSED to identify himself............ By Refusing to Identify Himself, HOW was the Cops to know he was supposed to there? Oh yeah.......use their Xray Vision to look at the Guys ID in his Wallet.........In this Day & Time, I would NOT want to be a Cop..................

Reread the article you posted a link to. Your wrong.

"By the time police arrived, Gates was already inside. Police say he refused to come outside to speak with an officer, who told him he was investigating a report of a break-in.

"Why, because I'm a black man in America?" Gates said, according to a police report.

Gates — the director of Harvard's W.E.B. Du Bois Institute for African and African American Research — initially refused to show the officer his identification, but then gave him a Harvard University ID card, according to police."

Yes, he later showed his Drivers License, but why didn't he show it to begin with instead of his Harvard ID card? If you show disrespect for the Officer, you surely do not deserve any in return.

EVERYONE needs to KNOW that Law Enforcement Officers are going into a Blind situation and have to be on the defensive from the start, weather it is a simple Traffic Stop or a House call like this was. I would have had my Gun drawn and gone in as if it was a Home Invasion with Back Up.

Archived