TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Texas Mile

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any SS's going to the Texas Mile in October? I will be out there in mine, just curious if there will be any others? Registration is not open yet, but here is the link http://www.texasmile.net/?menu=registration_info

I'm not Super Snaked (originally was going to), but our team is heading out there this year. Ordering the last of our parts next week.

I will try to make it. But we all have something else going on the week before ;) so I dont know that I can be gone from home that long.

Wouldn't mind taking a friends bike out there. Would like to break my top speed record of 171mph.

I will try to make it. But we all have something else going on the week before ;) so I dont know that I can be gone from home that long.

Wouldn't mind taking a friends bike out there. Would like to break my top speed record of 171mph.

Slow poke :poke:

The Vert goes faster than that :hysterical:

Any SS's going to the Texas Mile in October? I will be out there in mine, just curious if there will be any others? Registration is not open yet, but here is the link http://www.texasmile.net/?menu=registration_info

No SS but will be back at Texas Mile in Fall for sure.

A couple of hints ;

- Book a hotel in Beesville NOW, in March we where driving 100 a day round trip to hotel

- If you can schedule in for Friday you will get a lot more runs

- Sunday afternoon might be late & hot but the line will be short

- Dont leave registration to last minute, they cutoff at 160 entries

- Save some time to explore historic Goliad, it's the real deal Tejas.

Make sure you try Texas Mile at least once, its a great time & you'll probably get hooked!!!

Cheers, Fordie

post-21914-1247745629_thumb.jpg

post-21914-1247745629_thumb.jpg

No SS but will be back at Texas Mile in Fall for sure.

A couple of hints ;

- Book a hotel in Beesville NOW, in March we where driving 100 a day round trip to hotel

- If you can schedule in for Friday you will get a lot more runs

- Sunday afternoon might be late & hot but the line will be short

- Dont leave registration to last minute, they cutoff at 160 entries

- Save some time to explore historic Goliad, it's the real deal Tejas.

Make sure you try Texas Mile at least once, its a great time & you'll probably get hooked!!!

Cheers, Fordie

004.JPG

Already booked my team thanks to your advice.

Already booked my team thanks to your advice.

Cheers Rick, we are at Best Western on east side of Beesville, it is only 20min drive to track.

In March we ran 166 with a stock GT500 & tune, next event shooting for around 175mph :shift:

Fordie.

Cheers Rick, we are at Best Western on east side of Beesville, it is only 20min drive to track.

In March we ran 166 with a stock GT500 & tune, next event shooting for around 175mph :shift:

Fordie.

How do the classes work? My car is a race prepped car and will not be street legal. Will they let me just run it as fast as it'll go? My car should top out well over 200mph.

GR40RT

Whipple 2.9L

2.5" pulley putting out 25.5 lbs of boost

Borla Long tube headers

Cat Delete

SLP Loud Mouth Mufflers

8pt roll cage

My vert runs 174mph with the Evo Stage 2.

How do the classes work? My car is a race prepped car and will not be street legal. Will they let me just run it as fast as it'll go? My car should top out well over 200mph.

Yes. Just hammer down.

200mph is harder than you think in a mile. WHat hp numbers are you putting at the tire? How about gears and tire size? I am also shooting for the 200mph mark.

200mph is harder than you think in a mile. WHat hp numbers are you putting at the tire? How about gears and tire size? I am also shooting for the 200mph mark.

3:73's, 315/30/18 R6's, and I'll be pushing 1000hp with the whipple 2.9l 2.5" pulley, long tube headers with cat delete.

3:73's, 315/30/18 R6's, and I'll be pushing 1000hp with the whipple 2.9l 2.5" pulley, long tube headers with cat delete.

You are very similar to my set-up. I was also going with the 25.5" tire as to put 6th gear at top RPM at the traps. I am running the Kenne Bell with a 3" pulley, In West 10% OD crank pulley, along with a KB competition boost a pump, 75lb injectors, 3" exhaust (cat delete) and 1 3/4 headers. Are you running your 315's on the stock GT500 wheels?

You are very similar to my set-up. I was also going with the 25.5" tire as to put 6th gear at top RPM at the traps. I am running the Kenne Bell with a 3" pulley, In West 10% OD crank pulley, along with a KB competition boost a pump, 75lb injectors, 3" exhaust (cat delete) and 1 3/4 headers. Are you running your 315's on the stock GT500 wheels?

What tires types are you using/speed rating??

What wheel type and how do you know they are good for 200 mph??

