CSX7076 has been ordered

MY500SS

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow DAN......just Wow!

Congrats my friend.

AND I hear In and Out calling too, I thought it was just me! :hysterical:

and Bud, thanks for being such a great SAI asset! You ARE THE MAN!

Thanks Michael. I'm getting excited more and more each day. :yahoo::yahoo: I think our little In-n-Out Burger group is going to be much bigger in January, more the better.

It's really cool how Bud is keeping me updated with teaser pics, and I agree 100%, Bud is a GREAT asset to SAI.

• 2 months later...

It looks like 7076 will have a leaf spring suspension?

If so, it will handle very differently than a coil spring car. The leaf spring cars are a 1951 suspension design, they're very loose and slide around a lot. The coil spring cars handle much more predictably. Now add in monster HP & torque into a car the size of an MGB and that adds an all new can of worms.

It looks like 7076 will have a leaf spring suspension?

If so, it will handle very differently than a coil spring car. The leaf spring cars are a 1951 suspension design, they're very loose and slide around a lot. The coil spring cars handle much more predictably. Now add in monster HP & torque into a car the size of an MGB and that adds an all new can of worms.

Your correct John, leaf spring suspension. I'm looking forward to a whole new style of driving with 7076. Hopefully some of the more experienced guys will help me out.

IMG_0017.jpg

Your correct John, leaf spring suspension. I'm looking forward to a whole new style of driving with 7076. Hopefully some of the more experienced guys will help me out.

IMG_0017.jpg

\

After driving your SS with the Griggs set up, you will HATE the leaf spring suspension on 7076. Is it too late to chage to coild spring suspension??

Alex

\

After driving your SS with the Griggs set up, you will HATE the leaf spring suspension on 7076. Is it too late to chage to coild spring suspension??

Alex

No coils for me. I actually want the smaller 289 along with leaf springs that come on the 7000 series Cobra. Not as many of them around.

Oh man, you got the correct Alex. The way we have the SS set up makes it loads of fun on the track. I'm really looking forward to seeing how she runs in Vegas after you're finished with her.

• 4 weeks later...

No coils for me. I actually want the smaller 289 along with leaf springs that come on the 7000 series Cobra. Not as many of them around.

Oh man, you got the correct Alex. The way we have the SS set up makes it loads of fun on the track. I'm really looking forward to seeing how she runs in Vegas after you're finished with her.

I agree...it will be nice to be one of the "FEW" CSX7000 owners out there who appreciate the originality of our car! So...how is the progress??

Wayne

I agree...it will be nice to be one of the "FEW" CSX7000 owners out there who appreciate the originality of our car! So...how is the progress??

Wayne

She should be back to Shelby from paint any day. I'm hoping to get a peek of her at the Bash.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You think you've been waiting? I ordered 8025 in June of 08, it may be finished next month!

I heard 7506 arrived last week to be prepped for paint, I wonder how long this one will take. Tony didn't send me any pictures, it's probably already been shipped to the paint shop. Then again it could be the car in the background of the new picture of 7076. Scratch that, no cutback doors on that car, nevermind, that's a 427.

You think you've been waiting? I ordered 8025 in June of 08, it may be finished next month!

I heard 7506 arrived last week to be prepped for paint, I wonder how long this one will take. Tony didn't send me any pictures, it's probably already been shipped to the paint shop. Then again it could be the car in the background of the new picture of 7076. Scratch that, no cutback doors on that car, nevermind, that's a 427.

Ummmm, June of 08!!!! I won't complain about how long 7076 is taking anymore.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the 8000 series get the cutback doors. That feature in on the FIA Cobras.

