TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best Factory Car Sound

svtkeith

I used to own an 03 Mach I, I don't know what kind of exhaust system it came with but IMO it was the best sounding factory car I have ever heard. If anybody knows what brand of muffler that came with that car, could you please post it. I would love to have that same sound from my Shelby, not too loud but loud enough to make it sound like a muscle car. IMO the Shelby is ridiculously quiet, thanks for any info on this subject.

svtkeith

I used to own an 03 Mach I, I don't know what kind of exhaust system it came with but IMO it was the best sounding factory car I have ever heard. If anybody knows what brand of muffler that came with that car, could you please post it. I would love to have that same sound from my Shelby, not too loud but loud enough to make it sound like a muscle car. IMO the Shelby is ridiculously quiet, thanks for any info on this subject.

svtkeith

Keith, your Mach had tailpipes, your Shelby does not. Even if you put the same mufflers on the Shelby as the Mach had, it won't sound the same.

Keith, your Mach had tailpipes, your Shelby does not. Even if you put the same mufflers on the Shelby as the Mach had, it won't sound the same.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying, yes I am aware that it would sound different, we had a conversation about this before. I guess what I'm really trying to find out, if that sound could be duplicated, and with what brand of muffler, I do not know. But it would be interesting to find out what it had for mufflers anyway, because it sounded awesome.

By the way, what happened that you are only getting your gears changed next Wednesday? you were suppose to have that done 2 weeks ago.

Keith

Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying, yes I am aware that it would sound different, we had a conversation about this before. I guess what I'm really trying to find out, if that sound could be duplicated, and with what brand of muffler, I do not know. But it would be interesting to find out what it had for mufflers anyway, because it sounded awesome.

By the way, what happened that you are only getting your gears changed next Wednesday? you were suppose to have that done 2 weeks ago.

Keith

I think there's a company called Supertrapp that made 'adjustable' mufflers. I have never owned these, so I have no opinion, but I do know that you can add or subtract "baffles" to get the sound you want.

Dave

svtkeith

Thank your government in action for that.

Thank your government in action for that.

I know 08, They suck big time. But how could you have factory car in 03 that was fairly loud, then I purchased an 04 term that was just as quiet as the 07 Shelby. Sometimes I tend to believe that Ford must be in the sack with the after market industry. Thanks for posting.

svtkeith

I know 08, They suck big time. But how could you have factory car in 03 that was fairly loud, then I purchased an 04 term that was just as quiet as the 07 Shelby. Sometimes I tend to believe that Ford must be in the sack with the after market industry. Thanks for posting.

svtkeith

There is a federal requirement that a car can only be so loud at WOT during a drive by.

Also, Compression will change how a muffler sounds also. Which the 07 is lower then a 03 MACH by far.

There is a federal requirement that a car can only be so loud at WOT during a drive by.

Also, Compression will change how a muffler sounds also. Which the 07 is lower then a 03 MACH by far.

Hi Wildosvt,

You're absolutly right about the compression, I never even thought about that. Thanks for helping me out on that.

Oh by the way, don't change your :censored: avatar, don't give in to anyone. You gotta love that bounce. :hysterical:

svtkeith

Archived