I'm going to try the Maxton Mile this Fall and this info will help.

You guys should do 200 mph in a mile. You have some hp margin (my calculation suggests 900 hp might do it) and you are working the right gear ratios. Well done and good luck!!

What tires types are you using/speed rating??

What wheel type and how do you know they are good for 200 mph??

I'm going to try the Maxton Mile this Fall and this info will help.

You guys should do 200 mph in a mile. You have some hp margin (my calculation suggests 900 hp might do it) and you are working the right gear ratios. Well done and good luck!!

Hoosier A6. They are "Z" speed rated.

I am running the stock GT500 wheel.

Allot depends on the weather. I figure 850 to the tire and hope the wind is not in your face. The weight and lack of aerodynamics is the biggest problem with the Mustang doing 200 in that short of a distance. There were 3 or 4 that did it when I was out there in March, but we had a tail wind and it was a abnormally cold day. Those guys were all between 800 and 850hp at the tires from the info that I received.

Talked to Fred at Evo last night.

I'm going with the Borla long tube headers, KB 2.8H Competition kit they sell, 72# injectors, boost a pump, 10% OD Crank and a 2.75" pulley. Standard stuff the rest of the way around. Sounds like our setups will be almost identical. Fred told me I'm running the exact same setup that Dactyl is.

I'm going with the Borla long tube headers, KB 2.8H Competition kit they sell, 72# injectors, boost a pump, 10% OD Crank and a 2.75" pulley. Standard stuff the rest of the way around. Sounds like our setups will be almost identical. Fred told me I'm running the exact same setup that Dactyl is.

Fred don't know poop!

With the 10% overdrive and a 2.75 blower pulley you will be running ALLOT of boost! Should put you over 25psi. If the tune is right you should be able to put 850 to the ground with a about 23psi. Also the boost a pump is only rated for 850 crank HP. You might think about going with the "Competition" boost a pump. Its rated at 1000hp. You sure do not want to run low on fuel pressure with that much boost! I would do more than headers. I would opt for the full JBA 3" exhaust system. Not that big of a price difference and its headers to tips.

With the 10% overdrive and a 2.75 blower pulley you will be running ALLOT of boost! Should put you over 25psi. If the tune is right you should be able to put 850 to the ground with a about 23psi. Also the boost a pump is only rated for 850 crank HP. You might think about going with the "Competition" boost a pump. Its rated at 1000hp. You sure do not want to run low on fuel pressure with that much boost! I would do more than headers. I would opt for the full JBA 3" exhaust system. Not that big of a price difference and its headers to tips.

JBA headers don't fit with the GR40RT setup, which is why I'm going with the Borla XR-1 long tubes. I'll be running lower boost because of the long tubes and cat delete. We'll be doing some remote tuning of my car with Fred after it's all installed.

JBA headers don't fit with the GR40RT setup, which is why I'm going with the Borla XR-1 long tubes. I'll be running lower boost because of the long tubes and cat delete. We'll be doing some remote tuning of my car with Fred after it's all installed.

Hope to see you out there! If you get a chance stop by my trailer and I will buy you a beer.

• 4 weeks later...
what should a 700rwhp gt500 with stock gearing run(3.31 I think)? roughly...this may be something I want to do if I can get close to 200.

185mph I would guess. You will need 850hp to the tires and good weather to hit the 200mph mark in a GT500.

If you are running to hit the 200 mph mark at the Texas Mile can you run a stock SS or do you need additional safety equipment such as roll cage, harness or parachute?

Please come back with your results and tell us how the car handles at that speed.

Good Luck!

You can run a stock SS as long as you put in a fire extinguisher. A stock one will not get to 200mph. You would be about 275hp short. Stock you "might" get 180mph.

Entry is limited to 160 and there are 95 registered after just 5 days (71 cars/24 bikes), so dont wait if you plan on going!

Look forward to seeing you there Lee.

Cheers, Fordie

See you there Fordie! Have you done anything to your car since last year? You were mid 160's last year right? I remember watching you run. That car looked like you rolled it right off the showroom floor last year!

You can run a stock SS as long as you put in a fire extinguisher. A stock one will not get to 200mph. You would be about 275hp short. Stock you "might" get 180mph.

Sorry, I was referring to safety equipment. If you put the 2 1/2" pulley, C16 fuel and KB shoot out tune you have 800+ hp to rear wheels so you may have a shot.

Let us know what you do. It will be cool to have an SS in the 200 mph club.

Good Luck.

Archived