Burning Blue- Correction

Order Date: 6/1

Pulled Date: 6/12

Vin Date: 6/19 (ish)

Window Sticker Date: 6/27

Build Date: 7/15

Original Delivery Date: 7/28

Updated Delivery Date: 8/3

Okay...since most of the early orders have been received by the board members in the other watch list thread..it's time for us June and later people to start one! (EDIT : we'll add in the people who have ordered before June that haven't received their VIN as of 7-13-09)

I'll update this first post with the stats as they become available...if I miss you...please post and I'll add it to this list.

I find it good to see that I'm not the only one waiting for my car...because sometimes it seems like everyone is getting their car but me.

Image21.jpg

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Burning Blue- Correction

Order Date: 6/1

Pulled Date: 6/12

Vin Date: 6/19 (ish)

Window Sticker Date: 6/27

Build Date: 7/15

Original Delivery Date: 7/28

Updated Delivery Date: 8/3

Man, that's fast. You either must be well connected..........., or did your research very well before your order.

Man, that's fast. You either must be well connected..........., or did your research very well before your order.

I think I just got lucky. I have never ordered a car before but the dealer seems to have sold several Shelby's so maybe he knows whats up.

It seems like every two weeks we would get some kind of news on the cars status. I hope the trend continues and I get it on time. I think my order barely got in under a window of opportunity for an earlier build than some that ordered just a few days after me. The whole process is very confusing.

This website has been great to learn about the car. Thanks all.

I think I just got lucky. I have never ordered a car before but the dealer seems to have sold several Shelby's so maybe he knows whats up.

It seems like every two weeks we would get some kind of news on the cars status. I hope the trend continues and I get it on time. I think my order barely got in under a window of opportunity for an earlier build than some that ordered just a few days after me. The whole process is very confusing.

I hope you get it on time, I still have no confirmation on shipping. I was hoping mine would at least ship this week and start the at least 2 week Journey form Michigan to Mississippi.

Was it a big dealership that you ordered the car from?

I hope you get it on time, I still have no confirmation on shipping. I was hoping mine would at least ship this week and start the at least 2 week Journey form Michigan to Mississippi.

I know it's tough to wait..but you've already won the battle my friend. It'll get to you soon.

Just got a call from Ford that they are going to look into the situation with my order...they are going to work with my dealer to hopefully resolve this...so we'll see where this leads.

They said that they would contact me with some answers no later than Tuesday of next week. Fingers crossed that something good may come of this.

Was it a big dealership that you ordered the car from?

Not really, but it's only Ford dealer within a 30 mile radius. Plus he had Shelby experience and obviously an allocation or two? He also has had one on order since Feb. and it has not shown up yet.

Kona Blue with White Stripes on the floor at Sunset Ford in St. Louis. I think it fully loaded and they want 50K.

I have had good luck with thier other store in Waterloo.

Sunset Ford in Westminster, CA also has a Kona Blue/White stripes and HIDs on the floor. Its been on ebay for a couple weeks now with a buyout of MSRP. Its the same dealership I ordered my Shelby from.

Sunset Ford in Westminster, CA also has a Kona Blue/White stripes and HIDs on the floor. Its been on ebay for a couple weeks now with a buyout of MSRP. Its the same dealership I ordered my Shelby from.

Wrong shade of blue for me! :P

Anyhow...there's a bunch of Shelbys on Ebay now. I think the most there has ever been. I counted 8 Grabber Blues! Wow. Send one my way PLEASE! :shift:

We seem to have stalled in adding more members to the list...currently sitting at 20. If anyone else has a June or later placed order....Please, speak up to be added! :poke:

Wow. There's going to be 1,950 cars on the lot sitting around. Just kidding. Many buyers don't post or have joined TS because they stink at the Internet or haven't found it yet after living the glory years of the 60's.

Got my Vin # this morning!!!!!!!

1ZVBP8JS8A5140222

The allocation was received by the Dealer Thursday morning, order was accepted at the factory Thursday afternoon 7/16 and VIN # issued.

The Sales Manager said he will call me as soon as they have a build date,

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

One more update for the chart, Burning Blue...

VIN finally arrived this morning!!!!

1ZVBP8KS6A5141643

Window sticker not available yet but at least I have a number for my Kona Blue Convertible!

I was advised that my Shelby will be built in August and to expect delivery here in Cleveland 8 - 10 weeks from now.

1ZVBP8JS8A5140222

The allocation was received by the Dealer Thursday morning, order was accepted at the factory Thursday afternoon 7/16 and VIN # issued.

The Sales Manager said he will call me as soon as they have a build date,

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Congrats--good luck thru the rest of the process--from the VINs being issued, looks like you shook something loose.You will LOVE that car

Thanks Burning,

I will check daily!

You're welcome...I'm pretty sure the sticker only shows up a few days before the build date.

Congrats War Eagle..is this from your original dealership? Or another one?

scjmustangbob ordered 2-25-09 Vin received 7-16-09 Do I have the record for the longest wait

Wow! They should dump a few extra horsepower into your car for you...after that extreme wait!

One more update for the chart, Burning Blue...

VIN finally arrived this morning!!!!

Congrats Usarockit! Great news!

Looks like Friday is definitely when things happen with these orders.

I've yet to hear the phone ring today...so it looks like another week of waiting. I did have a good feeling about today..but I guess it's just not going to happen for me - my dealership closes at 5pm on Fridays and it's already after 2pm.

I'm supposed to hear back from Ford by next Tuesday with some information about my order...I don't know what to expect...I guess I shouldn't expect anything. That way I won't be disappointed.

So in our small sampling of Shelby orders to date 9 of 20 orders have been processed. That's a pretty good percentage considering how many orders are probably out there in the real world.

9 down and 11 to go...please Ford make us all happy soon! :shift:

"Congrats War Eagle..is this from your original dealership? Or another one?"

I am still with my original Dealer, Treadwell Ford in Mobile Ala. Other than my car they only received one allocation for the entire year.

The other car was a customer order that the guy backed out on. That car is sitting on their showroom floor. Torch Red Stripe delete, fully loaded.

Steve

I am still with my original Dealer, Treadwell Ford in Mobile Ala. Other than my car they only received one allocation for the entire year.

The other car was a customer order that the guy backed out on. That car is sitting on their showroom floor. Torch Red Stripe delete, fully loaded.

Steve

So great that things ended up working out for you then. Time to celebrate if I were you! :happy feet:

Archived