Oh yeah, one other thing......................you have a beautiful collection of Shelby's. :drool:

8025 is the Ivy green car pictured in my signature, photographed in front of the museum for publicity pictures for SAI. The finish out has been going on since September or October, it's been a royal PITA because everything on an aluminum car is different than on a fiberglass car. This has been even more of a problem because this car is as close to an exact duplicate of a low optioned 289 street car as is possible. Original (one-off re-popped) cast iron exhaust manifolds, cast iron intake, Ford shoebox 4 barrel carb, brass radiator puke tank, etc. Lots of parts had to be one-offed in the finish out process. Even the motor mounts are different between a glass and aluminum car.

7506 just arrived at SAI last week, that's the car that should have the cut back doors. The reason my VIN is 7506 is because 7500 numbers denote aluminum bodies.

Ummmm, June of 08!!!! I won't complain about how long 7076 is taking anymore.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the 8000 series get the cutback doors. That feature in on the FIA Cobras.

Oh yeah, one other thing......................you have a beautiful collection of Shelby's. :drool:

8025 is the Ivy green car pictured in my signature, photographed in front of the museum for publicity pictures for SAI. The finish out has been going on since September or October, it's been a royal PITA because everything on an aluminum car is different than on a fiberglass car. This has been even more of a problem because this car is as close to an exact duplicate of a low optioned 289 street car as is possible. Original (one-off re-popped) cast iron exhaust manifolds, cast iron intake, Ford shoebox 4 barrel carb, brass radiator puke tank, etc. Lots of parts had to be one-offed in the finish out process. Even the motor mounts are different between a glass and aluminum car.

7506 just arrived at SAI last week, that's the car that should have the cut back doors. The reason my VIN is 7506 is because 7500 numbers denote aluminum bodies.

My bad. I thought you were asking about 8025. My good friend is getting 7505 back from final build next month.

I saw 7505 when I was at the bash, a very interesting car. It has 8000 slabside front fenders with 7000 rear fender flares, and that interesting clamshell trunk lid designed to work with the LeMans hard top. It was very cool, and will be unique for sure.

My bad. I thought you were asking about 8025. My good friend is getting 7505 back from final build next month.

I saw 7505 when I was at the bash, a very interesting car. It has 8000 slabside front fenders with 7000 rear fender flares, and that interesting clamshell trunk lid designed to work with the LeMans hard top. It was very cool, and will be unique for sure.

Owner had to get Carroll's approval before Shelby Distribution would take the order.

So, inquiring minds want to know, what are you doing for a transmission in 7076? Webered or 4 barrel? Is it going to see the track or just "spirited" street driving?

I'm anzious to see yours, it might help make the time waiting for mine more bearable. Mine went to paint yesterday, It's third in line. I truly hope it will be finished in time for the 2011 Bash in Vegas.

So, inquiring minds want to know, what are you doing for a transmission in 7076? Webered or 4 barrel? Is it going to see the track or just "spirited" street driving?

I'm anzious to see yours, it might help make the time waiting for mine more bearable. Mine went to paint yesterday, It's third in line. I truly hope it will be finished in time for the 2011 Bash in Vegas.

Have not decided on trans yet, went with Dynatek fuel injection and she will see as much track time as I can get.

I would love to see anyone of your beauties at the Bash.

Here's a pic of the engine.

IMG_4449.jpg

Wow, too cool, I love the looks of that FI system!!!

I'm going with 48IDF's instead of IDA's, the IDF is a 4 circuit system for much better mid throttle response. The IDA's are great at idle and WOT, but not in between. If it wasn't for originality I'd love to go with something like what you did. It looks sick.

Wow, too cool, I love the looks of that FI system!!!

I'm going with 48IDF's instead of IDA's, the IDF is a 4 circuit system for much better mid throttle response. The IDA's are great at idle and WOT, but not in between. If it wasn't for originality I'd love to go with something like what you did. It looks sick.

A true Weber would be too cool, but I went with FI to save me some issues that come with cars that sit for long lengths of time without running. If my 289 FIA was aluminum I would've done a Weber or 4 barrel for sure.

If you don't mind my asking..........what color are you thinking.............Black maybe.

Archived