TEAM SHELBY FORUM

damn I love this car....

judgeman6970

just got back from a car cruise at a local beach here..put about 60 miles on her...this has got to be one of the best cars i've ever owned(and I've owned a few), love the looks, the ride/handling/steering, the interior/dash, the engine/shifter(alot)......then the things that make this car so enjoyable to drive----great stereo(sirious), great mpg's(averaging 22), and even the view from the driver's seat is perfect, practically zero blind spots & looking out over that cool hood scoop!!....anyone else totally in love with this car too?? :hysterical:

post-25069-1247972621_thumb.jpg

post-25069-1247972621_thumb.jpg

just got back from a car cruise at a local beach here..put about 60 miles on her...this has got to be one of the best cars i've ever owned(and I've owned a few), love the looks, the ride/handling/steering, the interior/dash, the engine/shifter(alot)......then the things that make this car so enjoyable to drive----great stereo(sirious), great mpg's(averaging 22), and even the view from the driver's seat is perfect, practically zero blind spots & looking out over that cool hood scoop!!....anyone else totally in love with this car too?? :hysterical:

lets just say when the garage door shuts and the lights go down...not all is quiet in the concrete jungle tonight! :hysterical:

I am right there with you, I was looking for a DD that was new that I liked when I bought mine and I got everything I like about cars and more, these things are perfect!

This is not the fastest car I own, nor is it the best handling car I own, but it is the best "balanced" car one could ask for! I just drove the GT-H from Arizona to Montana, and back, and had a fantastic time!

This car is loads of fun in the canyons. It has plenty of power to pull all the mountains, and sticks hard through the turns.

It got "thumbs-up" all along the way, and was the center of attention at every gas stop.

From doorstep to doorstep it was 1260 miles. I made it home, even with a delay at Hoover Dam, in 17 hours. That's faster than I've done it in my Porsche. And, I averaged 26 mpg at over 85 mph.

This thing will go 140 mph...

I totally agree. just got back from the Big Daddy Super Cruse, the first long run on my Shelby GT. I averaged 22.5mpg. Even thow it rained most of the way, I loved the ride. No fear at all in the rain.

Well, I've spent the last week running up and down mountains in Colorado and having a BLAST in our SGT! I left Texas last week, spent the week in Colorado, and we're heading back to Texas now...stopped over in Taos, NM for the night and will finish heading home tomorrow morning...So far, I've averaged 27 MPG on this trip and so far just a little over 1500 miles with another 500 to go before getting home. Now bare in mind that I've crossed the Continental Divide no less than 6 times this week and still maintained 27 MPG, so that is not bad at all and I have NOT babied the car at all...as a matter of fact, I've pushed it pretty hard up in the mountains just because it is so well balanced. Only mod to my car's engine is a Steeda cold air intake tube and I did NOT retune after adding it to the car...I'd sure like to get my $1000.00 gas guzzler tax back from the EPA...especially when I'm averaging 27 MPG all the time!!!

Hi, I feel your JOY too!!!yup.gif biggrin.gif

I thought I was the only one that liked every aspect of this car.shift.gif

I don't need 500 horsepower, this 325 hp is just Great!!!peelout.gif

Phil

Williamsport, Pa.

Joy_Ride_01.JPG

Joy_Ride_01.JPG

I too enjoy the car very much. Everytime I go out with it, I have loads of people wanting to know everything about it. I would love to get a Super Charger but I can't afford it at this time, but the power it has is really awesome. I love the handling and the gearing that came on the car. Well keep enjoying your cars Gents. :peelout:

Throw my name on the list!!! I took her out yesterday for shall we say for a "spirited ride" on some some of PA's backroads. I love the way it handles. :shift: Stopped in Kutztown for a bite to eat and just kept looking at her parked across the street. :happy feet:

Throw my name on the list!!! I took her out yesterday for shall we say for a "spirited ride" on some some of PA's backroads. I love the way it handles. :shift: Stopped in Kutztown for a bite to eat and just kept looking at her parked across the street. :happy feet:
you're right...sometimes I enjoy just sittin back & admiring her great looks!!!

post-25069-1248093919_thumb.jpg

post-25069-1248093919_thumb.jpg

Bare with me on this:

I was at a "Cars and Coffee" event Saturday morning and had a great time talking to several individuals about my car. I still find individuals who don't know that there are two different Shelby's out there (Big Surprise here), so I tend to offer a little history and provide them with the difference between a SGT and a GT500.

