TEAM SHELBY FORUM

We Now Have A Total Gangster Government

I agree!

We should have allowed GM to go bankrupt and closed all the dealerships!

Done...next!

They went bankrupt! They are closing lots of dealerships!

So what good did the bailouts do them??? Now, not only did they end bankrupt anyway, but now they are owned by the government and the UAW! A lot of good that did!

They should have just filed BK to begin with and they could have retained full ownership without government involved!

At least then they had a better chance of recovering and surviving. Now they have more of a chance going out of business completely because this has ticked off so many people they refuse to buy another GM because of taking the bailouts and because of being owned by the government and UAW!

I guess as long as the government owns them then maybe they won't have anything to worry about since government loves to spend money on failed social programs at tax payers expense!

I agree!

Done...next!

How many billions did we give them to avoid this?????

I agree!

Done...next!

To clarify - we should have allowed GM (and Chrysler) to do whatever it led itself to do, through legal channels, and without government interference and bailouts. Instead, we've pissed away billions of dollars for no accountable reason...well, except the Unions are still happy!

edit - to add one more thing - how do all you Ford guys like knowing that you and your children will be paying taxes for the rest of your lives to subsidize the development, manufacture and sale of GM and Chrysler cars with absolutely no benefit? :hysterical:

To clarify - we should have allowed GM (and Chrysler) to do whatever it led itself to do, through legal channels, and without government interference and bailouts. Instead, we've pissed away billions of dollars for no accountable reason...well, except the Unions are still happy!

edit - to add one more thing - how do all you Ford guys like knowing that you and your children will be paying taxes for the rest of your lives to subsidize the development, manufacture and sale of GM and Chrysler cars with absolutely no benefit? :hysterical:

We will benefit. They will have to start building Yugos, and our cars are way more kick ass than them :hysterical:

We will benefit. They will have to start building Yugos, and our cars are way more kick ass than them :hysterical:

Dang ... you're right! I hadn't thought of it that way!! :happy feet:

I agree!

Done...next!

Oh Jeff. You know better than that. If we let GM declare bankruptcy, that wouldn’t have meant they had to close down the business.

They would get debt relief and a chance to reorganize the company and restructure their debt.

They would then be able to build cars that people actually want. And not the crappy cars that the SUV driving Dems want EVERYONE ELSE TO HAVE TO BUY.

That’s how the market system works

Oh Jeff. You know better than that. If we let GM declare bankruptcy, that wouldn’t have meant they had to close down the business.

They would get debt relief and a chance to reorganize the company and restructure their debt.

They would then be able to build cars that people actually want. And not the crappy cars that the SUV driving Dems want EVERYONE ELSE TO HAVE TO BUY.

That’s how the market system works

Let's see if I get this right. . . only democrats drive SUVs and they want everyone to buy a crappy car. . . hmmm most of my neighbors are republicans and several drive suvs. I'm a democrat and I don't want people to buy crappy cars , I want them to buy a Ford.

But then when has logic ever been part of one of these ridiculous political posts.

They went bankrupt! They are closing lots of dealerships!

So what good did the bailouts do them??? Now, not only did they end bankrupt anyway, but now they are owned by the government and the UAW! A lot of good that did!

They should have just filed BK to begin with and they could have retained full ownership without government involved!

At least then they had a better chance of recovering and surviving. Now they have more of a chance going out of business completely because this has ticked off so many people they refuse to buy another GM because of taking the bailouts and because of being owned by the government and UAW!

I guess as long as the government owns them then maybe they won't have anything to worry about since government loves to spend money on failed social programs at tax payers expense!

Yessir!

They wanted to take the easy way out, the "free money," if you will. Unbelievable - the day that Obama offered bailout money. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Archived