TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How long from Build date to Arrival

War Eagle

I just got an email following up on my allocation and was told that my car is scheduled to be built the first week of August (8/3).

How long does it take to get the car built and then arrive at the Dealership?

Sure would love to get this Bad Boy before the end of August.

Thanks

Steve

I just got an email following up on my allocation and was told that my car is scheduled to be built the first week of August (8/3).

Thanks

Steve

You may get it before the end of the month. The new builds seem to be delivering fairly quick. As for me my car was built May 7th and my new ETA is August 16th over three months from build date. Hopefully you want get caught up in the BS that I did.

See my signature.

Roger that thanks.

I had noticed that some guys were reporting in the "Waiting Game" thread that their delivery was 20 days or so from build date. Is this the new trend now that we are past the "Holds" and the plant shut down.?

Steve

Thanks

Steve

Built 6/3, arrived dealer by rail/truck to Atl 6/17.Seems,depending on the railhead, could be 2 weeks.Theres alot of rail thru Atl,so if your is coming thru here,you'll be in good shape

I do not understand the delivery strategy (maybe there isn't one which is a problem) on the Shelby. My car was made 6/17 and is to be delivered on 8/3...why does it have to set in Detroit for 4 weeks before it starts the shipping process? CaptJim...looks like our cars were made pretty close to each other...maybe keeping each other company in some lot somewhere. If I ordered a Fusion from Ford it would have been here in six weeks from the date the order was accepted...not the case for the Shebly.

I do not understand the delivery strategy (maybe there isn't one which is a problem) on the Shelby. My car was made 6/17 and is to be delivered on 8/3...why does it have to set in Detroit for 4 weeks before it starts the shipping process? CaptJim...looks like our cars were made pretty close to each other...maybe keeping each other company in some lot somewhere. If I ordered a Fusion from Ford it would have been here in six weeks from the date the order was accepted...not the case for the Shebly.

There definitely is no delivery strategy. I have been waiting long enough now where I went to hop on a plane and drive the car home.

They should definitely be putting all the Shelby's in one place in the lot, would actually love to see a picture of all the different colors, options, etc. sitting together.

Regards,

Jim

Just a question...how do you find out where the car is after it has been built? It seems like some of you know that it is on some dock or some train somewhere. Is this through the dealer or some other contact?

Mine was supposed to be build on 7-15.

Thanks

Does anyone know if the build date is the day they start the build, or the day it's finished. Also does anyone have a basic timeline of how long it takes to build one these fine cars once the build has started?

Exact questions I have.... Bump.Bump.Bump..

Does anyone know if the build date is the day they start the build, or the day it's finished. Also does anyone have a basic timeline of how long it takes to build one these fine cars once the build has started?

The new car manager told me when I took delivery that my car started production on June 8\09 and was finished ready to ship June 16\09 and arrived in Calgary June 24\09. The online window sticker had June 11\09 as build date. He had a computer print out that listed the dates according to vin#.

I have been unable to pull up my sticker so I called Ford Customer service this morning to verify the build date. The rep told me the car was scheduled to be delivered to the Dealer 8/23. When I asked her about the build date she said she did not have any informatin on build date only delivery date.

My Dealer told me earlier in the week that it was scheduled to be built the week of 7/27, while I had received an earlier email from Ford saying it was to be built 8/3.. The delivery date of 8/23 would be 20 days after that so I guess that sounds about right.

I guess I really won't know till I am able to pull up the sticker.

Steve

I have been unable to pull up my sticker so I called Ford Customer service this morning to verify the build date. The rep told me the car was scheduled to be delivered to the Dealer 8/23. When I asked her about the build date she said she did not have any informatin on build date only delivery date.

My Dealer told me earlier in the week that it was scheduled to be built the week of 7/27, while I had received an earlier email from Ford saying it was to be built 8/3.. The delivery date of 8/23 would be 20 days after that so I guess that sounds about right.

I guess I really won't know till I am able to pull up the sticker.

Steve

If you want to call the Auto Alliance plant in Michigan they might could help you on the build date. The number to the plant is 1-734-782-7800.

Well for me it was about a month.

Build 6/22

Factory Release 7/13

Dealer Arrival 7/23

Man that is quick! That's the way they should be delivered not these month of agonizing waiting. Enjoy!EnjoY! bpmurr: Life Is Good!

Archived