I did come across one "seasoned" car guy with a Z06 knew about the SGT and is very impressed by the stance, appearance and how well these cars perform. He claimed to have seen these at the SCCA races and is very impressed with how they hold their own against the Corvettes, BMW's....

So after the morning show, a friend and I went the a local Ford dealer to look at the new 2010 GT500. I came close to trading my SGT this weekend for that 2010 GT500. Mostly for the extra HP under the hood.

I could have came close to the same monthly payments but with a a 2 year extension in time.

On the drive home I was debating what to do. While driving home I recieve one thumbs up, one "Nice Car" comment and several lookers. My final decision came when I left a stop light on the highway with an uphill climb ahead (note that I was behind some traffic). I gently applied a firm throttle when the opportunity presented itself, changed lanes and...well everyone was behind me by that point.

I am sure this is not the fastest car out there as it sits today, but it sure has the power when you need it. Changing lanes was smooth and controlled and the feel is like no other car I have ever driven. By the way, I can always add a SC later for the horsepower.

I have decided to keep the car. I still love my SGT.

I have driven many cars through the years but I can honestly say the SGT is the best of the bunch. It's not the fastest, not the most comfortable, not the best handling, but it is the best overall. There is nothig else I have driven that wraps everything together like the SGT. Plus it is one amazing looking car. I never get tired of seeing people stare.

I totally agree with u, it's the best car I've ever had. :bowdown: When i am stressed or when I need a break, after a long journey, I'm gonna sit in my car and look after it, drive a few miles, and minutes later , I feel much better. (feels like medicine)

Only the fact that people look the car passing and showing with the finger , saying look at that "ONE"....makes me feel like I am part of a group of people owing such a fabulous ride. :shift:

No need to say, that we have a lot of german italian britich etc...here in our area, but SHELBY's are really rare. And guess what, I will never change my Pony with one of them.....NEVER... :peelout: The coolest thing that happened to me, were two cops, who stopped me, not because i was too fast, but simply they want to give a look at the car....No joke....So what you want more to say.....

God bless Carroll Shelby and all the cars these guys made. :salute:

Fred

Test_1.jpg

Test_1.jpg

You ever drive by a large window and see the reflection of you sitting in your car and think "Damn that looks good!"

Many times :), There are a couple of streets I go to whenever I go down through town just for that thrill. :D

I also think Shelby or Mustang and Cammer 427 even when playing around in my 3D programs. Here are a few

3D images I made for the Team if anyone wants them. They should have transparent backgrounds also.

On the Orange SGT, I wasn't sure if they were with or without the /CS, so I did both.

Phil,

Williamsport, Pa.

Black_Shelby_GT_Shodowed.png, White_Shelby_GT_Shodowed.png,

Blue_Shelby_GT_Shodowed.png, Orange_Shelby_GT_Shodowed.png,

OrangeCS_Shelby_GT_Shodowed.png

Black_Shelby_GT_Shodowed.png

White_Shelby_GT_Shodowed.png

Blue_Shelby_GT_Shodowed.png

Orange_Shelby_GT_Shodowed.png

After 14 months and nearly 9000 miles, I still tear up in pride every time I look at it. It's not a 500, but I just flat-out love this car, despite its flaws and the fact that no one seems to have any idea what it is. The other day, I pulled up in traffic next to an SUV on my driver's side. The teenage boy in the passenger seat of the SUV was on the verge of wetting himself, waving his arms around, eyes bugging, and tongue hanging out. I couldn't hear anything he said, but I could read his lips as he was shouting "Shelby! Shelby!" to his driver. I couldn't help but to laugh as he pressed his face to his window in admiration. He couldn't hear me either, so I just mouthed a "thanks" to him (and left him in my dust). Makes ya feel good... Oddly, women in other Mustangs never even seem to notice me. :headscratch:

I told a co-worker in Australia about my car and he said he would like to see some pictures.

