TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe Offered at Auction...Again

veloce_va

Looks like Mecum will try to sell the awesome Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe at their upcoming auction in Monterey. Recall that this same Coupe failed to sell at their Original Spring Auction, despite getting bid to $6,800,000...wow.

http://www.sportscardigest.com/archives/8067

Wonder what it takes to win the auction?? As you'll see, it is clearly north of $7,500,000...

Looks like Mecum will try to sell the awesome Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe at their upcoming auction in Monterey. Recall that this same Coupe failed to sell at their Original Spring Auction, despite getting bid to $6,800,000...wow.

Wonder what it takes to win the auction?? As you'll see, it is clearly north of $7,500,000...

ehhhh....Chump Change................... :peelout:

I was wondering where it would appear next. Montery probably has the best chance for a sale. After that its B-J in January.

Steve

How accurate is this statement?

"After competing at Daytona, Monza, Spa, Nürburgring and Le Mans, CSX2601 made history when driver Bob Bondurant powered the car to a victory over Ferrari, clinching the 1965 World Manufacturers Championship for the United States and Shelby American on July 4 at Reims, France."

I was under the impression Ferrari pulled out of the 1965 Worlds Manufactures Championship altogether and did not participate that year against the Daytona Coupes.

My favorite time of the year, Monterey Peninsula during the Historics week, racing, tours, auctions, eye candy, both 4 wheeled and two legged...

I GO EVERY YEAR, and will be there in 4 short weeks. :happy feet:

My favorite time of the year, Monterey Peninsula during the Historics week, racing, tours, auctions, eye candy, both 4 wheeled and two legged...

I GO EVERY YEAR, and will be there in 4 short weeks. :happy feet:

Where's the link my man? Sounds like something I need to make plans for! :happy feet:

Where's the link my man? Sounds like something I need to make plans for! :happy feet:

The fun starts on Tuesday 11th for the Carmel Concours on the Ave. They basically close down Ocean Ave. for a large car show and cruise, too late to enter, but free to view.

Auctions start on Wed, and there are no less than 6, Russo & Steele, R&M, Bonham & Butterfields, Mecum, Silver, and theres one more that I've forgotten.

The always BIG and popular Concours Italiano on Friday 14th at Blackhorse, as far as you can see Italian Iron...

Numerous art and collectible sales through-out, a really good one at the Embassy Suites in Seaside from Tues-Thurs...

The vintage races go from Fri-Sun at Laguna Seca, where you'll see EVERY race car imaginable.

The gathering at Quail Lodge, and of course the grand daddy of the all, Pebble Beach Concours are two high brow shows going on as well.

There is no single link, but google away, or log on to the Monterey Heralds website for schedule of events.

I'll be working the Russo & Steele Show Tues-Thurs getting it ready for the Fri-Sat auction...

Just driving down to hang for the day, and to feel the vibe is amazing...some MANY cars everywhere, every kind, where else will you see 25 Lambos going down the road together, more Enzo's than you can shake a stick at, 3 Bugatti's cruising 17 mile drive...you know, the new one, with 1001 HP!

3 weeks :happy feet:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived