TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Members Weekend '09 - Proceeds to benefit the "Carroll Shelby Foundation"

Shelby CS8

"Ol man wimpy"

Now that hurt! :hysterical:

You are right about the HP thing though!

Tom couldn't keep up with that V6 at the Shelby Bash! :hysterical:

Well its not like any of us expect Tom to be able to drive anyways! :happy feet: But unfortunatley, i doubt ill see either of you on the track. And Steve, no getting drunk at the Hotel after party like the Bash...ok? :tequila:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Ol man wimpy"

Now that hurt! :hysterical:

You are right about the HP thing though!

Tom couldn't keep up with that V6 at the Shelby Bash! :hysterical:

The only thing I know, is that I was on Gary Patterson's rear all day Saturday. That was a "E" Day. If Gary was drivig a SS/GT500/SGT or V6,

I did not see any light between his rear and my front.

Tom

All in fun!

You definately did well at the bash! :yup: Besides, Jasons the one with the power/driving hangup. Oh wait! He wasn't on the track, was he?? :rolleyes:

Hey my control arm bushings went bad or i would have been on the track, that i can assure you! On the way up there i didnt know what the clanking noise was so i wasnt going to take the chance of hurting my car or someone else dude! Are either of you going to run the track?

Hey my control arm bushings went bad or i would have been on the track, that i can assure you! On the way up there i didnt know what the clanking noise was so i wasnt going to take the chance of hurting my car or someone else dude! Are either of you going to run the track?

So Jason, is it going to be just the two of us on the track. The more Team Shelby the better.

If you are talking about the Vegas Bash. Yes. Reserved and Paid. Friday and Saturday are the "E" Days in my book. Might even have another photo with Carroll Shelby.

If you are talking about the event August 15-16, 2009. Have to wait until my stang is back in my garage before I sign up for any event.

Jason are you going to the John Force Car Show this Saturday July 25, 2009 and the Sunday SBMO Car Show in Torrance?

Tom

If you are talking about the Vegas Bash. Yes. Reserved and Paid. Friday and Saturday are the "E" Days in my book. Might even have another photo with Carroll Shelby.

If you are talking about the event August 15-16, 2009. Have to wait until my stang is back in my garage before I sign up for any event.

Jason are you going to the John Force Car Show this Saturday July 25, 2009 and the Sunday SBMO Car Show in Torrance?

Tom

Tom, you should still go. I told you i would get a co-pilot seat! I wont be at the John Force show, i have family obligations. But I will be at the show on sunday.

So Jason, is it going to be just the two of us on the track. The more Team Shelby the better.

Don Voyer just signed up I believe. We have lots of entries for Saturdays events, but only 3 for the track day. I dont know what gives, hey more track time for us. I have a photographer going with a 3' lens that was $8k to shoot us on the Nascar oval. His camera is a 25 mega pixel SLR i believe. The images should be priceless!

If we dont get 10 participants we lose our pit garages.

Don Voyer just signed up I believe. We have lots of entries for Saturdays events, but only 3 for the track day. I dont know what gives, hey more track time for us. I have a photographer going with a 3' lens that was $8k to shoot us on the Nascar oval. His camera is a 25 mega pixel SLR i believe. The images should be priceless!

The tow hook thing is a problem for me. Otherwise....

I sent in my application and my $$ today. There was no place on the form for the shirt size, however.

Jim

Clark, thats because we just got a t-shirt sponsor and the entry forms were made prior. Just write your shirt size on the form. The shirts will be first come first serve anyways.

The tow hook thing is a problem for me. Otherwise....

It frusterates me when people put bad information out there!!!!!!!!!! There is NO TOW HOOK REQUIREMENT!!! The rules say "Tow hook installed or tow point established" I will show you were to tow from if you dont know. It's no big deal. They just dont want to mess around with finding a place on your car to tow from incase of failure.

Track Checklist

Note: Many of these things don't apply to a person in a street car, so don't worry about it if you don't have a neck brace, for instance.

Required

• Helmet! - a very bad (and easy) thing to forget

• Tech form - Important

• Car Numbers – required on both sides of the car and rear, a minimum of eight inches high (we will have racer’s tape available at the track for this purpose)

• Tow hook installed or tow point established

• Cotton or Nomex clothing ONLY. No leather or synthetics allowed.

Highly Recommended (not strictly required)

• Driving Suit or long sleeve cotton shirt and cotton pants (although we allow short sleeve shirts and shorts, it is highly discouraged and potentially harmful in the case of an accident)

• Fire Extinguisher

• Extra Brake pads

• Brake fluid

• Drinking Water (Speed Ventures provides water but just in case we run out…)

• Engine Oil - bring a quart or two, just in case

• Hat - for Sun

• Sunglasses

• Sun Screen

• Folding chair

Optional

• Duct tape

• Distilled Water - Radiator

• EZ-UP Canopy - Ideally there would be one for every 4 cars or so, because the sun can be brutal. Hopefully everyone who has one will bring one (and it makes you very popular too).

• Windex - You will kill many bugs on your way to the track.

• Brake Bleeder line

• Racing Neck Brace

• Racing shoes

• Camera

• Hose Clamps

• Jack

• Jack stands

• Jumper Cables

• Service manual

• Torque wrench

• Other tools (sockets, wrenches, pliers...)

