TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSX7076 has been ordered

MY500SS

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice behind the ropes pic Dan.

During our group's tour with Gary, he asked if there were any questions. Nobody had any so I piped up with "which one is Dan's?" He immediately pointed over at the one with 7076 written on it and said "that one".

Nice car and nice engine choice.

The other "Dan"

I got a picture from Tony yesterday with 7076 in the background, you have taillights, rear quick jacks & rear suspension too. It looked like they may have been putting the trunk in.

Thanks for the info John.

Tony says she could be a finished roller by end of March. Did 7506 make it to paint?

Great Pics Dan!

Glad I was there with yall!!

So by the end of march I should be able to drive her around SA with you and Bud pushing? I cant remember whos going to make the VROOM VROOM sounds?

MM

:hysterical:

No, no, no, it's a few TS members pushing with you driving and Bud riding shotgun making the VROOM VROOM sounds. Oh man would that be too funny.

dont forget Jerry Heasley snapping pics of you guys at the same time........now what a sight that would be!

Except that the photos would never actually be posted... Sorry, but I just had to say it :jackinbox:

Gregg

07SGT0547

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, Dan, someone must have screwed up! There's no glove box, stereo, navagation, AC, or a cigarette lighter in the dash panel! I hope that you get a discount for that stuff!

And I thought you told me that you were getting shag carpet for the interior.hysterical.gif

Hey, all kidding aside, did/have you considered having an on board fire supression system installed while the car is being built? It seems like the ideal time to have one installed if you ever thought about having one in the car.

Damn, Dan, someone must have screwed up! There's no glove box, stereo, navagation, AC, or a cigarette lighter in the dash panel! I hope that you get a discount for that stuff!

And I thought you told me that you were getting shag carpet for the interior.hysterical.gif

Hey, all kidding aside, did/have you considered having an on board fire supression system installed while the car is being built? It seems like the ideal time to have one installed if you ever thought about having one in the car.

That's some great thinking E, thanks. I'll talk with Tony about that on Thursday.

"shag carpet"................................:hysterical2:

That's some great thinking E, thanks. I'll talk with Tony about that on Thursday.

"shag carpet"................................hysterical2.gif

Glad I could contribute. You know the old saying..."It's better to be safe than sorry." You may never need/use an FSS, but it's good to know that it's there if you ever do.

Not to mention that shag carpeting is quite flammable too! hysterical.gif

Well it was a very early day today. Left my house at 2:30am and drove to SA to see the FINISHED roller :yahoo:.

I can't say enough about Tony and his Cobra team. They kept me informed during all aspects of the build and answered all my questions ( even the dumb questions ). Fantastic job guys, thanks.

Also a special thanks to Bud. He was a big help with documenting the build and also with what options I should consider. From color combo to the quick release steering wheel, Bud helped a ton. His steering wheel idea alone saved me a big, big issue with just getting my large body in the car. Great save Bud.

I also had a chance to talk with Tom from Tom's Motorsport. His shop will handle the installation of the drive line and other details needed to complete the car.

Here are a few pics from today.

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

EXCELLENT DAN, CONGRATULATIONS!

WHOOOO-HOOO!!!! yahoo.gif

Picture 2 looks like you ordered the off road verison; nice ground clearance! hysterical.gif

She's a beauty. Are you happy with everything?

EXCELLENT DAN, CONGRATULATIONS!

WHOOOO-HOOO!!!! yahoo.gif

Picture 2 looks like you ordered the off road verison; nice ground clearance! hysterical.gif

She's a beauty. Are you happy with everything?

Thanks E.

I'm very,very and very happy with the job SA has done with 7076. One thing that looks odd is the rear tires. They look to small for the larger wheel well. We're seeing what can be done to change that.

It looks like they used four front 7.5" wheels, and Halibrands at that. I would have thought it would come with the FIA wheels, and at the least the Halibrands with the 9.5" rears.

I had this wheel discussion with my builder yesterday, he is going to try and make sure they get me the staggered size FIA wheels, even if I have to pay the extra price.

You didn't happen to see 7506, or better yet get any pictures of it while you were there? It got shipped back to SAI, for some reason they are going to paint in there instead of at the prison. You may also have seen 4391 when you were there, they were going to start on it when they finished yours. I am anxious to see that color in person, the pictures under their lights don't show colors quite right.

It looks like they used four front 7.5" wheels, and Halibrands at that. I would have thought it would come with the FIA wheels, and at the least the Halibrands with the 9.5" rears.

I had this wheel discussion with my builder yesterday, he is going to try and make sure they get me the staggered size FIA wheels, even if I have to pay the extra price.

You didn't happen to see 7506, or better yet get any pictures of it while you were there? It got shipped back to SAI, for some reason they are going to paint in there instead of at the prison. You may also have seen 4391 when you were there, they were going to start on it when they finished yours. I am anxious to see that color in person, the pictures under their lights don't show colors quite right.

I thought the same but in the first pic you can see the rear wheel is wider.

In the 2nd pic you can see a taped up car in the background. That car has a very unusual color. :drool:

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

That's interesting, did you by chance see what size the rear tires were? If it got the 9.5's they should be 295/50R15. If those are the wider wheels & tires that means those fenders are flared more than a 427, either that or the rear end is narrower. It sure gives the impression of the narrower wheels & tires, whatever the reason.

Did that very unusual color look anything like this (except it should be more of a green than this picture appears, at least to my eyes)?

_MG_9678.JPG

Archived