TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sacramento Raceway

kahmann

Just a heads up to anyone interested in running their Shelby in the street legal style drags at Sac Raceway.

They run every Wednesday night from 5pm-10pm and the pits open at 4pm. Registration is at the track and costs $15 for car & driver or $7 for general admission, if you want to watch. I'm thinking of heading out there this coming Wednesday night. If anyone else is interested, I'd like to meet up for sure.

Once per month, they have a special Mustang night. The site says 'special trophies to all Mustangs in lane #7'. The Mustang night schedule is:

August 19th

September 16th

October 21st

November 17th

Here's the link to the full calendar of events at Sac Raceway for the rest of the year: http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/calendar.html

I hope a few guys here will bring their cars out!

Ken

wednite570.jpg

I go there quite often but I'm not going to make it this Wed.

I always try to make the Mustang nights. :D

Right on Dan, well hopefully we can hook up at the one in August. I hadn't ever heard of the Mustang nights till you mentioned it in another thread actually!

If I can make it down there in time tomorrow, I'll get some pics and video to post up. :lurk:

Ken

Right on Dan, well hopefully we can hook up at the one in August. I hadn't ever heard of the Mustang nights till you mentioned it in another thread actually!

If I can make it down there in time tomorrow, I'll get some pics and video to post up. :lurk:

Ken

Mustang nights are fun. I've met quite a few 'mustang guys' out there. The only downside to Wednesday's is that the track isn't prepped.

I'm going to put the helmet in the car just in case the machinery I'm expecting tomorrow comes in earlier than expected, or reschedules for Thursday. :D

Either way, good luck!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Which tires do you run out there? I'm pretty sure that if I give it a go, I'll be breaking traction like crazy. :headscratch:

I still run the stockers. They suck. I can roast 'em through 1st and have fish tailed 2nd pretty hard. I'm sure you will have a traction problem too. :D

I still run the stockers. They suck. I can roast 'em through 1st and have fish tailed 2nd pretty hard. I'm sure you will have a traction problem too. :D

Hey Dan it was really nice getting a chance to meet you! You've got a great looking SGT and it looks even better flying down the 1/4 mile. ;)

We'll have to catch each other there again sometime man.

I only got 2 videos from the raceway, because I forgot my memory card for the camera.

Here's a new Bullitt racing a Fox body Mustang:

Hey Ken, it was great to meet you and the wife. Thanks for bringing both rides out. They are sweet!!! I'm looking forward to meeting up with you and doing some kind event.

Your daughter is way cute. She'll be in carts before you know it.

Dan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Dan, I dunno what happened man, but the video I took of your run is corrupt and won't open! Sorry dude.

Here's the only good video I took all night. It's Max's 06 Vortech supercharged Mustang GT:

Ken

That's ok Ken. No worries. You got some great pictures. Thanks for coming out in the cold. I had a great time!

Dan

What did you run with trap speeed, on the DR's?

I ran a 13.644 @ 105.5

It figures that Sac's 60' timer was broken so I have no idea what it was. I know it had to be better than my best of 2.1 seconds. I only ran 3 times and my last was my best. I know I could do a little more with some practice launching.

Here's the video another friend got of my run.

Archived