TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

Another new one to the forum. I'm a 50 year old female, grew up on a dairy farm in Mississippi. My dad always had Fords. Brother has a 69 Torino Cobra that he used to drag race. I've always been a fan of Shelby cars; when I found out about this GT500, I pitched a fit until my husband went to the dealship. They've told him we're #2 on a list, but they don't even know if they're getting one, much less two. I'm concerned because according to this form, alot of you have already ordered your cars, while our dealership seems to know nothing more than the fact that they have 2 people wanting this car. Oh Yeah, they did tell my husband that IF they get any, it may be next year. What does all this mean? I haven't even picked out a color yet!

Another new one to the forum. I'm a 50 year old female, grew up on a dairy farm in Mississippi. My dad always had Fords. Brother has a 69 Torino Cobra that he used to drag race. I've always been a fan of Shelby cars; when I found out about this GT500, I pitched a fit until my husband went to the dealship. They've told him we're #2 on a list, but they don't even know if they're getting one, much less two. I'm concerned because according to this form, alot of you have already ordered your cars, while our dealership seems to know nothing more than the fact that they have 2 people wanting this car. Oh Yeah, they did tell my husband that IF they get any, it may be next year. What does all this mean? I haven't even picked out a color yet!

Welcome aboard, TCOBRA.

Firstly, Ford has announced that every dealer, SVT or not, can get at least one Shelby if they want it. Non-SVT dealers will have to get certified before they can get one. The certification costs about $1,500, and at least one of the sales reps will have to take an online test. If your dealer is not an SVT dealer, they will have to get this certification. If the dealer is small, it is unlikely they will get more than one. After the initial allocation, any remaining Shelbys will be allocated on a "share of nation" basis, i.e. dealers with more sales will get more Shelbys. Order banks opened on March 13th, so all the Shelby info is in the Conceps system. You may have to educate your dealer a bit. Order guiides are available in the downloads section of this site.

Good Luck!

Welcome aboard, TCOBRA.

Firstly, Ford has announced that every dealer, SVT or not, can get at least one Shelby if they want it. Non-SVT dealers will have to get certified before they can get one. The certification costs about $1,500, and at least one of the sales reps will have to take an online test. If your dealer is not an SVT dealer, they will have to get this certification. If the dealer is small, it is unlikely they will get more than one. After the initial allocation, any remaining Shelbys will be allocated on a "share of nation" basis, i.e. dealers with more sales will get more Shelbys. Order banks opened on March 13th, so all the Shelby info is in the Conceps system. You may have to educate your dealer a bit. Order guiides are available in the downloads section of this site.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the info. My dealer is not SVT, but they are not a small dealership. My husband is friends with the "head honcho," just under the owner, so I'm wondering why he doesn't seem to know much. Should I call him, and if so, what should I say? Don't want to be pushy, but I want this car! I have always been one to put others first, pushing my wants aside-but this car has me turned upside down! Know the feeling?

Thanks for the info. My dealer is not SVT, but they are not a small dealership. My husband is friends with the "head honcho," just under the owner, so I'm wondering why he doesn't seem to know much. Should I call him, and if so, what should I say? Don't want to be pushy, but I want this car! I have always been one to put others first, pushing my wants aside-but this car has me turned upside down! Know the feeling?

I feel your pain. I went through some horrible experiences before I finally got mine.

Since your husband is friends with the head honcho, I think you should drop by....at least to have a friendly discussion about it - take in the Order Guide from this site and mention the certificaiton requirements. Since Ford has not officially announced allocations and pricing, many dealers are very hesitant to admit or commit to anything, so i can't promise any results, especially since you are #2 on the list rather than #1. Have you tried offering to put down a deposit? That will prove you are truly interested, and it might get them talking. Also, make sure you get EVERYTHING in writing..they are there to serve you, and if they are being honest with you, they won't hesitate. If they start playing games, go elsewhere. Honest dealers are out there.

If you REALLY want this car, you may want to try shopping around to see if you can get a #1 spot somewhere. You'll have a much better chance of getting a car. That's what I did. I went to www.fordvehicles.com and looked up every dealer in the state and emailed all of them. I ended up getting the #1 spot at a small town dealership way out in the sticks. I had to drive 3 hours to the dealership, but it was worth it.

I feel your pain. I went through some horrible experiences before I finally got mine.

