TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Waiting Game - Version 2.0

I have a question. Order was on "material hold" however about 20min ago I called and was told my order had been "serialized". Customer service rep could not give more info. Can someone here shine some light on this status? I asked about the "material hold" status and he said it did not say anything about that.

Help!!!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Ford may be getting into thier groove with the Shelbys!!

Bout time too!!

Congrats to everyone finally getting vin's!!

:happy feet:

I almost wish I would have waited and got the 10, but I got such a sweet deal on my 09... And I do love it!!

I have put the 10' shifter ball on iher!

I have a question. Order was on "material hold" however about 20min ago I called and was told my order had been "serialized". Customer service rep could not give more info. Can someone here shine some light on this status? I asked about the "material hold" status and he said it did not say anything about that.

Help!!!

That means that you are about to be issued a VIN number! Congrats!

OMG!!!! Now I am getting really nervous. This really is going to happen. So I guess get ready to update my name on the list. To be honest I could use another 2-3 mths before it showes. Need to build that down payment. lol

Ford really decide to kick it in the butt on production. Funny how things work. Well this should break the stress around here for a week or two.

FYI: This is my dealers FIRST Shelby. So this being said I think Ford may be trying to spread the love and let everyone in the game. Also my dealer put the order under my name as a sold retail/customer unit. Not sure if any of this helps but figure they are pieces of the "what the hell is Ford doing puzzle"

Oh I am soooooo happy.... :dance::rant2::confused:

Hi Tdusseau - That is basically what it means from what I gather...I don't know all the precise terms for all of the stages.

BTW: with all the good news spreading through the forum today...I decided to call Ford Customer Service today, even though I hadn't planned on it.

First call in was a nightmare...the lady told me that there was absolutely no record of my order anywhere! :censored: I quickly got off the phone as I could tell she didn't really know what she was doing.

Hung up the phone and immediately called back...made sure I had a different representative - gave her my information...took forever to pull up the order...alas..I'm still on "material hold". :banghead:

But what a drop off in quality of the Customer service representatives from my previous two encounters. Clearly these two are simply "hired help" or something..they had no clue.

AgentIan,

I had planned on doing that earlier in the week, however after making the call to the Ford Customer Service Line - they said they were going to talk to the dealer about my situation and would get back to me by next Tuesday with some answers hopefully. So I thought I would just let that play out for now.

If I don't get a good answer from Ford...I will immediately start pressing the dealer/salesman about my order.

I wasn't really expecting Ford to take the status call into anything more then giving me an update...so it was a pleasant surprise. Wasn't trying to mislead you, if that's what you felt...and if/when I do have to talk to my dealer/salesman I will use the advice you gave me in the PM.

Thanks again.

BTW: with all the good news spreading through the forum today...I decided to call Ford Customer Service today, even though I hadn't planned on it.

So you called without a VIN and they found your name lurking in the thralls of mainframe or AS400 partitions? I'm an IT guy who know's dinosaur systems and the reason why the reps can't find jack information at Ford.

Disclaimer: I'm pretty sure they're using SAP, but nothing as big as what the company I work for uses.

I personally think he had the North Koreans plant his order in the main system at Ford. Now he will wait a week and have them go back in assign him a Vin # and build date.

Here is the Vin # he is using

1NKBP8JS8A5161908

Do you think the NK will be noticed? :stirpot:

Steve

Burning Blue,

If all else fails next week keep in mind that there are a lot of Grabber Blue cars on Ebay right now and I would bet that you could pick up one of them at or below MSRP. Heck you could end up with the car you want before the rest of us. :burnout:

Hang in there man, I know it is tough and please keep those great sigs coming. I am enjoying them a lot.

Steve

So you called without a VIN and they found your name lurking in the thralls of mainframe or AS400 partitions? I'm an IT guy who know's dinosaur systems and the reason why the reps can't find jack information at Ford.

Disclaimer: I'm pretty sure they're using SAP, but nothing as big as what the company I work for uses.

Somehow...yes, they are able to do that! LOL! I would think that in this day and age all they would need is your name to look up an order...Geez, it's really not that complicated.