• Grease

• Hand Soap

• Ice chest

• Map/directions/phone number of hotel

• Map/directions/phone number of track

• Paper Towels

• Rags

• Run Flat aerosol cans

• Tie Wraps

• Stopwatch

• Race tires

• Spare tire - you never know

• Tire pump

• Tire pressure gauge

• Tire pyrometer

• Flashlight

• Funnel for oil

• Gloves – disposable

Track Checklist

Note: Many of these things don't apply to a person in a street car, so don't worry about it if you don't have a neck brace, for instance.

Required

• Helmet! - a very bad (and easy) thing to forget

• Tech form - Important

• Car Numbers – required on both sides of the car and rear, a minimum of eight inches high (we will have racer's tape available at the track for this purpose)

• Tow hook installed or tow point established

• Cotton or Nomex clothing ONLY. No leather or synthetics allowed.

Highly Recommended (not strictly required)

• Driving Suit or long sleeve cotton shirt and cotton pants (although we allow short sleeve shirts and shorts, it is highly discouraged and potentially harmful in the case of an accident)

• Fire Extinguisher

• Extra Brake pads

• Brake fluid

• Drinking Water (Speed Ventures provides water but just in case we run out…)

• Engine Oil - bring a quart or two, just in case

• Hat - for Sun

• Sunglasses

• Sun Screen

• Folding chair

Optional

• Duct tape

• Distilled Water - Radiator

• EZ-UP Canopy - Ideally there would be one for every 4 cars or so, because the sun can be brutal. Hopefully everyone who has one will bring one (and it makes you very popular too).

• Windex - You will kill many bugs on your way to the track.

• Brake Bleeder line

• Racing Neck Brace

• Racing shoes

• Camera

• Hose Clamps

• Jack

• Jack stands

• Jumper Cables

• Service manual

• Torque wrench

• Other tools (sockets, wrenches, pliers...)

• Grease

• Hand Soap

• Ice chest

• Map/directions/phone number of hotel

• Map/directions/phone number of track

• Paper Towels

• Rags

• Run Flat aerosol cans

• Tie Wraps

• Stopwatch

• Race tires

• Spare tire - you never know

• Tire pump

• Tire pressure gauge

• Tire pyrometer

• Flashlight

• Funnel for oil

• Gloves – disposable

Damn, Looks like I need to rent a RV just to bring all this stuff to the track. lol

Tom

Damn, Looks like I need to rent a RV just to bring all this stuff to the track. lol

Tom

LOL, you can fit most everything you need in the trunk.....well, except for those sticky BFGoodrich cheater tires that Jason uses. :hysterical:

EDIT: meant trunk not truck

Clark, thats because we just got a t-shirt sponsor and the entry forms were made prior. Just write your shirt size on the form. The shirts will be first come first serve anyways.

:banghead: I forgot to write in the t-shirt size. Hey Jason, toss an XL in the bag for me if possible.

Last years track event was the best and this year we get the Roval happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif. The photographer is a great idea. Last year my daughter came and took pics of the day but this year she will be out of town.

I paid for the garage spot just encase we don't get the ten.

I just wanted to point out what an awesome group the Team Shelby members are!!! We received 13 checks in the mail today! With the amount of support you guy's are showing it looks like we are going to be able to make a large contribution to the Foundation!

GO TEAM SHELBY!!!!

I just wanted to point out what an awesome group the Team Shelby members are!!! We received 13 checks in the mail today! With the amount of support you guy's are showing it looks like we are going to be able to make a large contribution to the Foundation!

GO TEAM SHELBY!!!!

:happy feet: :happy feet:

Yet another break through!! This one is unbelieveable.....our event made National Media Television coverage!

I just got word from the largest TV network in LA, CBS Channel 2 and KCAL Channel 9 that they will be airing our event on the evening news and on their website! Click here to go to their site! http://cbs2.com/community let us know what you think! I want to thank Otto Peterson and Stephanie of CBS and KCAL for supporting our great cause!

Both….we will get it on the web this week and then on the air the week of the event.

Stephanie R.

Director of Public Affairs, CBS2 & KCAL9

4200 Radford Ave., Studio City, CA 91604

Yet another break through!! This one is unbelieveable.....our event made National Media Television coverage!

I just got word from the largest TV network in LA, CBS Channel 2 and KCAL Channel 9 that they will be airing our event on the evening news and on their website! Click here to go to their site! http://cbs2.com/community let us know what you think! I want to thank Otto Peterson and Stephanie of CBS and KCAL for supporting our great cause!

Both….we will get it on the web this week and then on the air the week of the event.

Stephanie R.

Director of Public Affairs, CBS2 & KCAL9

4200 Radford Ave., Studio City, CA 91604

Oh man, that is to cool. Great job Jason.

Hey Guy's,

We are falling short on entry's for this event. We had a huge initial rush of entries and now nothing. If anyone subscribes to other forums it would be much appreciated if you would post up on this event. Send me an email and i will email you the artwork.

Thanks for your help guys.

I'm actually registered with Speed Ventures directly. I ran on my own last time. I have a project at work that I won't be able to attend anything on Saturday, but will be there for sure on Sunday. Jason, I dunno if it will help you out at all, but maybe you can get SA to throw my registry into the TS bucket if that helps? It doesn't matter to me, i'm paid and in, just trying to offer help if you have a specific number to get to.... Let me know.

Thanks,

Archived