TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

:D

Just been hangin out for a few days after registering just getting informed. I live in Central Arkansas (Go Mark Martin and Roush!) and have mostly been a GM fan but NO MORE! Ford started getting my business after the GM diesel truck disasters in the 80s. Thanks for the forum and great info!

I have been confirmed on 2 GT500s at different dealers with money down at 1 of them. I called so many dealers I feel I will get 1 and make someone down the list happy somewhere else. I am sure my phone will start ringing off the hook soon based on the number of lists I have been added to. The dealer who took the money has my order information which is GT500 Coupe, Grabber Orange, White Stripes, Interior Upgrade, and Shaker 1000 stereo. My wife has a new Legend Lime 2006 GT and loves it as I do. Can't wait for 200 more ponies.....

Looking forward to a long relationship with co owners of the Shelbys...

K.E.R.

(aka Subguns)

;)

I just wanted to stop for a moment and thank all the new members for posting up. You are all very welcome to jump in any thread or start your own thread if you have a question. We are all friends here and look forward to helping each other out.

Welcome to the best GT500 forum on the web.

Edited by NVWSSV

I finally made it to this thread.

My name is Steve and I know Evil95GT Michelle. I've been around the internet at a couple boards she's been at and figured I would mosey over to this one.

I'm going to be 42 this year, married 21 years as of this coming April 20th, and have 3 kids of which one is married and out.

Been into cars most my life. First car was a 1968 Dodge Charger I bought with money I made washing dishes at 18. Right now my project is a 1973 Australian Ford XB Falcon with an Aussie 351 Cleveland that I am building into a Mad Max Interceptor. My wife's car is a 1966 Mustang that I just finished building a 331 stroker for. We have websites for both vechicles in my sig.

I am also a Toolmaker and I made custom parts for her car as well as other's and ended up starting a business doing this. It is still just getting kicked off. Here's a couple pics of the parts on her car that I made. First the valve covers and sparkplug wire looms...

31614505391.jpg

I also designed and machined these speaker grills.

31614535439.jpg

Here's one of my products that will be going into production soon. It's for the 94-95 5.0L intake. THere will also be a 306 version.

31614572114.jpg

10316393350.jpg

Steve

I finally made it to this thread.

My name is Steve and I know Evil95GT Michelle. I've been around the internet at a couple boards she's been at and figured I would mosey over to this one.

I'm going to be 42 this year, married 21 years as of this coming April 20th, and have 3 kids of which one is married and out.

Been into cars most my life. First car was a 1968 Dodge Charger I bought with money I made washing dishes at 18. Right now my project is a 1973 Australian Ford XB Falcon with an Aussie 351 Cleveland that I am building into a Mad Max Interceptor. My wife's car is a 1966 Mustang that I just finished building a 331 stroker for. We have websites for both vechicles in my sig.

I am also a Toolmaker and I made custom parts for her car as well as other's and ended up starting a business doing this. It is still just getting kicked off. Here's a couple pics of the parts on her car that I made. First the valve covers and sparkplug wire looms...

Steve

Welcome Steve. Neat stuff you have there... have anything that would look good on a 68 Mustang's 289??

Joe

Not at the moment.

Right now I have polished machined billet ignition coil covers for the 4.6L 32V engine. There are two Mustang designs, a Mach1 to be available in another week or two, and then a fourth design which I am currently developing.

The 5.0L plates are going into production next and then the sparkplug wire looms will be machined after that. The wire looms will fit any smallblock head (289-351W). There will be several different designs machined into the surface of them available. There won't be any straight ball nosed grooves or flames. There is already way too much of that kind of stuff out there. All my designs are unlike anything on the market.

I will also be having a lot of other stuff down the road. Like I said, I am just kicking off the company. Click the link in my sig to see what we are all about if you'd like. Everything is American made, CAD designed by me, and CNC machined under my supervision. I've prototyped everything I have done personally but I do not have the capacity to do production. I have been fortunate to find a great machine shop with the same pride and "pickiness" I have to do the machining for me that is also only 6 minutes from my house. Also his commitment to his customers (such as me) is unparalleled.

Here's a couple pictures of my wife's engine that I took in the sun. Gotta do something with the distributor cap yet. Of course it isn't all done yet either.

8719530475.jpg

8719532719.jpg

8719523370.jpg

Steve

Thank you. It's great to see appreciation for the Mustangs in the Netherlands as well.

I once sent a few english sized socket caps screws there to a guy that needed a couple for a project he was working on and he would have only been able to buy english sized screws in box quantity there.

Being so far north how much time out of the year do you have where you can drive your Mustang?

