TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSX7076 has been ordered

MY500SS

Congratulations to you Dan, thats incredible news.......you must be so excited......hell, Im excited and Im not even getting the car!

And Marji was right......you do love that SS!

Congrats to you both.

Thanks Michael.

Yeah, Marji does a good job keeping me from making too many dumb choices.

All the best.

Dan

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks great tucked into that small space. How's your Cobra running now with the injection system?

It's at the tuner getting a final pass over it. It'll have been there a month - it was there for two weeks when the weather was crappy to drive it and for another two while I'm on my out of town for a trip and vacation. I'm hoping that everything will be ready to pick it up on Friday.

It's at the tuner getting a final pass over it. It'll have been there a month - it was there for two weeks when the weather was crappy to drive it and for another two while I'm on my out of town for a trip and vacation. I'm hoping that everything will be ready to pick it up on Friday.

WooHoo, Friday's are great day's to get a car back. Weekend :shift: time.

CONGRATS Dan and Margi!!!!!

Since the roller will be ready in Jan do you think a bunch of TS folks could get together and PUSH me around the track. Ill let Bud ride shotgun and make ENGINE sounds!!!!!!

MM

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2: Pushing you around with Bud making engine sounds :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: .

Now I need to clean up all the Coffee I just spit all over my keyboard, laughing so hard.

Thanks MM

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2: Pushing you around with Bud making engine sounds :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: .

Now I need to clean up all the Coffee I just spit all over my keyboard, laughing so hard.

Thanks MM

I wasnt trying to be funny :hysterical:

Thats the ONLY way I wouldnt be scared of the monster!!!!!

Again congrats and look forward to seeing yall again in January. I think In and Out is calling our names!!!!

MM

CONGRATS Dan and Margi!!!!!

Since the roller will be ready in Jan do you think a bunch of TS folks could get together and PUSH me around the track. Ill let Bud ride shotgun and make ENGINE sounds!!!!!!

MM

Bud makes vroom-vroom sounds with the new scale models when they come in to his office. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the links.

I'd think twice about putting any more HP into one of these than they already have. For reference listen to Cosby's 200MPH which was about the Super Snake.

OK, I'll give you that maybe a Paxton with low boost on a 289-class engine would be OK, and might bring it up close to what a 427 is, but trust me, you don't want more than that. I've learned two more ways to get the rear end to scoot out on mine. Hint #1: Don't drive on wet pavement. Hint #2: Don't downshift to slow down - transmission go, brakes slow.

I'm adding a new slogan to my sig: Got Torque ?

I'd think twice about putting any more HP into one of these than they already have. For reference listen to Cosby's 200MPH which was about the Super Snake.

OK, I'll give you that maybe a Paxton with low boost on a 289-class engine would be OK, and might bring it up close to what a 427 is, but trust me, you don't want more than that. I've learned two more ways to get the rear end to scoot out on mine. Hint #1: Don't drive on wet pavement. Hint #2: Don't downshift to slow down - transmission go, brakes slow.

I'm adding a new slogan to my sig: Got Torque ?

Thanks for the input Tony, I'll be sure to remember ( and use ) your hints. I'm sticking with the injection system, but man that single Paxton would look cool.

"Got Torque" perfect slogan.

Thanks for the input Tony, I'll be sure to remember ( and use ) your hints. I'm sticking with the injection system, but man that single Paxton would look cool.

"Got Torque" perfect slogan.

You hit the nail on the head "look cool". I have a Shelby SC on my CSX, but I'm considering switching it out for a FI set up.

You hit the nail on the head "look cool". I have a Shelby SC on my CSX, but I'm considering switching it out for a FI set up.

For me the extra power in not needed, but the COOL factor can't be denied with the Paxton.

Riding SHOTGUN making VROOOM VROOOM noises was way too funny!!!!!!! :shift:

But I think if we pushed this around, it would be more like fingernails on a chalk board!!!!! :hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical:

DSCF01892.jpg

DSCF01902.jpg

DSCF0196.jpg

DSCF0198.jpg

Shhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell Dan this is CSX 7076 LOL

Bud

happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifOh man that's toooooo flipping coolhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif. I've spent most of the day looking at these pics ( no work done today ).

Thanks for posting Bud, your a pal to all that is Shelby.

Dan, if you ever track this thing become very friendly with the gas pedal in the turn. Do not lift. I fear that you might experience "reverse throttle oversteer" which is the strangest way to lose control but it happens. Don't lift in the corner because I believe the rear end will come around. At least this is what I have heard. If you do own one an track it please chime in, I would really like to know in case I have to instruct somebody in one of these machines on a road course. Don't know that it will ever happen but I would really like to know and understand some of the driving techniques that are required to drive these machines.

Nice Dan, really nice................

Dan, if you ever track this thing become very friendly with the gas pedal in the turn. Do not lift. I fear that you might experience "reverse throttle oversteer" which is the strangest way to lose control but it happens. Don't lift in the corner because I believe the rear end will come around. At least this is what I have heard. If you do own one an track it please chime in, I would really like to know in case I have to instruct somebody in one of these machines on a road course. Don't know that it will ever happen but I would really like to know and understand some of the driving techniques that are required to drive these machines.

Thanks for the kind words and driving tips, I need all the advise I can get.

One thing I plan on doing is to take the Cobra on as many tracks as possible and Daytona is on the top of my list. I'll be sure to schedule that one with you. Trying to keep up with you around the high banks of Daytona will be a great learning experience.

Thanks for the kind words and driving tips, I need all the advise I can get.

Hey Dan,

Once you get this beast, I'll see if I can hook you up with Vince. He knows how to drive these things!!! He was the one driving the yellow #33 at the 85th bash. He was also driving the black Terlingua and keeping up with the competition cobras at the same bash. Remind me at this years bash and I'll introduce him to you, if you haven't met him yet :)

Bud

Cobras like to go around. Mine has not gone completely around (yet) but I've had it break loose in what I considered normal driving, e.g., downshifting into a turn - this is the torquey engine effect. I've also heard of the rear end breaking loose when letting off the throttle, especially at very high speeds, which means if you see the highway cop coming at you you'd just as well surrender because the alternative may be a U-turn in your lane. :) However, this may be more of a trait for the 427's than the 289's.

Bud, I'm hoping to bring mine out to Vegas in January (all things working out).

Hey Dan,

Once you get this beast, I'll see if I can hook you up with Vince. He knows how to drive these things!!! He was the one driving the yellow #33 at the 85th bash. He was also driving the black Terlingua and keeping up with the competition cobras at the same bash. Remind me at this years bash and I'll introduce him to you, if you haven't met him yet :)

Bud

I'd love to meet Vince, thanks Budman. I do remember watching ( and hearing ) the yellow Cobra on the track at the 85 Bash. Any advise from a guy that can drive like that would be fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived