TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Waiting Game - Version 2.0

Congrats to those whose orders are being moved along....I'm out of the game.

Just received word that my car WILL NOT be built. 6 weeks of waiting for nothing. Thanks Ford and it's terrific ordering system. :censored:

I need some time to cool off...don't know when I'll be back.

Same thing that happened to me except I got the word a week sooner than you did, this really SUX.

Let me know if I can help.

Steve

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same thing that happened to me except I got the word a week sooner than you did, this really SUX.

Let me know if I can help.

Steve

I would have never known about this had I not started working the phones as I observed many of you here did...The updates and initiative on my dealers end in keeping me informed...has well, really stunk!

I really appreciate everyone's knowledge and stories to educate me on all of this in past months. You are all a tremendous group of guys!

theres a few grabber blue with white stripes on ebay last I checked. I plan on pulling my order and buying off a lot if I find something close to what I ordered.

Yeah...Ebay....why does it make me nervous buying a car off of there? I'm scared to, I don't know why. I guess people do it all the time.

I gave my dealership (General Manager) one day to get me in the fast lane so to speak, by pulling whatever strings he can...or else I'm getting my money back and saying "bye-bye"...and I won't ever deal with them again. sigh. He's supposedly going to try to see what he can do...but more than likely...I'll be getting my money back and walking. Really a shame.

I'll probably make one huge post at some point once I gather my thoughts on all of this...as you would imagine...I feel the need to vent at least one more time before I put this saga to rest.

dont blame you at all for wanting to vent. I only placed my order about 2 weeks ago and i'm already starting to get pissed that I havent heard anything. As for ebay, i dont think you should have anything to worry about buying from there if its a dealership selling it. its just another way for them to advertise it. You can probably just contact the dealer, send them a deposit before picking it up and not even bother going through ebay. Most of the ads will say the car is for sale locally so they may end the auction early if that happens.

Not sure if the same thing will happen to me. I placed my order on 7/3 and after reading this forum I started questioning the dealer about whether or not they had an allocation or not, etc... because my order was just sitting in the order bank. They took a week to get back to me and said that the Factory Rep called them and confirmed that they do have an allocation for my car and that they would be scheduling it shortly. This would be their first GT500 in the 2010 model year, so I'm hoping it's true and not BS.

Time will tell.

dont blame you at all for wanting to vent. I only placed my order about 2 weeks ago and i'm already starting to get pissed that I havent heard anything. As for ebay, i dont think you should have anything to worry about buying from there if its a dealership selling it. its just another way for them to advertise it. You can probably just contact the dealer, send them a deposit before picking it up and not even bother going through ebay. Most of the ads will say the car is for sale locally so they may end the auction early if that happens.

Thanks 2nd2none.

If I could give you one piece of advice..it would be to call the general manager or salesman (if you trust him) and get them to tell you that they have an allocation for your order. Don't wait around if they haven't told you up front about that already...I don't know if you asked them about it when you placed your order. If I would have know about that one question to ask..I would have saved myself 7 weeks of worrying, wondering and waiting! (the "3 W's" LOL! ) However I wasn't as knowledgeable about the ordering of Shelbys back then. Don't wait around for them to call....also, call the Ford Customer service line a couple times a week to check the status of the order...They'll need your order number, dealership code, Body style code, model year, and of course your name and zip code to look up your status without a VIN.

Yeah, you're probably right about the Ebay cars...I just need to let the dust settle for a bit now.

Not sure if the same thing will happen to me. I placed my order on 7/3 and after reading this forum I started questioning the dealer about whether or not they had an allocation or not, etc... because my order was just sitting in the order bank. They took a week to get back to me and said that the Factory Rep called them and confirmed that they do have an allocation for my car and that they would be scheduling it shortly. This would be their first GT500 in the 2010 model year, so I'm hoping it's true and not BS.

Time will tell.

That sounds good to me. Again, if you don't want to bother your dealer nearly daily...just call Ford customer service to look up the status. If it's not BS...which I wouldn't think it is...your status should be changing to "serialized" soon.

That sounds good to me. Again, if you don't want to bother your dealer nearly daily...just call Ford customer service to look up the status. If it's not BS...which I wouldn't think it is...your status should be changing to "serialized" soon.

Thanks, I'll call Ford CS tomorrow. If your dealer ends up not doing anything for you, you can try Crossroads Ford in Cary, NC. I was dealing with Patrick there and I believe he has 5 Shelby Coupes in stock, one is Grabber Blue/White. The last offer they gave me was $1k over MSRP. I would have taken him up on it but my dealer has me at $3k under, so I'm playing the waiting game for the additional $4k. If you want contact info, let me know and I'll give you the salesperson's info.

Tom

Blue

Call and log a complaint against the dealer for lack of contact. Your file will be sent to a regional rep and you will see results fast. I bet your dealer will call you the same day they are contacted by Ford. Ford takes this complaint very seriously. Dealer will be subject to review by Ford and this scares the shit out of them. They risk loosing the contract with Ford if they get to many complaints. Trust me you will get results good or bad.

I made the mistake of telling a CS rep that a phone call and 2 emails went unanswered. My sales rep was out of town and he just called me saying WTF did I do? So now I have a phone meeting set for Wed to explain what happened and to tell Ford there is no problem with my dealer and it was not an issues due to sales rep being out of town. Regional rep from Ford called me today and she is calling me back Wed. Ford contacted the owner of dealership and advised him of the complaint. Only problem is I did not officially log one, the CS rep took it upon herself to start one based on what I said. So this info was explained by my sales rep. He was not happy. But I am mending the damage on my end. So yeah it works.

I know I have seen the number before but I couldnt find it..............what FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE number should I call to find the stauts of my order ? Is it 1 800 392 3673 ??

Yes that is it. You will need dealer sales code, body style code, model year, and your dealer order number.

Congrats to those whose orders are being moved along....I'm out of the game.

Just received word that my car WILL NOT be built. 6 weeks of waiting for nothing. Thanks Ford and it's terrific ordering system. :censored:

I need some time to cool off...don't know when I'll be back.

Man that sucks. Did your dealer admit that he actually had no allocation for you when he took your deposit?

What about just chillin for a bit and waiting to find a dealer with one of the first 2011 allocations?

I have enjoyed all you posts and would hate not to have you posting regularly on this forum.

Thanks, I'll call Ford CS tomorrow. If your dealer ends up not doing anything for you, you can try Crossroads Ford in Cary, NC. I was dealing with Patrick there and I believe he has 5 Shelby Coupes in stock, one is Grabber Blue/White. The last offer they gave me was $1k over MSRP. I would have taken him up on it but my dealer has me at $3k under, so I'm playing the waiting game for the additional $4k. If you want contact info, let me know and I'll give you the salesperson's info.

Tom

Hope things work out for you.

Thanks for the tip on the NC dealer. I personally refuse to pay over sticker for the car..especially with the additional expense of the shipping the car to Pennsylvania. And add to that this whole experience I've just been through...

I sincerely appreciate it though.

Blue

Call and log a complaint against the dealer for lack of contact. Your file will be sent to a regional rep and you will see results fast. I bet your dealer will call you the same day they are contacted by Ford. Ford takes this complaint very seriously. Dealer will be subject to review by Ford and this scares the shit out of them. They risk loosing the contract with Ford if they get to many complaints. Trust me you will get results good or bad.

I made the mistake of telling a CS rep that a phone call and 2 emails went unanswered. My sales rep was out of town and he just called me saying WTF did I do? So now I have a phone meeting set for Wed to explain what happened and to tell Ford there is no problem with my dealer and it was not an issues due to sales rep being out of town. Regional rep from Ford called me today and she is calling me back Wed. Ford contacted the owner of dealership and advised him of the complaint. Only problem is I did not officially log one, the CS rep took it upon herself to start one based on what I said. So this info was explained by my sales rep. He was not happy. But I am mending the damage on my end. So yeah it works.

Hi Tdusseau - Well, I can honestly say that since I placed this order, the dealer/salesman NEVER called me...unless I put a phone call into them. I think that was twice before today. And basically all they said was the order was still in their order bank...no mention of allocations or anything. So I would think that constitutes lack of contact. They did like I said return my phone call...ONLY when I called however. There were no weekly updates or emails.

