TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009KRandGT500

Torched10

Met a fellow TS member today 09Kr0058 at a local Stang club meeting where I brought my 2010 vert.John has a great looking KR same color as mine,almost.Looks a slight shade redder than the 2010,which i liked.Exhuast sounds great,and both cars looked cool side-by-side--heres a few pics

post-24281-1248050938_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1248050985_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1248051006_thumb.jpg

Met a fellow TS member today 09Kr0058 at a local Stang club meeting where I brought my 2010 vert.John has a great looking KR same color as mine,almost.Looks a slight shade redder than the 2010,which i liked.Exhuast sounds great,and both cars looked cool side-by-side--heres a few pics

Great meeting you too Bob. Thanks for emailing me all the pics. I mailed my application to the Georgia Regional Mustang Club this morning. Looks like they have a great group of people, and all those restored 'stangs look awesome.

Great pictures....I was a little surprised that the two torch red cars would be different colors? I have always liked the deeper red but not a real fan of the orange/red color of some of the new reds. I do have a torch red with silver stripes 2010 ordered. Bob, can't tell from the pictures but how different where the two?

Great pictures....I was a little surprised that the two torch red cars would be different colors? I have always liked the deeper red but not a real fan of the orange/red color of some of the new reds. I do have a torch red with silver stripes 2010 ordered. Bob, can't tell from the pictures but how different where the two?

I too was worreid about the Torch red color.But i love it really--it tends to grab light differently in morning and evening--looking almost luminescent.I think it has a little yellow or orange in it,but a very small amount, but enough to pick up the different wavelengths of thew sun at dawn/dusk.The KR was more of a red/red,whereas mine has a hair of orange in it.But only a true car person would ever see the difference.My own feeling is that the Torch Red in the 2010 has a modernistic,wild side to it.But if youre looking for a Ferrari red, Torch wont do it.Ill see if any of my pics show it and post it if it looks discernible.I can send you a bigger file if you PM your email address

PS--i looked at my pics and the 2 i posted side by side show the slight difference in color well.As i mentioned above,if you want a bigger file let me know

I was pretty surprised at this too. If you look at them separately, it appears its the same color. But when we parked side-by-side, you could see just a very slight hint of orange in the 2010 Flame Red compared to the '09. But as I said, if you were to just see a 2010 doing down the road, you would think its the same color.

I was pretty surprised at this too. If you look at them separately, it appears its the same color. But when we parked side-by-side, you could see just a very slight hint of orange in the 2010 Flame Red compared to the '09. But as I said, if you were to just see a 2010 doing down the road, you would think its the same color.

AHH! was the 2009 Flame Red?the 2010 is torch red--do you know the paint code,be interesting if they are different.I agree, they are just about the same--i know when i had some collision work done on a 90 Mustang,and the new paint didnt quite match, they told me they only had to be within 5 shades and it was OK,so maybe they have the same deal with new cars as well--bob

AHH! was the 2009 Flame Red?the 2010 is torch red--do you know the paint code,be interesting if they are different.I agree, they are just about the same--i know when i had some collision work done on a 90 Mustang,and the new paint didnt quite match, they told me they only had to be within 5 shades and it was OK,so maybe they have the same deal with new cars as well--bob

Oops. Sorry, my bad. I meant to say Torch Red. I have the HVBoM at home. I'll check the paint code, which I'm assuming in all those 30+ pages of detail, has to be in there somewhere!

Now you have me worried. If I ever need any touch-up paint, I guess I'll have to say "the 2009 D3, NOT the 2010 D3"

Ive got some touch up coming--ill let you know if it matches my color or not.You might just want to get a couple bottles,just in case you need it 5 years from now and theyve drifted even further.Wonder if you tell them its for a 2009 rather than a 2010 if thed give you a different bottle.If you do bring them to the Mustang show in August and well compare bottles

Archived