TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Members Weekend '09 - Proceeds to benefit the "Carroll Shelby Foundation"

Shelby CS8

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to attend both days Jason, sign up is a bit mysterious, Ideally I'd click a link, fill out a form and click paypal a few times and be done with it. But I'll send the email to the addy you listed, wait for your response then send a paymant however you want it... Car is not yeat ready, hit a snag with the new transmission but I'll run the old one (and it's GAWD AWEFUL clutch) if I have to :censored:

Alan

I'd like to attend both days Jason, sign up is a bit mysterious, Ideally I'd click a link, fill out a form and click paypal a few times and be done with it. But I'll send the email to the addy you listed, wait for your response then send a paymant however you want it... Car is not yeat ready, hit a snag with the new transmission but I'll run the old one (and it's GAWD AWEFUL clutch) if I have to :censored:

Alan

Alan,

I agree our registration process is a little different. However to since we are doing this on behalf of the Carroll Shelby Foundation with Team Shelby we want to give assurance that every dollar generated gets donated to the foundation. There are people out there that dont forward every dollar they should. In addition, if we were to set up a paypal setup, it would cost money and we are operating on a cost free fund raiser. Therefore we had organized all the checks be endorsed directly to the foundation eliminating any possible speculation. We like easy and clean. I hope this explains the way we have set this up and you understand why we did it this way.

In the meantime, i have already sent you the entry form to your email. It will give you the directions on how to set up the track.

Glad to have you on board with us, this year will be a BLAST!

Hmmm, August 15-16, California...what else is going on that weekend? Oh wait, how about PEBBLE BEACH and LAGUNA SECA? There are 52 weeks in a year and you choose the same weekend as the biggest car event on the west coast?

I tip my hat to you, sir.

Hmmm, August 15-16, California...what else is going on that weekend? Oh wait, how about PEBBLE BEACH and LAGUNA SECA? There are 52 weeks in a year and you choose the same weekend as the biggest car event on the west coast?

S7MS,

LOL, im not sure what to take from your post or why you present such sarcasm especially since this is a charity event that we have donated countless hours too. For clarification, we had to align our dates with the track event that Speed Ventures host. Many of us wanted to run the Roval at California Speedway and we didnt have many days available. Most importantly since we are volunteering to host this event, this was the weekend most convenient for us. We have found that the people that would attend our event arent the Pebble Beach type participants anyways. And sir, as you know theres nearly a big car show every weekend in the summer time in California so that weekend was the least impactful to potential participants. So far we have been largely suceessful while other shows commence that weekend.

Enjoy the festivities up North.

What the heck is this about! :redcard:

Can I Still sign up?

Absolutely, we will take preregistration forms until 8-10-09. After that, you will have to pay the additional $10 for us having to work so hard on the day of the event...lol. Send an email to events@281m.com for an entry form.

Is registration still open for this event ?? I just found out about it a few minutes ago and am interested in attending.

Yes, send in your registration form and check today please! Send an email to events@281m.com for an entry form.

I too just read about this event. I sent an email to: events@281m.com for registration information. Hopefully they will answer soon. I will post whatever they send.

Specter, info in your email box!

Hey Guy's n Gals,

We need to get an accurate count of who is going to participate so gift bags, ect can be prepared for the event. We will have some great trophy's, awesome auction items, an amazing Hospitality Lounge at Crevier Classic Cars (www.crevierclassiccars.com) at our starting rally point. Weather you like car shows, cruising or gentlemen's racing, this weekend will encompass it all. This will be the event of the summer to attend!!! For an entry form, email events@281m.com.

For event coverage visit 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords website: http://blogs.mustang50magazine.com/6559326...tion/index.html

TSM09-Poster-050-1.jpg

Hey Guy's n Gals,

We need to get an accurate count of who is going to participate so gift bags, ect can be prepared for the event. We will have some great trophy's, awesome auction items, an amazing Hospitality Lounge at Crevier Classic Cars (www.crevierclassiccars.com) at our starting rally point. Weather you like car shows, cruising or gentlemen's racing, this weekend will encompass it all. This will be the event of the summer to attend!!! For an entry form, email events@281m.com.

For event coverage visit 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords website: http://blogs.mustang50magazine.com/6559326...tion/index.html

TSM09-Poster-050-1.jpg

Is it too late to enter? This is the first time we're hearing about the event!!! Please let me knwo ASAP. THX

Chris, we will accept Pre-registration in the mail up to Monday the 10th. After that, you can bring them by, or register the day off. Send a request to events@281m.com

I must say, YOU ROCK!!! :bowdown:

:happy feet: Thanks Jason! We just wish our car was done to join you! We are back east on a trip, but may make it back in time to watch you all have fun at the track. Bud (SAI) thinks that the car may be done around 1 Sept....thanks for organizing this and we will be in all the way next year!

:happy feet: Thanks Jason! We just wish our car was done to join you! We are back east on a trip, but may make it back in time to watch you all have fun at the track. Bud (SAI) thinks that the car may be done around 1 Sept....thanks for organizing this and we will be in all the way next year!

Check 6, rent a car bud! Dont miss out on the fun!!!! Come with your daily driver, who cares! I need your arsenol for the next !diot that starts a riot....lol.

What is the muster time at Crevier Classic Cars on Saturday? There is at least a 50% possiblity that I am blind and not seeing something in front of me and, if so, my apology up front.

Jim

Check 6, rent a car bud! Dont miss out on the fun!!!! Come with your daily driver, who cares! I need your arsenol for the next !diot that starts a riot....lol.

Last year my car was at SAI when this event happened and I rented a Vert and had a ball. Do it!

Jim

Last year my car was at SAI when this event happened and I rented a Vert and had a ball. Do it!

Jim

YES>>>>WE MADE A MISSTAKE! We forgot to put the start time on the entry form....SORRY! Its 9am on Saturday and 7am on Sunday. Chaulk 1 Mistake for Team 281...lol.

YES>>>>WE MADE A MISSTAKE! We forgot to put the start time on the entry form....SORRY! Its 9am on Saturday and 7am on Sunday. Chaulk 1 Mistake for Team 281...lol.

Shoot, I was hoping it was a Friday night sleep over. Thanks for the update.

Jim

Jim

We'd love to! But, we are back east on a trip....we hope to be back late Saturday, so maybe we will show up at the track on Sunday! :happy feet:

Re: This Venue...... The event was extraordinary, and by far one of the BEST events I have ever attended. Too include previously attended Corvette Club events.

Jason and Crew did an excellent job. The Registration Meeting at Crevier Classic Cars in Costa Mesa was awesome. What a place to meet, First Class all the way. Furthermore there was a free Continental Breakfast that was superb. Registration was simple and easy and the 281 Crew was most helpful.

The cruise on Angeles Crest Highway was great. If you have never been on this ride, it would behoove you to do so. As the scenery is really nice.

The ending spot was at Ritchie's Diner on Old Route 66. The silent auction was completed and the Car Show Awards were given out. This was a long event, but a GREAT event. I met new friends today and saw a lot of nice Shelby's.

If you have not attended this event, I would say you have missed something unique and would recommend attending next year.

Thanks again Jason for a wonderful event and day.

Don (Specter) Peterson

La Mirada, Ca.

Archived