Wow...I see what you mean by getting results "good or bad"...Hope you are able to smooth things over with your dealer. Which number did you use to log a complaint? Just the regular customer service number?

Man that sucks. Did your dealer admit that he actually had no allocation for you when he took your deposit?

What about just chillin for a bit and waiting to find a dealer with one of the first 2011 allocations?

I have enjoyed all you posts and would hate not to have you posting regularly on this forum.

Hi AgentIan...

Well, he didn't say that precisely about the allocation...I asked him how many allocations he got this year and he said "one". And they had already gotten a dealer order car in about two weeks after I ordered my car...but, no doubt he knew. Like I said...my regret is that I didn't do more research on these forums before heading to the dealership. I would have known what to ask. Lack of preparation on my part..but still they were in the wrong...and the General Manager knew for sure about my order..the salesman actually had to get the price cleared with him on it.

I asked him about the Zone Reps take on this..and he just said she doesn't have any information to give. :confused:

Yeah, I've thought about waiting til 2011..but I just don't think I can go through the whole waiting process again.

I'll probably still stop at the forums...as I've meet a lot of cool people here (yourself included). It's just really tough to look at the cars and really enjoy them right now.

In a sick sort of way...I'm glad that by this time tomorrow it'll all be over officially for me. Sort of a relief...and I'm free of the monetary commitment of buying a $50,000 car.

Blue

Yes it all starts with the general CS rep. They will take your general complaint log it and tell you that you will be contacted. The rep that called me today was very direct, gave me her direct line and then set a date she would call me back to gather details. She said she was going to work things out on her end first. So the initial phone call from her was just to let me know she was handling my case. No info was given to me today. But if something did come up before Wed she would call me. Also that any questions I had I was to call her direct, and to bypass the general CS line.

As for my dealer he is cool after I told him what happened. I am also going to send a follow up email for him to forward to the owner. Just feel really bad this went down like it did. Because he is giving me one hell of a deal.

I would give it a shot, you never know Ford might try to make it right, and dig off in your dealers ass. Don't give up the fight just yet brother. Use all resources. About time someone took a stand against crooked dealers.

Not sure but can a dealer drop ship a car or does it have to be delivered to the ordering dealer

For those that placed orders but are frustrated with the delay, why not just cancel and buy one from another dealer?? There's two dealers that have 4 in stock, one dealer is asking $10K ADM, the other is asking $20K ADM, then there's two other dealers I just talked to yesterday, MSRP and they will get the car withing 48hrs. One of them is Harrold's Ford (Sacramento), GM got me the VIN#, its a Kona Blue/White sitting at the holding yard MSRP, no wait. The other dealer has four GT500's, all at MSRP. I am pretty sure that there are dealers in your area that's willing to deal or trade with other dealers to get you the car @ MSRP without the hassle and delay. The last two dealers (Harrold & DuPruett) said I only need to leave a refundable $500 deposite, they will pick up the car and once its at the dealer (24hr-48hr), I just sign the docs and drive. There's two member on this board that's getting their GT500 in August from Harrold, so instead of playing the waiting game, check around and don't give up.

For those that placed orders but are frustrated with the delay, why not just cancel and buy one from another dealer?? There's two dealers that have 4 in stock, one dealer is asking $10K ADM, the other is asking $20K ADM, then there's two other dealers I just talked to yesterday, MSRP and they will get the car withing 48hrs. One of them is Harrold's Ford (Sacramento), GM got me the VIN#, its a Kona Blue/White sitting at the holding yard MSRP, no wait. The other dealer has four GT500's, all at MSRP. I am pretty sure that there are dealers in your area that's willing to deal or trade with other dealers to get you the car @ MSRP without the hassle and delay. The last two dealers (Harrold & DuPruett) said I only need to leave a refundable $500 deposite, they will pick up the car and once its at the dealer (24hr-48hr), I just sign the docs and drive. There's two member on this board that's getting their GT500 in August from Harrold, so instead of playing the waiting game, check around and don't give up.

Kinda hard to find exactly what I want...........Sterling Grey, HID and Nav with no stripes. If I could find one I'd do it!

Blue

Yes it all starts with the general CS rep. They will take your general complaint log it and tell you that you will be contacted. The rep that called me today was very direct, gave me her direct line and then set a date she would call me back to gather details. She said she was going to work things out on her end first. So the initial phone call from her was just to let me know she was handling my case. No info was given to me today. But if something did come up before Wed she would call me. Also that any questions I had I was to call her direct, and to bypass the general CS line.

As for my dealer he is cool after I told him what happened. I am also going to send a follow up email for him to forward to the owner. Just feel really bad this went down like it did. Because he is giving me one hell of a deal.

I would give it a shot, you never know Ford might try to make it right, and dig off in your dealers ass. Don't give up the fight just yet brother. Use all resources. About time someone took a stand against crooked dealers.

Not sure but can a dealer drop ship a car or does it have to be delivered to the ordering dealer

Good Morning Tdusseau...

Hmm...your explanation of the CS rep that called you...almost sounds like the one that called me out of the blue last week. I talked to one rep before her and told her about the situation and my frustration about lack of updates and information...and then the next CS Rep that called said she would be looking into order and basically how you said "gathering details" and handling my case...and then she gave me a date she would call back by...which is today at 4:30pm.

We'll see what happens today then...I wasn't sure about the dealer pulling a car from another dealer...if at all possilble...I'm flexible on some of the options...only thing I really don't want is the navigation. But the color is unchangeable.

That is what some of us have done and are about to do...meaning cancel the order and look elsewhere. There's no way I'm paying $10K-$20K ADM for this car ever...they can forget about that with me. Getting the car @ MSRP is as high as I go. I wasn't sure if dealers were able to shuffle the cars back and forth like that. I haven't heard of any of them doing that. That would be great if it was as simple as you say. Do they even do that across state borders? Meaning...say I see a car in Indiana...would they actually ship the car to my dealership in Pennsylvania? That would be amazing to get the car in 28-48 hours that way.

Thanks for the advice and info.

Blue

Following this thread closely, mostly because I enjoy Burning Blue's sigs so much, sorry to hear about your situation. A friend of mine owns a Lincoln Mercury dealer and in 2005 I asked him if he could order me a Mustang GT, so they had a friend in Florida who owned a Ford dealership. The dealership in Florida ordered the car and drop shipped it to the closest Ford dealer to his dealership, I picked it up from him. In March of this year I ordered my GT500 (Sterling Gray/Black) the same way. The dealer in Florida is an SVT dealer and had allocations so he is drop shipping it to a local Ford dealer on Long Island for me. I sold the 2005 Mustang GT about a 2 months ago to help pay for this one. It is kind of a convoluted way to go but it is possible. One thing to watch is the delivery as the local dealer does not even know the car is coming, it just shows up, but since I am tracking it, it won't be driven by anyone but me.

FYG, I ordered March 18, built June 16, still sitting in Flat Rock awaiting shipping.

Burning Blue, from reading the posts on this site everyone who has gotten one can't stop smiling, take a deep breath and start searching the internet for the exact car you want, someone posted the other day that Autotrader.com also a good way to find the car and then you just have to deal with that dealer instead of e-bay.

Regards,

Jim

Following this thread closely, mostly because I enjoy Burning Blue's sigs so much, sorry to hear about your situation. A friend of mine owns a Lincoln Mercury dealer and in 2005 I asked him if he could order me a Mustang GT, so they had a friend in Florida who owned a Ford dealership. The dealership in Florida ordered the car and drop shipped it to the closest Ford dealer to his dealership, I picked it up from him. In March of this year I ordered my GT500 (Sterling Gray/Black) the same way. The dealer in Florida is an SVT dealer and had allocations so he is drop shipping it to a local Ford dealer on Long Island for me. I sold the 2005 Mustang GT about a 2 months ago to help pay for this one. It is kind of a convoluted way to go but it is possible. One thing to watch is the delivery as the local dealer does not even know the car is coming, it just shows up, but since I am tracking it, it won't be driven by anyone but me.

