TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Our First 2010 Shelby

gradona

Ford's mass producing that Grabber Blue aren't they? Anyhew, hey, sharp looking car. I have yet to this day been able to give props to the rearend, but no need to beat a dead horse. I drove behind a 2010 that merged in front of me on the freeway the other day... no too bad!

Yeah I agree, the rearend... not so much.

I thought about something today as well, if we didn't have the '07 - '09 model GT500s to compare to I would LOVE this car.

I'd even probably like the rearend more than I like it now... probably still wouldn't "like" it but I'd be ok with it.

I just feel like they took a step in the wrong direction with this model... interior-wise I think everyone would agree it's nicer.

But exterior-wise I think the '07-'09 GT500s look SO much better.

I kind of still feel like the front looks like a Dodge Ram truck... but again if I didn't have the '07-'09 GT500 to compare to I probably wouldn't mind as much.

Very cool! Thanks for posting! I saw a dark gray GT 500 vert at Ford Fan Friday at Bristol in the spring....very nice indeed. It's not as dark as my Alloy, but the vert looks very good too. I like the front end, myself. Some auto editor called it the most aggressive nose on the street......won't argue with that. Interiors are MUCH nicer. That's my only regret--otherwise I'll keep my '07!

Very cool! Thanks for posting! I saw a dark gray GT 500 vert at Ford Fan Friday at Bristol in the spring....very nice indeed. It's not as dark as my Alloy, but the vert looks very good too. I like the front end, myself. Some auto editor called it the most aggressive nose on the street......won't argue with that. Interiors are MUCH nicer. That's my only regret--otherwise I'll keep my '07!

I am not so sure about the interior being so much nicer.... I sat in two this weekend and I personally didn't see the interior being that much nicer. I know the media seems to think so, but I really didn't see it. I love the '07-'09 interior upgrade with the leather dash cover. I also found the 2010 center council area much less refined than I expected. I think the '10 interior is an improvement, but not nearly as much as others have thought.

Didn't know we had Forum Police :stop: Guess I'll be banned now, huh :angry22:

I dont think it was meant in a bad way...you just put a 2010 topic in the 2007-2009 section...he is right- wrong forum...nice car

Yeah, this is what I meant.

So let me get this straight, If I want to show the new body style Shelby to the folks that own the previous body style, In order to get an opinion, I must first post the thread on the 2010 board and then come to the 2007-2009 board and give everyone a link <_< , Is that the correct procedure? Cause I'm pretty sure everyone over on the 2010 board is very familiar with the new body style :headscratch: .

So let me get this straight, If I want to show the new body style Shelby to the folks that own the previous body style, In order to get an opinion, I must first post the thread on the 2010 board and then come to the 2007-2009 board and give everyone a link <_< , Is that the correct procedure? Cause I'm pretty sure everyone over on the 2010 board is very familiar with the new body style :headscratch: .

No, just post it in the proper forum.....2010 Shelby.

Now, if you wanted to do a "2007-09 vs 2010", then it would be appropriate.

It's rather simple, really it is.

oh, btw, most, if not all 2007-09 owners, know all about the 2010 GT-500.

No, just post it in the proper forum.....2010 Shelby.

Now, if you wanted to do a "2007-09 vs 2010", then it would be appropriate.

It's rather simple, really it is.

oh, btw, most, if not all 2007-09 owners, know all about the 2010 GT-500.

Maybe the forums should be merged, since the cars are basically the same anyway??? The Corvette guys call their cars C1 thru C6, and don't make the massive distinction us Mustang people are making between the '07-'09 and '10. These cars are alot more the same than different, so why so much differentiation???

I took my 07 Vert in the other day to have the valve stems replaced and when i picked the car up they had it parked next to a 2010 dark blue vert GT 500 .I walked around the car looking at it with the tech who worked on my car .There are alot of things the did right ,Shifter ,seats ,The front end is growing on me .But they killed it with the rear end .I made it clear to the tech that I didnt like the rear on it ,Only to find out he bought the car and was taking it home that day .When I got home I checked the work only to find out that they didnt replace the valvestems .So I had to go right back with the TSB in my hand and school the tech on what to look for.

I personally do not like the 2010, primarily because of the big chunk of plastic on the hood. Too much black plastic around the back as well. Anyhoo, I do like the shifter and the wheels. As far as Grabber blue? That would be my last choice in color selection. Ford should have put the KR hood on the new Shelby. In fact, I feel they should have done that with the Shelby's starting in 07. These are just opinions. I love all of the Shelby's and the owners!! The real problem for all of us Shelby owners is TRACTION!!!

Archived