Steve

We have salt here for winter too. I am 15 minutes west of Cleveland Ohio and there is a salt mine right under Lake Erie in Cleveland so salt is common for the winter, though they have gone to a saline solution on a lot of the roads to save on cost.

How common are Mustangs in Netherlands? I bet your car turns heads everywhere you go. My Australian XB Falcon gathers a crowd where ever I go especially since it is right hand drive.

Steve

Have a look on my website www.stangnet.nl

I am the President of the Dutch Mustang club. We have 1300 members. The Mustang is quite popular over here. Our clubs website is www.fordmustangclub.nl

When we were at the 100th Anniversary from Ford back in 2003 I saw some Aussie Mad Max replicas.

I'm relatively new, from Indiana. I've been a bit afraid to post since I've been a GM guy to this point. However, with the fate of the Camaro, and the onset of the GT500, I'm switching over. I still own a '69 Camaro with a DZ302 engine, but it's persnickety as are most old cars. I'm looking forward to a "modern" hi-perf car. I had a '67 Mustang with a 289 when I was 19, but it was nothing but trouble. :banghead:

I used to be an auto mechanic, specializing in brakes, front end, suspension, etc. This has been a fun forum to read, keep up the good spirits.

I have a Tungsten gray GT500 with Satin Silver stripes on order. Until it comes in, I have to mash the gas pedal on my Honda CR-V and wait 5 seconds for the horsepower to come on...then it lasts about 1 second...all the while I'm steering through torque steer. :shrug:

P.S. If there is anyone out there familiar with Los Angeles nightlife, let me know. I have a vacation planned there soon, and I'd like help selecting a hot spot!

Dave

I'm relatively new, from Indiana. I've been a bit afraid to post since I've been a GM guy to this point. However, with the fate of the Camaro, and the onset of the GT500, I'm switching over. I still own a '69 Camaro with a DZ302 engine, but it's persnickety as are most old cars. I'm looking forward to a "modern" hi-perf car. I had a '67 Mustang with a 289 when I was 19, but it was nothing but trouble. :banghead:

I used to be an auto mechanic, specializing in brakes, front end, suspension, etc. This has been a fun forum to read, keep up the good spirits.

I have a Tungsten gray GT500 with Satin Silver stripes on order. Until it comes in, I have to mash the gas pedal on my Honda CR-V and wait 5 seconds for the horsepower to come on...then it lasts about 1 second...all the while I'm steering through torque steer. :shrug:

P.S. If there is anyone out there familiar with Los Angeles nightlife, let me know. I have a vacation planned there soon, and I'd like help selecting a hot spot!

Dave

Welcome Terry. Don't feel afraid to post, just go for it. As for LA LA Land, I traveled a lot in my last job and I spent way to much time in LA. Usually I'd try to stay in Malibu or San Clemete just to stay out of the fray. However, I did go out a few times. Check the House of Blues in West Hollywood . It's a great, smaller venue right on Sunset Strip. In fact, it's cool to hang out on Sunset and watch cars. Stuff drove by me that I had absolutely no clue what it was. Sunset Strip is just a fun party street, that's where I'd head.

Welcome Terry. Don't feel afraid to post, just go for it. As for LA LA Land, I traveled a lot in my last job and I spent way to much time in LA. Usually I'd try to stay in Malibu or San Clemete just to stay out of the fray. However, I did go out a few times. Check the House of Blues in West Hollywood . It's a great, smaller venue right on Sunset Strip. In fact, it's cool to hang out on Sunset and watch cars. Stuff drove by me that I had absolutely no clue what it was. Sunset Strip is just a fun party street, that's where I'd head.

Thanks for the LA tip NVWSSV, we'll check it out!

Terry

HELLO EVERYONE just signed up this is a great site the info is great and members are sincere thank you Robert Lane and everyone for all your up to date info . I am a mustang nut like the rest of you I AM SUPPOSEDLY ON A LIST FOR A 2007 GT500 AT 5K OVER MSRP which at this point dont know becuase the dealership hasnt called me yet . talk to you guys / gals soon :D

Edited by STSVT

HI SHARON THE DEALER DIDNT REALLY GIVE ME A NUMBER SOUNDS STUPID ON MY PART AT THIS POINT BUT A HAVE DONE ALOT OF BUSINESS WITH THEM AND THE OWNER SAID HE WOULD GET ME ONE FOR 5K OVER STICKER I WASNT HAPPY ABOUT THAT SO I WILL TALK TO HIM SOON THEY ARE SOPPOSED TO GET ABOUT 3 TO 4 UNITS :D

Hi

I want to say that i have been reading all the post and I can say I am IMPRESSED. Thanks to all of you for the information.

