TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT/SC ENGINE PLATE

SGT4431

I recently had a Whipple supercharger install at Tasca Racing Mod shop. A month later Shelby decides to come out with different packages for our cars. I notice that when you purchase a package you get a engine plate as well as a factory supercharger certificate. I got on the phone with Shelby and I was able to purchase the plate and certificate. (amazing I had to pay another $35.00 after spending over $10,000 on modifications) Now the question is, is there going to be a STANDARD location for the engine plate?

As Cobra Scotty stated the passenger side radiator support seems to be the popular spot. It does require relocation of the ground wire but not a big deal. There is a thread with the information and pictures in this section of the forum. Look back through the old pages.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, I put mine on the front driver's fender in the same spot of the 60's Shelby's. Here were the reasons:

1) Since I have the PIAA lights, SAI mounted the wiring on the passenger strut so I couldn't put it there.

2) I have the Tasca badge on the radiator support

3) I wanted more nostalgia added to the car

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got my car back from being supercharged. I received the plaque but i didn't receive the certificate. I understand i am suppose to receive a certificate,is that correct. I installed my plaque on the passenger side shock tower,facing toward the front of the car. This is very noticeable.

As Cobra Scotty stated the passenger side radiator support seems to be the popular spot. It does require relocation of the ground wire but not a big deal. There is a thread with the information and pictures in this section of the forum. Look back through the old pages.

I canot find the original thread....

• 1 month later...

THE RADIATOR SUPPORT OPPOSITE THE SGT BADGE IS THE OFFICIAL SPOT.

SCOTTY

I canot find the original thread....

me neither...... I picked mine up at Shelby in Feb when I was out for the race and I'm finally getting around to install it. The original thread had pics in it showing how they were done. I relocated the one ground wire, but the right side of the plaque will be under the rad cover. Is this how they are installed by SAI? I don't care as long as mine looks like the "offical", after all it's not a clone!

Any pic's would be appreciated.............

Thanx

Doug

I'm sure somebody will find the original thread, In the meantime, I don't think there was ever an official location designated. There may have been some consensus but from forum members but that was it. One big problem is with there being three different supercharger applications. For instance, as I posted in the lost thread, the radiator support doesn't work for Paxton installs. The power steering reservoir is mounted in on the radiator support. I went with the right front inner fender well.

IMG_2235.jpg

• 3 months later...

Stu - I had my S/C installation done in June of this year it came with the plate installed and they took care of getting me my certificate from Shelby showing that my car is now supercharged. One of the items you will need to get these items is the work order from Tasca showing the work performed. I hope this information is helpful and not redundant. - Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

post 16 in this thread has a link to the original thread that has all the information req'd. If the upgrade wasn't done by a Shelby authorized mod shop you can stop looking now though.

Good Luck!

Agree, i contacted Shelby in Vegas and faxed them my receipt from Quantum showing my GT/SC package installed by Quantum.I believe i paid 29.95 or somewhere close to that to receive the plaque which i installed on the passenger strut tower. I also received my certificate congratulating me on my GT/SC install. Good-Luck.

Agree, i contacted Shelby in Vegas and faxed them my receipt from Quantum showing my GT/SC package installed by Quantum.I believe i paid 29.95 or somewhere close to that to receive the plaque which i installed on the passenger strut tower. I also received my certificate congratulating me on my GT/SC install. Good-Luck.

thanks!

Archived