Since your husband is friends with the head honcho, I think you should drop by....at least to have a friendly discussion about it - take in the Order Guide from this site and mention the certificaiton requirements. Since Ford has not officially announced allocations and pricing, many dealers are very hesitant to admit or commit to anything, so i can't promise any results, especially since you are #2 on the list rather than #1. Have you tried offering to put down a deposit? That will prove you are truly interested, and it might get them talking. Also, make sure you get EVERYTHING in writing..they are there to serve you, and if they are being honest with you, they won't hesitate. If they start playing games, go elsewhere. Honest dealers are out there.

If you REALLY want this car, you may want to try shopping around to see if you can get a #1 spot somewhere. You'll have a much better chance of getting a car. That's what I did. I went to www.fordvehicles.com and looked up every dealer in the state and emailed all of them. I ended up getting the #1 spot at a small town dealership way out in the sticks. I had to drive 3 hours to the dealership, but it was worth it.

This guy told my husband he didn't have to put down a deposit since he's known him for so long. I will take your advice about looking up dealers in the state and emailing them. We should have lots of dealers way out in the sticks! I tried to locate and download the order guide, not working for me. Guess it's cause I'm an old country gal and not clicking on the correct things, haha.

Hi all, Im a Mustang nut(along with my wife).I have had quite a few stangs since abandoning GM.

so far :

white '00 v6

mineral grey '01 GT

silver '01 GT

DSG '03 mach 1

black '05 GT

sonic blue '05 GT

red '06 roush stage 2(current car ,till my shelby comes in )

I love the roush handling .

nice to be hear,a lot of good info. :rockon:

Heads up from Marion NC. Not a mustang owner but stumbled upon four shelby GT500's yesterday at lunch. One was an awsome looking orange with black strips parked at a subway restuarant. I was accross the parking lot and really did not know what i was looking at. When I went to leave a new mustang pulled out in front of me and three more pulled out behind me. While at the stop light i noticed the shelby nameplate, mich manufacturees tag and a laptop on the dash of the mustang in front of me and the huge grill on the car behind me and relized what i was looking at the new shelby's and I didn't have a camera ( sorry guys). Anyway I drove with the four shelby's up 221 N and they looked great. I imagine they were headed to the Blue Ridge Parkway if anyone want to go on a wild mustang chase.

PS how do you get a job testing high perf. sports cars?

PS how do you get a job testing high perf. sports cars?

It's not what you know, it's who you know.

I went to Engineering School with a couple of guys who ended up working for Jack Roush. I've seen one of them on that show Roush Racing: Driver X. Not bad work, either, although they said Mr. Roush can be difficult to work for sometimes.

Hello Everyone!

Just signed up and wanted to say hello.

I've been a Shelby fan for as long as I can remember, the thought of owning one is almost to much handle. I can't wait for production to get started.

I leave in the Dallas area and look forward to getting to know everyone on the forum.

Hi everyone, I just joined a few minutes ago and like everyone else here I cant wait to get this Shelby. The worst part is reading all the posts from folks being jerked around by dealers. I just hope (pray) my dealer follows through as promissed at MSRP.

Also, does anyone know if there are pictures online of the GT500 in Vista Blue with Tungsten stripes? I would love to see the Tungsten as compared to the white stripes as I cant decide. :shrug:

Thanks. :D

Welcome guys. Gonzo, there were some pics of a blue one with silverish/tungstunish stripes floating around a month or so ago . If you dig through some of the older treads, you'll find them. I'll do a quick search for you as well.

EDIT: Here you go - http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...p?showtopic=348

Edited by NVWSSV

Hi everyone!

I just signed up for the form because this is a great place for good information.

The wife and I both are excited about the next step in owning our new Shelby 500.

We are 4th on the list at a good sized dealership at MSRP.

We have a 66 427 Cobra Kit Car and 97 Mustang Jack Roush Stage 2 My son drives a 95 Mustang

Cobra which we race.

Nice to know alot of Mustang Lovers

Well,

Been cruising for a while on this site. Lots of great info and a pretty chill atmosphere. I want to thank everyone who has been gleaning the info and dropping it to us junkies. I will most definately be picking one up when my mach is paid off. Although I don't know yet if I will be able to keep both. Anywho I hail from orlando where I run a local club and am a moderator on mach1registry. I hope I can keep both but such is life. Thanks again for giving me a great place for info.

