TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Los Angeles SAAC Car Show

randylasaac

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This will be the show's third year, and because the first two years did not sell out, LASAAC allowed Pantera's, Ford GT's, Tigers as well non-Shelby Mustangs too.

If this year's show is a sell out, and there are more Shelby's who are trying to get in, then non-Shelby cars may not be allowed to partisipate in order to accomidate all things Shelby.

The vetting process will occur when the entries have reached capisity.

Link to sign up form:

http://www.lasaac.org/~lasaac/files/u2/200...tion_mailer.pdf

Ha perfect Ennis! Same as last year, I called over (actually Dr Bob called for me this year to talk the VP of LASAAC) to ask if I could join in the fun with my SHELBY GLHS. So it wasn't a big shock to hear that 'management' said no thanks to my entry and reminded Dr Bob that LASAAC is a Shelby FORD club and not a SHELBY Ford club. Not that it pleases the 80's Shelby owners from this site but whatever it's your elitist club guys and if Carroll didn't request that we be added in after SAAC and SAI kissed and made up after their spat, well then shame on the Shelby Dodge folks and their ilk.

So does anyone else find it ironic that for $53. from any manner of Ford Festiva's or Pinto's can attend the show yet the Shelby Dodges are still excluded? Perfect guys, well played, best of luck to you as you scrape for entries to your blue oval only show...

Alan

Ha perfect Ennis! Same as last year, I called over (actually Dr Bob called for me this year to talk the VP of LASAAC) to ask if I could join in the fun with my SHELBY GLHS. So it wasn't a big shock to hear that 'management' said no thanks to my entry and reminded Dr Bob that LASAAC is a Shelby FORD club and not a SHELBY Ford club. Not that it pleases the 80's Shelby owners from this site but whatever it's your elitist club guys and if Carroll didn't request that we be added in after SAAC and SAI kissed and made up after their spat, well then shame on the Shelby Dodge folks and their ilk.

So does anyone else find it ironic that for $53. from any manner of Ford Festiva's or Pinto's can attend the show yet the Shelby Dodges are still excluded? Perfect guys, well played, best of luck to you as you scrape for entries to your blue oval only show...

Alan

Im late in learing about whats actually going on. But why arent all Shelby car's included? Im sure there must be a reason.

We're all staying at Son of GT's place :hysterical::hysterical: .

OK, now I have it - fly in, stay at E's and drive the SGT to the show. Cool!

Seriously, I am entered and am looking forwarded to seeing my Socal bros in September!

MM

Excellent, I'am in, party at Ennis house. :D

Ennis,

Are you really throwing a pre-party?? If not, i think you should..lol.

LA SAAC Rocks!

dashplaquew281finaldraft_3x3_.jpg

Ennis,

Room for another TS Member?

Tom

WOW!

What a bashing!!!! Do I know you???? Alan (StokedShelbyOwner) I am the President of the "elitist" car club. Acutally we have NEVER been called that. We have been called laid back, grassroots, car guys, fun group, great club members, etc.

We have maintained a Ford car show for about 18 years. The last two years we had a Shelby GLHS owner show up with a dilapidated Dodge Shelby. Certainly not in the condition that would be considered respectable for any type of organized car show.

After I spoke to my long time friend and prior LASAAC VP Bob Shaw I discovered that he was NOT asking me about the owner of the dilapidated Shelby that requested a spot in our car show but someone that respected the marque.

That is where the diference lies, car owner attitude and car condition can always have an influence in attendance.

So Alan, I would like to invite you as a guest at our car show and offer you a free spot. If you still want to attend please send your application to Chris Bollinger and we will add you to our entry list.

All Shelby vehicles and Ford powered vehicles are welcome to enter.

Randy

President LASAAC

Just for the record and to avoid any confusion, I am NOT having a pre-event party! :hysterical:

WOW!

What a bashing!!!! Do I know you???? Alan (StokedShelbyOwner) I am the President of the "elitist" car club. Acutally we have NEVER been called that. We have been called laid back, grassroots, car guys, fun group, great club members, etc.

We have maintained a Ford car show for about 18 years. The last two years we had a Shelby GLHS owner show up with a dilapidated Dodge Shelby. Certainly not in the condition that would be considered respectable for any type of organized car show.

After I spoke to my long time friend and prior LASAAC VP Bob Shaw I discovered that he was NOT asking me about the owner of the dilapidated Shelby that requested a spot in our car show but someone that respected the marque.

That is where the diference lies, car owner attitude and car condition can always have an influence in attendance.

So Alan, I would like to invite you as a guest at our car show and offer you a free spot. If you still want to attend please send your application to Chris Bollinger and we will add you to our entry list.

Randy

President LASAAC

Randy, Gracious offer, thank you. I'll send my entry over at full faire though- if LASAAC is willing to build a bridge, I am willing to support an effort whereas *ALL* Shelbys can get together and celebrate the marque and the man who created it. This GLHS is unrestored but far from dilapidated as you will see. True, there are some rough examples of Shelby Dodges in existance still but I'd like to think that they are just surviving the crusher long enough to warrant a proper resto. It's painfull to think how many Shelby Mustangs were scrapped when OPEC ran our gas pumps (and lives, remember odd/even fuel days?) in the 70's. My uncle bought a Calypso Coral 70 Boss 429 in '76 for $1100. and his friends laughed at him for buying a 'gas guzzler' :rolleyes:

See you in September Randy, libations of your choosing on me :beerchug:

Alan

WOW!

Randy

President LASAAC

Nice gesture, Randy! I think you'll find Stoked's GLHS to be a quality representative of the marque and a crowd pleaser at the show. I was thinking of finally bringing Bob's(is he even allowed to attend, now that he's a Ferrari owner-:)) old Cobra to the show, but maybe now I'll bring the Terlingua GLHS. ;)

Just bring something!

This show is too much fun to miss. Besides, Little Bob said he was going to be there. I'm sure there is plenty of Ferrari parking in the public parking lot below the pier for him.

OK, Randy. sent my check for the show and club fees today.

Got room for another entry?

Send your entry fee and form in and see if it sticks. If it doesn't, it would only be because the event has reached capisity.

The last two years we had a Shelby GLHS owner show up with a dilapidated Dodge Shelby. Certainly not in the condition that would be considered respectable for any type of organized car show.

Pics anyone?

We are trying to figure out who this person is with the dilapidated GLHS thats going to a mostly Ford show but doesn't attend the Shelby Dodge gatherings.

Steve

post-10954-1252663256_thumb.jpg

I'm glad to see you two can play nice. Car train to Santa Monica early sat? Tom knows I'm always late : )

Mike

Leave Starbucks at 6:30am at:

Starbucks

Address: 7781 Edinger Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92647 Phone:(714) 890-9577

It's next to Barnes and Noble.

Mike, Jason and any other TS going to the LASAAC Car Show.

This would allow 1 hour travel and 1/2 hour BS.

Route:

405 N to 10 W- 37 miles

10 W to 4th/5th- 4 miles

Left on Colorado

Santa Monica Pier

Tom

Thanks to all who have pre-registered for our upcoming show. The show is now full and we won't be accepting any new registrations or day-of-show sign-ups.

Confirmations will be going in the mail today.

See ya next Saturday.

Chris

Thanks for the update Chris. I'm really looking forward to Saturdays event happy%20feet.gif.

Archived