TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clear Bra

keb

I have read discussions about the pros and cons of getting a 3M clear bra. The dealership was going to set up installation...which was great until I heard the price.....get this..... $1000!!!! Obviously, I declined.

What are your opinions on the clear bra and what is a reasonable price. If I decide to do it, I'll probably have someone else do it, 1000 seriously cuts into any mod money.

keb

Way too much money... not necessary to apply the entire front end. I would only touch metal and pay $350 tops. Just my two cents...

I got a price of $500.00 for a custom 3M clear bra. This same place did one for my 2006 saleen, and did a great job. No yellowing or clouding, and it had a lifetime warranty. All custom, with just one cut on the bottom of the bumper. No one will do it for $350.00, not a chance. It is the best $500.00 I ever spent on my saleen, and will do it again on my shelby real soon.

I got a price of $500.00 for a custom 3M clear bra. This same place did one for my 2006 saleen, and did a great job. No yellowing or clouding, and it had a lifetime warranty. All custom, with just one cut on the bottom of the bumper. No one will do it for $350.00, not a chance. It is the best $500.00 I ever spent on my saleen, and will do it again on my shelby real soon.

Maybe your guy charges by the type of car and not time and materials. Materials are reasonable. I've had a Denali and an Enclave done with materials quoted at $50/each. I'll find out how much labor is to do a Mustang front.

In the end, DEFINITELY do the Clear Bra (or equivalent to better)!

I have a Venture Sheild on my GT500, fenders, and hood to back of air extractors, pillers and head rail around windsheild, and top of rear bumper (Ideal spot for marks moving stuff in and out of trunk), total job $1000, and i'd do it again on any new car.

My wifes Range Rover HSE had it as well.

Just remember, "good ain't cheap, and cheap ain't good", this obviously is a very visible part of the car, not done right, and you'll be regretting it. Pay the man! Like those people that put their own tint on....

We live in the country with many farm vehicles on the road, so even though we're on pavement, it is often like an off-road adventure

I have a Venture Sheild on my GT500, fenders, and hood to back of air extractors, pillers and head rail around windsheild, and top of rear bumper (Ideal spot for marks moving stuff in and out of trunk), total job $1000, and i'd do it again on any new car.

Just remember, "good ain't cheap, and cheap ain't good", this obviously is a very visible part of the car, not done right, and you'll be regretting it. Pay the man! Like those people that put their own tint on....

We live in the country with many farm vehicles on the road, so even though we're on pavement, it is often like an off-road adventure

I think the quotes are more about "real estate" than quality and cost. I do not do the rear bumpers, head rail area, etc... I could be wrong but I am only going on what my Enclave and Denali ran.

In the end, it is ok to shop around and its a bit more competitive with current market conditions.

Sorry, did not mean to get into a debate over clear bra; just comparing my experiences and the workmanship has been great on my vehicles.

I agree.

I too have the Ventureshield.

May seem like a lot of money but well worth it IMO-

We've been running the 3M on our ROUSH for 3.5 years (16k miles) cost me $1100 for custom cut on the coverage we wanted... It has saved us a bundle in time and money fixing any rock chips we would have had otherwise...

Soon as things slow down the SGT will be getting the similar 3M treatment..

I am getting the venture shield which is better than the 3m in two things: No yellowing, no orange peel. and yes it is worth the money, once you get those nasty stone chips like i had you will know what i mean.

I have not expieranced any yellowing or orange peel, possibly a thing of the past when the product was first introduced to the market..

P7120986.jpg

This thread has me thinking about this again...

I was going to do this, but one of the install guys I checked with did not recommend applying over stripes. He said that there is not way to cover the stripes and have it look right. After hearing this I decided against it. The guy that told me this worked for the Dealership.

Sounds like he was full of S* and/or didn't know what he was talking about.

I'm not hearing any complaints here.

It must apply over the stripes just fine? Right?

Thx.

This thread has me thinking about this again...

I was going to do this, but one of the install guys I checked with did not recommend applying over stripes. He said that there is not way to cover the stripes and have it look right. After hearing this I decided against it. The guy that told me this worked for the Dealership.

Sounds like he was full of S* and/or didn't know what he was talking about.

I'm not hearing any complaints here.

It must apply over the stripes just fine? Right?

Thx.

The 3M went right over the Roush stripes without issue, the installer didn't mention any problem on the SGT stripes when I took it to him for a quote...

is the line where the clear bra ends very visible? also, as for washing/waxing the car do you just act like the bra isn't there?

On my white vert, it is visible. On my red vert, it is not. Just wash and wax normally. Only care is with a claybar on the edge of the bra. It will get stuck and then you have to use some effort to get it off on the edges only.

Archived