Roger

Well,

Been cruising for a while on this site. Lots of great info and a pretty chill atmosphere. I want to thank everyone who has been gleaning the info and dropping it to us junkies. I will most definately be picking one up when my mach is paid off. Although I don't know yet if I will be able to keep both. Anywho I hail from orlando where I run a local club and am a moderator on mach1registry. I hope I can keep both but such is life. Thanks again for giving me a great place for info.

Roger

Hi, Roger. I am from Winter Park - what club are you with?

Hi, I'm new here as well...I guess I'm joining a lot of other frustrated folks here. I've got $1000 laying around at a couple of dealers...will see what crops up!

Have a 2001 GT now, replaced a 67 coupe 289/top-loader that a pickup T-boned me in.

Hey, my first Mustang was a 76 Cobra II. Anybody remember those things?

Fastest car was a 70 Torino GT that I plucked the 351C out and put a 460 in. :rockon:

Ex-wife had me sell it.

I hate that wench!

Good luck to all the anxious folks...the wait is killing me!!

Hey Robert,

I founded and am president of Perfection Performance mustang club. I have probably met you at one of the events or somewhere cause the name sounds real familiar. If not :do what: but if your around town we have lots of events. Theres a cruise in at cassellberry commons this weekend with mid-florida mustang club if your game. I don't know if I can make it yet because my wife is supposed to be driving back from out of town sat but we will see.

Roger

Greetings to all. I have been lurking on this site (and a few other related sites) for the past year or so. I've always enjoyed cars but never had the time or inclination to be a real enthusiast . . . until the GT500 was introduced at the NYC auto show last year. I immediately put my name on a "list" at a local SVT dealer and now have an alloy coupe on order. In July of last year, I saw the writing on the wall and demanded something in writing from the dealer. I negotiated $3k over MSRP and gave a substantial deposit to hold my #2 place on the list. I've never paid over MSRP for a vehicle before but I'll make an exception for this car and $3k is tolerable. I congratulate those who were able to lock in MSRP deals because it took either a lot of hard work or a lot of luck.

For what it's worth, I feel that many individuals on this site are not being fair to the dealers who are looking to make a buck on the one or two Shelbys they expect to receive in 2007. These are market forces at work and the foundation upon which our economy rests. As long as a dealer is honest, he or she is free to ask any price they choose. They may alienate some good customers in the process and it goes without saying that any bad faith in their dealings will eventually catch up with them, but it is their choice. Universally expecting all dealers to stay at MSRP for a car like this would be like a Ford dealer expecting every consumer buying a Taurus to pay MSRP. Never happen. When I go to my dealer to buy a new F150, I'll expect to pay $3k under invoice.

In any event, I'm glad I finally took the time to register on the site. The information I obtained on this site has been and continues to be invaluable. Thank you all.

Hi Everybody, I'm glad to see there are so many rabid 2007 GT 500 fans out there like me. I too am eagerly waiting to see one A.S.A.P. I'm here in So. Cal (L.A.) and have yet to hear about any orders being taken without A.D.M. My local dealer will take my order with a $15K ADM. My response was " :censored: You! " I am #3 at another SVT dealer who told me they will auction their allottment of 7 units. I'm beginning to think there may be a "Bow Tie" in my future if things don't get straightened out soon. In the mean time, I'm thankful for all the great pictures and videos of these beauties in action. Kudo's to the Super Sleuths. If there's anyone here in So.Cal with some good dealer interaction, I'd love to hear about it. This is my first post so be gentle. I'll figure it out eventually. Thanks!!

Edited by Toms71

Hey Robert,

I founded and am president of Perfection Performance mustang club. I have probably met you at one of the events or somewhere cause the name sounds real familiar. If not :do what: but if your around town we have lots of events. Theres a cruise in at cassellberry commons this weekend with mid-florida mustang club if your game. I don't know if I can make it yet because my wife is supposed to be driving back from out of town sat but we will see.

Roger

I'm only down in Florida once a month. I will have to hook up with you all when I get down there.

:rockon: I have been watching this forum for a long time now. I have gotton so much information and way before my dealer. Its great to see the look on his face. He asks me where I get my info at and I wont tell him. Anyway just finally came on board to tell you what a great site you have here, and please keep it going after production of the GT500. Thanks again.