TEAM SHELBY FORUM

wheel hop

Wilson

was trying not to order any parts until next year for this car... but the wheel hop is SO bad I just ordered a set of BMR billet LCA's from lethal.

I am hoping this helps me enough to launch the car to sub 2.0 60' I was getting on my last outing

was trying not to order any parts until next year for this car... but the wheel hop is SO bad I just ordered a set of BMR billet LCA's from lethal.

I am hoping this helps me enough to launch the car to sub 2.0 60' I was getting on my last outing

It will alleviate it not solve it. to do so UCA also or better Griggs.

It will alleviate it not solve it. to do so UCA also or better Griggs.

I know i will need a UCA. I didnt order it because a.) I want to see how much each piece improves launching and b.) $$

didn't even look into griggs uca.

I do plan on going with a watts link since the cars moves all over the road on bumps. I actually miss my 04 cobra for that IRS alone!

What are the best brands of UCAs and LCAs to use? Can you mix and match brands? I have BMR LCAs on m 05 Mustang GT. They are nice but with all this extra power would it be better to use another brand?

Can someone post links of this stuff so us new guys getting Mustangs know what these parts mean?

I was kind of wondering the same thing. Are the LCA and UCA the same as the older GT500's so we are able to get them now? Another question is do these come in the upgradable handling package that is offered with the gt500?

I was kind of wondering the same thing. Are the LCA and UCA the same as the older GT500's so we are able to get them now? Another question is do these come in the upgradable handling package that is offered with the gt500?

Control Arms do not come with the FRPP Handling Pack. The kit includes dampers, springs, anti-roll bars and strut tower brace. Will this kit alone resolve the wheel hop issue or will control arms be needed as well?

Control Arms do not come with the FRPP Handling Pack. The kit includes dampers, springs, anti-roll bars and strut tower brace. Will this kit alone resolve the wheel hop issue or will control arms be needed as well?

Actually putting the FRPP Handling Pack on could make wheel hop worse. It could screw with the angle of which the control arms are set. Not transferring the launch force properly to the rear wheels. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Can someone post links of this stuff so us new guys getting Mustangs know what these parts mean?

Here you go, they break it down pretty good in terms of what each part will do, but not sure if they have parts for the 2010 GT500. What I am looking for personally is a handling package with no wheel hop, not really into that 1/4mile straight racing.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/2005Mustang.htm

Here you go, they break it down pretty good in terms of what each part will do, but not sure if they have parts for the 2010 GT500. What I am looking for personally is a handling package with no wheel hop, not really into that 1/4mile straight racing.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/2005Mustang.htm

Isn't BMR the company that Shelby uses for the SS too??

I posted a a topic like this a couple weeks back and it appears that performance and handling info on 2010 is scarce. I would suggest contacting Lethal Performance for advice. Their website "appears" to list 2010 parts more so than others.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/07-09-she...74ndu5kdrh23o93

What I have heard is that Granatelli makes a good, adjustable UCA as well as a lower.

Are there any opinions on coil over kits ? What about lowering springs ?

05-10 = same aftermarket suspension parts

wheel hop is an issue inherently found in the suspension components flexing and binding coupled with tire traction(lack of) and spring rates...

It happens to irs cars too.

On my 04 a good slick (no tire spin) resolved the issue. To resolve the issue completely on mostly street driven car you sometimes need to go with suspension parts that have less 'give' resulting in more NVH.

That is one reason I am doing this piece by piece.. I want to see what each one does and how much noise it adds in cabin. It's a very personal decision on what is a harsh ride or too loud or....I am going to stay away from spherical ends for now.

In my searching many say UCA and LCA resolves the issue. Some say new springs are needed... on and on.

I will report my findings.

After I get a UCA (likely metco or BMR) I have serious intention to do a griggs or Fays2 Watts link. This car really is terrible in cornering under throttle and uneven pavement.

I have noticed me needing to STEER the car after hiiting a bump to keep it in a lane

wheel hop is an issue inherently found in the suspension components flexing and binding coupled with tire traction(lack of) and spring rates...

On my 04 a good slick (no tire spin) resolved the issue. To resolve the issue completely on mostly street driven car you sometimes need to go with suspension parts that have less 'give' resulting in more NVH.

That is one reason I am doing this piece by piece.. I want to see what each one does and how much noise it adds in cabin. It's a very personal decision on what is a harsh ride or too loud or....I am going to stay away from spherical ends for now.

In my searching many say UCA and LCA resolves the issue. Some say new springs are needed... on and on.

After I get a UCA (likely metco or BMR) I have serious intention to do a griggs or Fays2 Watts link. This car really is terrible in cornering under throttle and uneven pavement.

I have noticed me needing to STEER the car after hiiting a bump to keep it in a lane

yeah, i'm looking at the steeda/roush wheel hop kits as my first investment. second one will be a lowering kit which may or may not be an entire handling package.

Having had 3 different GT500's and done different things to get rid of the wheelhop problem. I tried steeda and others but the best is the Roush Anti wheelhop UCA IMHO. Replacing the LCA really do not help, maybe a little bit. The first thing to replace is the UCA it will cure it. The Roush UCA feels and sounds like the factory UCA meaning no clunks or noises. The roush part will fix the wheelhop problem with no side effects like some of the other aftermarket parts. here's the link http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=772 Part #401788

Having had 3 different GT500's and done different things to get rid of the wheelhop problem. I tried steeda and others but the best is the Roush Anti wheelhop UCA IMHO. Replacing the LCA really do not help, maybe a little bit. The first thing to replace is the UCA it will cure it. The Roush UCA feels and sounds like the factory UCA meaning no clunks or noises. The roush part will fix the wheelhop problem with no side effects like some of the other aftermarket parts. here's the link http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=772 Part #401788

That's the kind of feedback I was looking for! Thanks

My biggest concern, from the reading of various posts, are the clunking noises and rough ride. Almost offsets the improvements made from wheel hop. I will check into the Roush part.

Thanks for the input....

I had BMR LCA and UCA installed, I ran my car at Sebring race way and blew out the bushings :censored: BMR did send new bushing, but with the cost of reinstalling them, I have sold them for what I could get for them and used the Steeda parts, I hope they they will hold up better as they have a washer near the bushings that will not let them squeeze out, good luck with your BMR :baby:

I think your approach is logical. Take it a piece at a time and see the results. I'm going to start with a gear and better tire first, then go with uppers, then lowers. I talked with Team Z Motorsports today as they built many of the parts for the Super Cobra Jets. The SCJ suspension parts are available from Ford and possibly may retain the factory warranty. And the hop goes away as well. I'm excited for some results!

Hey, that's the same UCA on my Roush, maybe I didn't notice it is because I don't hear any clonking noises.

Archived