I live in Kansas and have two boys one 17 and one 13, and they are already fighting over the GT500 should I get one. I realy kinda resent the fact they are wanting the car before I pass on. But I am going to live to be 101 they will have to wait. My wife is taking this all in stride but she has this way to ground me and tell me just because I have a DORA and a deposit in that I may not still get the car. Takes the wind away from my sails. I have made it a habit not to enter a fourm but here I am am I'M LOVING IT. In the past I have had several Mustangs and a Ford nut but my father-in -law was a GM he even had GM blood in him, his grave marker has the GM logo on it. In the last 20 or so years I have only had GM. Once I saw the GT500 I knew the FORD nut was back and with a vengence.

Mark

Edited by mcle

HI EVEYONE I'AM FROM TORONTO CANADA AND OLSO DYEING FOR GT500 #3 MY DEALER SAID HE IS MAILING MY ORDER GUIDE HE IS OUT OF TOWN SHOULD BE HERE THIS WEEK HOPEFULLY :banghead: ANYWAY BACK TO WORK GOOD LUCK TO ALL :D :happy feet: :D :happy feet:

Welcome aboard, faststang! It's always good to see the Canadian contigent grow. :rockon:

Hello all,

My name is Wayne (sometimes know as Devious) and I am an acceleration addict. I am 40 and have owned many mustangs in the past, and an 01 Lightning, but the only Ford muscle currently in the family is a 1970 Torino GT 429 SCJ thaqt was special ordered by my father in 1969. The 07 GT500 will go along side of it and be enjoyed regularly.

I have been racing boats for most of my life and am interested in seriously modifying the GT500 for a LOT of 1/4 mile track use.

post-3979-1145987120_thumb.jpg

post-3979-1145987120_thumb.jpg

Hello all,

My name is Wayne (sometimes know as Devious) and I am an acceleration addict. I am 40 and have owned many mustangs in the past, and an 01 Lightning, but the only Ford muscle currently in the family is a 1970 Torino GT 429 SCJ thaqt was special ordered by my father in 1969. The 07 GT500 will go along side of it and be enjoyed regularly.

I have been racing boats for most of my life and am interested in seriously modifying the GT500 for a LOT of 1/4 mile track use.

Welcome aboard their mate ...I think you will find this to be the best informative daily site on mustangs & the Shelby GT500 & now maybe the GT500KR?

HI SHARON THE DEALER DIDNT REALLY GIVE ME A NUMBER SOUNDS STUPID ON MY PART AT THIS POINT BUT A HAVE DONE ALOT OF BUSINESS WITH THEM AND THE OWNER SAID HE WOULD GET ME ONE FOR 5K OVER STICKER I WASNT HAPPY ABOUT THAT SO I WILL TALK TO HIM SOON THEY ARE SOPPOSED TO GET ABOUT 3 TO 4 UNITS :D

Good, you'll have to keep us informed, how your progress goes. 5k sounds really good compared to what i've heard some are charging 10-20 over.

Hi

I want to say that i have been reading all the post and I can say I am IMPRESSED. Thanks to all of you for the information.

I live in Kansas and have two boys one 17 and one 13, and they are already fighting over the GT500 should I get one. I realy kinda resent the fact they are wanting the car before I pass on. But I am going to live to be 101 they will have to wait. My wife is taking this all in stride but she has this way to ground me and tell me just because I have a DORA and a deposit in that I may not still get the car. Takes the wind away from my sails. I have made it a habit not to enter a fourm but here I am am I'M LOVING IT. In the past I have had several Mustangs and a Ford nut but my father-in -law was a GM he even had GM blood in him, his grave marker has the GM logo on it. In the last 20 or so years I have only had GM. Once I saw the GT500 I knew the FORD nut was back and with a vengence.

Mark

Welcome to the site it can be very addictive. So much information always coming. Thats to funny that your boys are already fighting over your car. Tell them that it is going to charity. :hysterical:

GOOD AFTERNOON BOYS .

I HAVE BEEN READING WHAT ALL OF HAVE BEEN WRITING . I PUT MY DEPOSIT ON MY GT500 THE MONDAY AFTER LAST YEARS AUTO SHOW . I AM ALSO FROM LONG ISLAND , NOT GETTING MUCH INFO FROM MY DEALER. THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO YOU HAVE GIVEN . I ALSO AM HAVING A HARD TIME WAITING .,

A LITTLE HIST. MY FIRST STANG WAS A 71 COUPE , THAN A NEW 89 GT , AND SOLD A 69 MACH 1 428CJ

CAR LAST YEAR . I WOULD LIKE ORANGE W/ BLACK STRIPES , NOT SURE WHAT I WILL GET .

TKS AGAIN KEEP THE INFO COMMING