TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just for the Heck of it

I've been wanting to see what the cars look like next to each other so while cruising southern Indiana today I came across a new Camaro RS in the parking lot. I pulled up next to it an snapped a few pix using my phone pardon the crappy quality. I've never posted using bucket before so if this doesn't work kindly spare me of the flaming and I'll try again.

07-18-09_1405.jpg

07-18-09_1404.jpg

07-18-09_1402.jpg

I've been wanting to see what the cars look like next to each other so while cruising southern Indiana today I came across a new Camaro RS in the parking lot. I pulled up next to it an snapped a few pix using my phone pardon the crappy quality. I've never posted using bucket before so if this doesn't work kindly spare me of the flaming and I'll try again.

07-18-09_1405.jpg

07-18-09_1404.jpg

07-18-09_1402.jpg

No comparo.....yours is a knock out, am not saying that because i have gt500 but i have sen Camaro's in person and the dimensions in gt500 are just perfect.

I like the new Camaro.

I think the rear is LIGHT YEARS better than the 2010 GT500 and Mustang.

Although, the windows are TINY in that thing... I sat in one and it wouldn't be much fun having to drive it I don't think.

The dash is way high with the speedo and tach kind of sticking up in your face, so you sort of have to look above them through the sort of narrow windshield.

I'm 6'1" so I'd imagine it would be a real PITA for someone who is short.

All that said I wouldn't trade my GT500 for TWO Camaros :)

But I also wouldn't trade it for a 2010 GT500 either ;)

I lost out to a Camaro at a car show over the weekend. They had 4 places in my class.

4. 08 black Challenger SRT

3. 08 vapor Shelby GT500

2. 09 light blue Challenger RT (it was just bought about a week ago)

1. 10 Camaro RS

The Camaro looked like it came from dealer and it was washed a few times then went to the show. The tires were not detailed, the rims were dirty and nothing was done to the engine compartment. The engine compartment didn't even have any shine on all the plastic (and there is a bunch of plastic on it). I didn't get why it took first place plus it was a V6 but oh well. The money all goes to charity anyway.

I rate the new muscle cars in this order.

1. Challenger

2. Mustang (GT, 500 or KR)

3. Camaro

While the new camaro is not butt ugly, it isn't that good looking. Front end is ugly, the rear end is too short and not good looking. Interior is ok.

However, I do like the 69 camaro body style better then my GT 500's...and I think the GT 500 looks very good.

Oops..that is risky!

I can't remember the last time I used my horn as a warning device. If I had time to lay on the horn, then that means I had plenty of time to take evasive action.

Back on topic, even though i'm not a GM fan, i'm liking the Camaro and i'm glad it's around to be a competitor. Of course it doesn't hold a candle to the GT-500 but, that's not the point.

However, I do like the 69 camaro body style better then my GT 500's...and I think the GT 500 looks very good.

IF GM made a modern version to look like the '69 Z28, hands down, it would have been in my garage........GM should have done that but they're idiots so not surprised.

I lost out to a Camaro at a car show over the weekend. They had 4 places in my class.

4. 08 black Challenger SRT

3. 08 vapor Shelby GT500

2. 09 light blue Challenger RT (it was just bought about a week ago)

1. 10 Camaro RS

The Camaro looked like it came from dealer and it was washed a few times then went to the show. The tires were not detailed, the rims were dirty and nothing was done to the engine compartment. The engine compartment didn't even have any shine on all the plastic (and there is a bunch of plastic on it). I didn't get why it took first place plus it was a V6 but oh well. The money all goes to charity anyway.

Looks like it goes in order of year. They definately got it wrong. A 2010 GT500 would have probably won.

Archived