I personally think he had the North Koreans plant his order in the main system at Ford. Now he will wait a week and have them go back in assign him a Vin # and build date.

Here is the Vin # he is using

1NKBP8JS8A5161908

Do you think the NK will be noticed? :stirpot:

Steve

:P

Burning Blue,

If all else fails next week keep in mind that there are a lot of Grabber Blue cars on Ebay right now and I would bet that you could pick up one of them at or below MSRP. Heck you could end up with the car you want before the rest of us. :burnout:

Hang in there man, I know it is tough and please keep those great sigs coming. I am enjoying them a lot.

Steve

For sure that is Plan B if all fails...I think there were no less than 8 GB's on Ebay yesterday. I didn't notice any that were somewhat near me however.

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement and the comment on the sigs! I have to occupy my time while waiting or else my sanity may start to come into question! :banghead:

Blue,

Feel free to check the atlanta area. I would be more then happy to drive it up to you. Lol

You're very kind sir! That might work...then you can take my old car back down for the trade-in! 20ixcmr.gif

I'm going to wait til the next AAI plant shutdown before I start shopping around. That happens in 4 more weeks. Unless I hear some definitive bad news earlier that I'm not going to be getting the car I ordered.

Eh..my brain is tired from all the worrying from the past week.

AgentIan,

I had planned on doing that earlier in the week, however after making the call to the Ford Customer Service Line - they said they were going to talk to the dealer about my situation and would get back to me by next Tuesday with some answers hopefully. So I thought I would just let that play out for now.

If I don't get a good answer from Ford...I will immediately start pressing the dealer/salesman about my order.

I wasn't really expecting Ford to take the status call into anything more then giving me an update...so it was a pleasant surprise. Wasn't trying to mislead you, if that's what you felt...and if/when I do have to talk to my dealer/salesman I will use the advice you gave me in the PM.

Thanks again.

No issues Burning Blue, I was just trying to pass on the advice that worked for me. No surrender!

Regards.

Okay, I ordered one from Planet Ford in Houston (1 of the top 3 Ford dealers in the country). They were originally allocated 6 2010 Shelbys. Due to the recent production cut by Ford, their allocation went down to 2! I was number 3 in line. Needless to say, I was pissed when they told me I probably would not be getting my order. I was very upset. Then yesterday, I called all of the dealers in town. Several of them had 2010 Shelbys in stock, but they were ALL being fought over by multiple customers for each car. I was personally witness to 6 2010 Shelbys being sold yesterday for between $5200 and $10000 over sticker!!!! Here's the good part...I finally went to the dealer that I like best (because they are very fair and don't try to rape customers). I'm talking about Tomball Ford in the Houston area. Anyways, they had 2 2010 Shelbys in stock, 1 white with grabber blue stripes and 1 black with silver stripes. They gave me the black one for $2500.00 under sticker. Needless to say, I'm super excited and very happy with that dealership. Pictures to follow. If anyone wants a white one with blue stripes, call Tomball Ford in Houston, TX. They are good guys and will NOT rape you like every other dealer.

Okay, I ordered one from Planet Ford in Houston (1 of the top 3 Ford dealers in the country). They were originally allocated 6 2010 Shelbys. Due to the recent production cut by Ford, their allocation went down to 2! I was number 3 in line. Needless to say, I was pissed when they told me I probably would not be getting my order. I was very upset. Then yesterday, I called all of the dealers in town. Several of them had 2010 Shelbys in stock, but they were ALL being fought over by multiple customers for each car. I was personally witness to 6 2010 Shelbys being sold yesterday for between $5200 and $10000 over sticker!!!! Here's the good part...I finally went to the dealer that I like best (because they are very fair and don't try to rape customers). I'm talking about Tomball Ford in the Houston area. Anyways, they had 2 2010 Shelbys in stock, 1 white with grabber blue stripes and 1 black with silver stripes. They gave me the black one for $2500.00 under sticker. Needless to say, I'm super excited and very happy with that dealership. Pictures to follow. If anyone wants a white one with blue stripes, call Tomball Ford in Houston, TX. They are good guys and will NOT rape you like every other dealer.