Burning Blue, from reading the posts on this site everyone who has gotten one can't stop smiling, take a deep breath and start searching the internet for the exact car you want, someone posted the other day that Autotrader.com also a good way to find the car and then you just have to deal with that dealer instead of e-bay.

Thanks CaptJim88. That's not a bad way to get a car if you can do it. I guess not too much of a difference from ordering from your local dealer. Is there any extra charge to have the car drop shipped elsewhere?

Yeah, I know...I will re-group at some point and re-access what I want to do. I just don't want to be left hanging and jerked around again...that might make me really "irritated"....if you know what I mean. No doubt getting one of these cars would make me happy...and make me forget about most of this crappy experience...most of it...not all. I can hold a grudge with the best of them...and I really feel like I was mislead big time by my dealership.

What's really a joke is that my dealership advertises themselves as the "mustang kings" of Western PA. LOL! That's why I went to them and felt confident about it all. They had three older shelbys, 4 Saleen's and about 4 Roush mustangs when I went to place my order...so you would think that they knew what they were doing. Guess NOT!

Appreciate the advice on everything. I will definitely take it all into account when I figure out what I want to do.

Latest status: 7/18/09 - Sales manager coming back from vacation 7/20 to witness my wrath and what the zone rep said before he left.

Facebook status: Received email from Ford employee who works in Fleet and Ramps. Knows retail and shipping people. He's giving me status on all the above Tuesday so I get my VIN, build, and shipping status.

SmellSoGood any update on your car? Sounds like you got in touch with the right people and have something potentially good happening for you.

Thanks CaptJim88. That's not a bad way to get a car if you can do it. I guess not too much of a difference from ordering from your local dealer. Is there any extra charge to have the car drop shipped elsewhere?

Yeah, I know...I will re-group at some point and re-access what I want to do. I just don't want to be left hanging and jerked around again...that might make me really "irritated"....if you know what I mean. No doubt getting one of these cars would make me happy...and make me forget about most of this crappy experience...most of it...not all. I can hold a grudge with the best of them...and I really feel like I was mislead big time by my dealership.

What's really a joke is that my dealership advertises themselves as the "mustang kings" of Western PA. LOL! That's why I went to them and felt confident about it all. They had three older shelbys, 4 Saleen's and about 4 Roush mustangs when I went to place my order...so you would think that they knew what they were doing. Guess NOT!

Appreciate the advice on everything. I will definitely take it all into account when I figure out what I want to do.

There was no extra charge as the car goes straight from the factory to Long Island not to Florida and then up to NY. So I guess about the same cost to Ford, one way or the other.

I will be calling CS at Ford again today to see if my car has shipped, it has been sitting at the factory for a month now, and it has been over 4 months since I ordered. Just got to hang in there. I ordered the car because I wanted to get exactly what I wanted as have no intention of ever selling but looking at it now I think I should have just looked on the internet for the exact car I wanted and made a road trip out of the delivery.

Regards,

Jim

Hey to ease the tension I have a general question.

How many here that are having problems, ordered from the "big" dealer? And has anyone besides myself ordered from the small mom & pop dealer? I am seeing a trend starting here that the big guy is getting the cut back in allocations. I know some dealers have 3+ units onsite but post shut down / cut back the little dealers seem to be catching up. Is Ford spreading the love and letting the little guy get some?

Blue

If you have a small dealer in your area you might want to talk to them. My mom & pop shop not only got me one but gave me a hell of a deal also. Worth a phone call at least. A few of the big guys around me did not even call me back after I asked about ordering one vs. Buying the one they had.

BB,

I have been contacted by several Dealer/salesmen offering to sell me a car in stock for MSRP or "slightly" below. The cars are not selling in most places and the Dealers do not want to get stuck with them again like before.

It is the same story all over again, the greedy dealers who marked up the 2008 and 2009 models and would not deal got stuck with them. The same thing is going to happen again with the 2010. Once the initial group of rabid enthusiasts get their cars demand will drop off the cliff and the Greedy Dealers will become "car Collectors" again. It will be Demand not over abundance of cars that will hold prices down to MSRP and below.

