TEAM SHELBY FORUM

a sobering reminder....

ARMORINE

Well, ,

My take, Street racing is for fools and people with no moral compass.. To head off and race on a street where at any given time there may be people that are unassuming or not involved, place their lives in jeopardy without regard, well you don't want me to go there.. My "X" wives cousin and seven other friends hitched a ride to a "Crank up" party, climbed into the back of his pickup and headed off, later he got into a street race on the way, lost control and rolled the truck, ejecting seven kids from the back (killing them all) the two passengers up front were critical, the driver? well he had been drinking and had minor injuries.. This was in Baton Rouge LA.

Another friend was racing his Z28 at 2am, was forced off the road by the other driver into a telephone pole, he was killed instantly, my other friend who was with him was drunk and had hitched a ride with him back to post, well he never made it post, made it in to ICU for a month instead... I saw some teenagers in Houston, passed me on the left shoulder (I was in the fast lane, unable to get out of the way) in rush hour traffic, they lost control, involved twenty cars and shut down I45..

Needless to say, I have no sympathy for street racers, Sorry.. Sure I like to go fast, everyone loves the exhilaration, but to do so on a public street with no regards for other people is just F%^king stupid.. Those innocent people should have had a choice.. I think when you choose to effect the rights of others you should forfeit yours, That’s right, no three squares a day, no cable friggin TV, if you want to eat, do it like the Turks, have your family bring it.. Maybe we would not have these problems..

Ok, I said my peace, I will not feel bad for this young man, its is tragic that a young man died, that his family has been left with a void, You want to feel sorry for anyone, feel sorry for the countless men and women who serve and die everyday for your freedom and I am not talking just Iraq or Afghanistan, I mean the Soldiers, the Firefighters, the Police... Feel for them and their Families, for they have given the ultimate price!

GNB

Archived