TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Regional Area names?

You can thank me. The names come from the US government official regions.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/reps/maps/us_census.html

Under the old setup California and Texas were in the same area and some folks wanted to be in separate areas. Sorry you don't like it.

Just a tad confusing to me, doesnt matter how its broken down.

I think Cal and TX are big enough to have their own regions. :headscratch:

Here's what I'd like to see:

California

Texas

Pacific NW - WA, OR, ID, AK

SouthWest - AZ, NV, NM, UT, HI

Big Sky - MT, WY, CO

Plains - ND, SD, IA, MO, NB, KS, OK

Great Lakes - IL, MI, WI, OH, IN, MN

SouthEast - AL, AK, GA, LS, MS, SC, FL, NC, VA, WV, KT, TN

NorthEast - ME, NH, NY, VT, MA, RI, CT, PA, NJ, DE, MD, DC

CANADA

E.U.

These titles might also be a little more conducive for real live sanctioned regional groups, if that ever happens.

Just my .02 :)

Ken

You can thank me. The names come from the US government official regions.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/reps/maps/us_census.html

Under the old setup California and Texas were in the same area and some folks wanted to be in separate areas. Sorry you don't like it.

Bad choice of references I'd say... how often does the Govt get something right? :hysterical:

I think Cal and TX are big enough to have their own regions. :headscratch:

Here's what I'd like to see:

California

Texas

Pacific NW - WA, OR, ID, AK

SouthWest - AZ, NV, NM, UT, HI

Big Sky - MT, WY, CO

Plains - ND, SD, IA, MO, NB, KS, OK

Great Lakes - IL, MI, WI, OH, IN, MN

SouthEast - AL, AK, GA, LS, MS, SC, FL, NC, VA, WV, KT, TN

NorthEast - ME, NH, NY, VT, MA, RI, CT, PA, NJ, DE, MD, DC

CANADA

E.U.

These titles might also be a little more conducive for real live sanctioned regional groups, if that ever happens.

Just my .02 :)

Ken

Ken,

I looked at this for a while and there are so many different ways this could have been done. I at first recommended using the SCCA divisions. The problem with that is that many states are in multiple divisions so it would be hard for the site owners to clearly define who would belong where. However this may be a good route to go if there are ever regional Team Shelby clubs.

I looked at division of the US that had groups of states with roughly the same population size, approximately 8 divisions with 33 to 44 million in each, but they were so spread out. The West region had AK, HI, WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, UT, CO, NV, AZ, NM. It was so big as to be practically useless.

Every option I looked at had a weakness, so I decided to go with a officially recognized division of the US. I agree that the W N Central, W S Central, E S Central, and E N Central aren't intuitively obvious, but if you click on the Team Shelby regional page it tells you which states are in which region

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showforum=91

Maybe you could add an additional descriptor to the names to make it more intuitive such as:

East North Central/Great Lakes

East South Central/Mid South & Deep South

West North Central/Mid West

West South Central/??? Red RiverStates? I couldn't find an intuitive name for this area

Or maybe you just leave it as is let people get used to it.

Ken,

I looked at this for a while and there are so many different ways this could have been done. I at first recommended using the SCCA divisions. The problem with that is that many states are in multiple divisions so it would be hard for the site owners to clearly define who would belong where. However this may be a good route to go if there are ever regional Team Shelby clubs.

I looked at division of the US that had groups of states with roughly the same population size, approximately 8 divisions with 33 to 44 million in each, but they were so spread out. The West region had AK, HI, WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, UT, CO, NV, AZ, NM. It was so big as to be practically useless.

Every option I looked at had a weakness, so I decided to go with a officially recognized division of the US. I agree that the W N Central, W S Central, E S Central, and E N Central aren't intuitively obvious, but if you click on the Team Shelby regional page it tells you which states are in which region

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showforum=91

Maybe you could add an additional descriptor to the names to make it more intuitive such as:

West South Central/??? Red RiverStates? I couldn't find an intuitive name for this area

Or maybe you just leave it as is let people get used to it.

I would prefer it be tweaked. I have said before, no matter who draws up the map, someone will think its bad. I would suggest less zones with the understanding that states would be a sub-zone. I dont believe any one state needs to be a region although I undestand some sates such as Texas will have more activities than say, South Dakota. Most imortantly though, no disrespect intended, if club organization is not open to member suggestion, there will no members in a short amont of time. There are those that need to remember, we are customers, not employees

That's a good idea. Adding an additional tag makes sense. Although just using the more intuitive tags alone makes even more sense.

I just hope that the real live regional clubs become a reality sooner rather than later and it would be convenient to have the regional lines and titles already drawn up.

But I couldn't imagine sporting a club T-shirt that says "Team Shelby East South Central Regional Club Member"! :hysterical:

Ken

Archived