It makes no sense for the Dealers to pay thousands of dollars in interest on the loans to floor these cars in the hope of making an ADM down the road. Any Dealer that is betting on large ADM profits later is going to get burned, just my opinion.

On another note I do believe we have see the last of the allocations for this model year. Ordering will be difficult going forward. Mods if you want an explanation on this comment PM me.

Steve

That is what some of us have done and are about to do...meaning cancel the order and look elsewhere. There's no way I'm paying $10K-$20K ADM for this car ever...they can forget about that with me. Getting the car @ MSRP is as high as I go. I wasn't sure if dealers were able to shuffle the cars back and forth like that. I haven't heard of any of them doing that. That would be great if it was as simple as you say. Do they even do that across state borders? Meaning...say I see a car in Indiana...would they actually ship the car to my dealership in Pennsylvania? That would be amazing to get the car in 28-48 hours that way.

Thanks for the advice and info.

You don't need to cross state lines to do this. Dealers will swap cars with each other or they get them from the holding yard and they have plenty at the yard. I found two dealers that was trying to sale me what's on the floor, then I found two that's willing to get me the car from the holding yard, all four dealers were within a 20mile radius, just shop around and ask them to check their computer. When I bought my M5 it was the same way, everybody wanted $20K ADM, I went to a small dealer, they swapped the M5 with another big dealer and I got my car within 24hrs @ MSRP. When I bought my wife's 300C when it was first released, a lot of dealers wanted me to place an order with an addition $10K ADM, we found a dealer that got the car from their local holding yard and she drove it home within 48hrs. It doesn't hurt to talk to a few local small dealers to see if they can work out a deal with you, btw, I should be driving a Kona Blue/White this morning (dealer was ready to pick it up on a flatbed this morning) but my wife decided refinancing the house is more important :cry: , hopefully this refine is quick.

Hey to ease the tension I have a general question.

How many here that are having problems, ordered from the "big" dealer? And has anyone besides myself ordered from the small mom & pop dealer? I am seeing a trend starting here that the big guy is getting the cut back in allocations. I know some dealers have 3+ units onsite but post shut down / cut back the little dealers seem to be catching up. Is Ford spreading the love and letting the little guy get some?

Blue

If you have a small dealer in your area you might want to talk to them. My mom & pop shop not only got me one but gave me a hell of a deal also. Worth a phone call at least. A few of the big guys around me did not even call me back after I asked about ordering one vs. Buying the one they had.

I talked to my salesman on the phone yesterday and asked about allocations. he basically said that since his dealership is actually owned by Ford and not a privately owned place like John Doe Ford, he can get basically anything he wants. He mentioned Galpin Ford in CA as another dealer that seems to get whatever they want. He said he sold 20 GT500s last year and so far this year hes sold 3 that were ordered in March and has 6 orders in right now including mine. He too is puzzled with all the news that Ford is putting out. He mentioned how last week he had an order in for a car (not a GT500) and was told the car would not be built but then came in to work yesterday and saw the vehicle was pulled and assigned a VIN. He said he would bet money that all 6 orders he has in now will get built. Do I believe him? I dont know. If I happen to see a car on a lot that is very close to what I want then the wait will be over for me.

There was no extra charge as the car goes straight from the factory to Long Island not to Florida and then up to NY. So I guess about the same cost to Ford, one way or the other.

I will be calling CS at Ford again today to see if my car has shipped, it has been sitting at the factory for a month now, and it has been over 4 months since I ordered. Just got to hang in there. I ordered the car because I wanted to get exactly what I wanted as have no intention of ever selling but looking at it now I think I should have just looked on the internet for the exact car I wanted and made a road trip out of the delivery.

Regards,

Jim

Okay...thanks for that info...I wasn't sure if they tacked on an extra charge.

Is there any way to get your car labeled as "hot"? From what I understand if you talk to certain people they can do that and get your car shipped quickly. I don't know who exactly to talk to. Maybe you can ask your dealer/salesman about it? Just a thought.

Archived