TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSX7076 has been ordered

MY500SS

I had something like $12K in mine to get it running right. Then the clutch fiasco added to it. Cobras are like Ferraris - you want to buy one while it is still under warranty and drive the p*** out of it so you find all of those pesky issues before the warranty runs out. These aren't mass produced vehicles and WILL have some rough edges.

Very true. I guess it's just part of owning such a cool car.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The safety valve and fuel pump should be warrantied by SAI, they should reimburse Tom for the repairs.

I guess I'm lucky, my builder stands behind virtually anything. He's replacing the transmission in 4391 because he didn't like the leaks, I took it to him for something totally unrelated.

I sent an email to my dealer asking for reimbursement. I don't think SA will deny the claim.

Your correct about having a stand up builder........... worth a ton.

So sorry to hear that this car is/has turned into a time consuming never ending money pit.

As long as your having fun, that's all that matters. :headscratch:

I'm confused. :confused:

Are you still bringing the car to the Meet & Greet ?

Hey Rob,

Yes, we're still bringing the Cobra to the PNW Meet & Greet. The leak is very, very minor, but I'm a bit nuts so any leak kills me.

sorry to hear all didnt get resolved while Tom had her.......

and that the engine builder cut corners......

that really sucks........

hope you have your solutions soon Dan........

Thanks Michael. We'll get it all worked out.

been there and done that. SA didn't lift a finger to help with the problems I had on the CSX, best of luck to you

Sorry to hear about you not getting any help with your CSX problems. So far the team at SA has stepped up and work my issues out with me. I don't see why this should be any different.

Thanks for the luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Put 7076 on the dyno to fine tune her.....................she runs fantastic now happy%20feet.gif . No rough spots and very smooth from 0 to 6000 RPM.

She's putting 350hp to the rear wheels.....not bad for a little 289.

Hey Rob,

Yes, we're still bringing the Cobra to the PNW Meet & Greet. The leak is very, very minor, but I'm a bit nuts so any leak kills me.

Glad to see you resolved it.

See you in a couple weeks.

Put 7076 on the dyno to fine tune her.....................she runs fantastic now happy%20feet.gif . No rough spots and very smooth from 0 to 6000 RPM.

Wow...........350.....what a sweet number....congrats Dan...... :happy feet: :happy feet:

Wow, that should be pretty awesome in a 2500 lb car. Congrats Dan!

• 2 months later...

Finally received the title from the DMV.............and it's wrong :banghead: .

Was told model year would state "1964".............states "0000". Wrong plates as well. :doh:

What do you expect, it was just about time for her coffee break.......

I can go to the DMV, ask three different people the exact same question, and get four different answers.

What do you expect, it was just about time for her coffee break.......

I can go to the DMV, ask three different people the exact same question, and get four different answers.

Very true.

I've got an appointment in 3 weeks to see if something else can get messed up. :doh:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Tony..............yep, SB100. No blue VIN tag needed..................DMV allowed the stamped CSX7076 for the VIN happy%20feet.gif

I'm pretty sure that SB100 vehicles come back as 0000 as year of manufacture. The Cobra Forum has beat this topic to death every year for the past 10... You might look over there.

I'm pretty sure that SB100 vehicles come back as 0000 as year of manufacture. The Cobra Forum has beat this topic to death every year for the past 10... You might look over there.

Thanks for the tip Tony........... :beerchug: .

The DMV said it MIGHT be possible but not to hold my breath.

• 4 months later...

Archived