TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H used in 2008 made for tv movie Crash and Burn

Larry T

I haven't seen that movie but there are two of them in your pics.

If there is enough interest I can get the vin numbers from the CA plates and with Roger's help we can cross reference the vins to the CSM numbers.

Steve

:drool: That would be great to find out!

If there is enough interest I can get the vin numbers from the CA plates and with Roger's help we can cross reference the vins to the CSM numbers.

Steve

Steve

I would be shocked if they left the actual plates on the car in filming. Those are most likely props.

Mmmmmmmmmm, pretty! :) Of all the recent Shelby's made, for various reasons I do believe the GT-H will be the one to own! Although as an owner of one im sure many would say im biast...

not at all, i would agree as well. that is why i became an owner. :drool:

I would be shocked if they left the actual plates on the car in filming. Those are most likely props.

Good catch and I think you are correct.

The first plate of 2LAB345 is not correct for a 2006 California vehicle. The majority of cars registered in California in 2006 will start off with the number 5 as the beginning of the sequence. For example: 5ABC123.

The second plate of 4Q49952 is also incorrect. First off it's sequence denotes a commercial plate as used on trucks. Second the sequence starting with the number 4 is also not correct for 2006 cars or trucks.

So although these plate sequences could have been issued by the California DMV they would have been issued many, many years before 2006.

And just to balance this out movies are made all the time with real car license plates. Sometimes the producer or director will even use their own car in the movie.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason these two Hertz cars have fake plates is because they originally had no plates or they had plates from another state that wouldn't go along with the storyline.

Steve

Archived