I thought this was deemed innacurate?? ( although one of the local dealers here still said the same thing Wednesday)! Thats a pretty nice deal you got no the less..................but we need PICS!! :finger:

I see you have me on there got VIN#1ZVBP8JS7A5139711, odes any one know if you can pick up the vehicle at plant in flatrock? I have to fly down anyway and ship to Alaska so I thought it would make a good road trip. I'll have to talk to the dealer I'm not sure if they actually have to take first possession.

Again I am really unsure about all this production cut stuff. The only thing I am hearing here is about all the "Big" dealers that sold so many of this and so many of that. Now take my dealer. Never before ordered a Shelby (any year). They are a smaller commercial/fleet dealer, and have just a few units on the lot for retail. Now if this production cut thing was true, how did they get one? I don't think there is going to be a "big" production cut. I think the trend here is to spread the love so to say, and let some of the smaller dealers get a unit or two before they release 3,4,5+ allocations to the top dealers. Now this is not fact but just a trend I have noticed here on the site.

Question of the day.

How many guys/gals here ordered from smaller dealers?

Who in the world did this. I guess there are still some people that just refuse to do their homework. Dealer about 5 miles from the house just took delivery of a Black/ silver stripe, nav, hid. First thing I noticed was no ADM sticker on the windshield. Sales person told me they are getting MSRP and that was info he just gave me I did not have to ask. This dealer also has a silver/blue KR sitting right next to it. So pass the word, the days of over MSRP are over.....!!!!!!

I agree. We all need to spread the word not to pay ADM again! The dealer in LA (Gaplin) was saying the same thing about not getting all of the GT500 that they ordered, and did actually sell one for 69K! That was 18k over sticker!! I can see Gaplin getting that money because they are located in N.Hollywood so I'm assuming some movie star bought it. My advise is shop around at other dealers and find the one you want to never pay MSRP. Good job on getting it a few thousand under sticker..I wish I could have done that!

No one really knows what will happen with this model year but there are a limited # of cars available and no allocations to place oders.

The only thing balancing the shortage of cars is the very weak economy and fewer buyers. A really big factor is poor resale on 2007-2009 and lack of enthusiasm of Dealers to take the Older models in trade as they have no market for them. People who own 2007 -2009 cars canot afford to give them away in order to buy a 2010. Neither of the two Dealers I dealt with when I went to order my 2010 would accept my 2009 on trade. If there were a strong resale market for the 2007-2009 cars you would see more current owners trading up.

I really would not be looking for a lot more allocations for this model year. I think the Dealers pretty well know its over. Anyone shopping for a 2010 will have to look on Dealer lots to purchase one. Again, the only thing that will hold the prices down to MSRP will be the relatively few buyers and weak economy not an over abundance of cars.

Steve

Congrats to those whose orders are being moved along....I'm out of the game.

Just received word that my car WILL NOT be built. 6 weeks of waiting for nothing. Thanks Ford and it's terrific ordering system. :censored:

I need some time to cool off...don't know when I'll be back.

I have a feeling this is what I will be hearing also.

Just received word that my car WILL NOT be built. 6 weeks of waiting for nothing. Thanks Ford and it's terrific ordering system. :censored:

wow. did the dealer call and just say your ordered was removed from system and will not be built at all or they just still have no idea?

Really sorry to hear your car will not be built.

Regards,

Jim

I have a feeling this is what I will be hearing also.

Not necessarily so...you might have better luck than me. Keep the faith...I really hope you get your car my friend.

wow. did the dealer call and just say your ordered was removed from system and will not be built at all or they just still have no idea?

Previously it was listed as material hold in the system...it now says "Car will not be built in this model year". Somebody had just inquired about the car (not me) and the status was changed. I have a call into the General Manager of the dealership...haven't heard back from him yet (no surprise). I hope for his sake that they didn't take my order 7 weeks ago knowing that they didn't have an allocation for it. Well, at least now I'll be coming into some sudden money in the form of a refund from my down payment on this car that never will be. Very disappointing.

Really sorry to hear your car will not be built.

Regards,

Jim

Thanks Jim...I appreciate it. I would have really loved to join the Shelby owners club. These cars are just beautiful to look at (no matter what the color) and I can't imagine how fun it is to drive them.

Archived