Reply he sent indicated his 'mates' were all envious but could not see how it would handle well with where the steering wheel was located. Further down in the note after I chuckled he indicated the car would draw a great deal more attention in their area than a Porsche or Ferrari. American Muscle cars are rare over there.

Told him I was willing to take on their Australian road system if he could find me a sponsor.

I do love the car and having people comment is therapeutic. However, getting behind the wheel to let the beast out is elation.

DrKSGT

I have actually done something this week that I usually can't do as I travel so much...I worked from home and drove the Shelby every evening just for about 20 miles each trip. I may never go back to traveling! It is now to the point where Ford could of done a radio delete on my car and wouldn't of missed it. Nothing better than riding on a 2 lane twisty in the country w/ the window down and NO RADIO, just the sound of the exhaust. (and the occasional whine of the SC) :happy feet:

I've had my Shelby 7 weeks. Already put 2200 miles on it. I love to put down the windows, turn up the radio with some good 70's tunes and drive. The attention it gets is unbelievable. Everyone wants to race me down the street. I just let them go by. I told a kid in a Cooper the other day who wanted to race me "dude, you only have half an engine." He made a lot of noise as he turned the corner and drove off. Enjoy.

post-25557-1248845904_thumb.jpg

"dude, you only have half an engine." He made a lot of noise as he turned the corner and drove off. Enjoy.

:hysterical: I like that. I'm going to have to remember that the next time a ricer with a fart can on the back wants to see what I've got.

Ricer-s546x386-13858-580.jpg

Many times :), There are a couple of streets I go to whenever I go down through town just for that thrill. :D

I also think Shelby or Mustang and Cammer 427 even when playing around in my 3D programs. Here are a few

3D images I made for the Team if anyone wants them. They should have transparent backgrounds also.

On the Orange SGT, I wasn't sure if they were with or without the /CS, so I did both.

Phil,

Williamsport, Pa.

Black_Shelby_GT_Shodowed.png, White_Shelby_GT_Shodowed.png,

Blue_Shelby_GT_Shodowed.png, Orange_Shelby_GT_Shodowed.png,

Those images are nice! I don't suppose you could also make up a set w/out the years.....

Those images are nice! I don't suppose you could also make up a set w/out the years.....

Hi ilmor,

Here they are, no year. Is this what you were thinking?

No problem, took about 5 minutes modify. On the orange ones, I found that

they were GT/C, I had GT/CS, sorry

Phil

Williamsport, Pa.

Black_Shelby_GT_Shodowed_NY.png, White_Shelby_GT_Shodowed_NY.png,

Blue_Shelby_GT_Shodowed_NY.png, Orange_Shelby_GTC_Shodowed_NY.png

Black_Shelby_GT_Shodowed_NY.png

White_Shelby_GT_Shodowed_NY.png

Blue_Shelby_GT_Shodowed_NY.png

Orange_Shelby_GTC_Shodowed_NY.png

This is the most upbeat topic on the forum. No complaining, no griping, just plain old, "let's drive the car and have fun" talk. The more you drive it the more you can dismiss minor issues, exactly the way Shelbys were in the 1960's. Drive 'em, show 'em, but DON'T just garage 'em !! :shift:

I keep playing the lottery...I gotta get the sgt/sr package.....

poverty sux...

but....I love this car so much...ya just don't know...

:)

I too was looking at a 2009 GT 500 for the power. But when i think about the GT that I have and how fun it is to drive, I stopped looking.. Yes it needs a little more power, but to me the handling is what I like most about it. One thing about this car when I go to a cruise night in my area it is the only one that show's up.

Archived