TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NADA trade-in value.

stump_breaker

I think they are holding up well, and based on what I've seen online on autotrader and ebay the NADA seem to be in the ball park...maybe a little high.

I was thinking this morning about what if I had waited until now to get a 08SGT, instead of 18 months ago. Now I would pay VA state sales tax (5%). Back in Nov 08, I didn't pay any (AK resident). So I saved about $1700 in taxes. That would equal buying the car in Virginia now at ~$34000.

If I got a comparably equipped 08 now (which wouldn't have my fog lights and lower grille), I could get it new for ~$30K and it would have probably been out in the weather most of that time.

I think $4K is worth 18 months of driving fun, garage kept ownership, and getting the exact options and SAI mod shop additions I wanted.

Seems very optimistic, since several NEW 2008s have been purchased recently for less than $30K...don't get me wrong, I'd love to believe that my 2007 SGT with 2,600 miles is worth more than $25K - $29K, but the market is very low right now with many unsold new 2008/2009 GT500s and some 2008 SGTs floating around........

I found it odd that KBB has a SGT option for trade-in value but it only slightly differs from the regular Mustang GT trade-in price, about $20-$21k.

Edmunds has nothing for and SGT and only for the Mustang GT - about $20k.

Then I went to NADA and it specifically has options for the SGT and the GT500 with the above posted prices, about $7k more.

Nothing is worth anything right now. Did I say that right? :) Anyway now is the time to buy a car, house, boat because they are all worth pennies on the dollar. Now if you find a guy that just "wants to sell" his Shelby, Vette, Porsche etc...instead of "having to sell" then your not going to get a good buy, he can and will wait. He is NOT the person to buy from.

Nothing is worth anything right now. Did I say that right? :) Anyway now is the time to buy a car, house, boat because they are all worth pennies on the dollar. Now if you find a guy that just "wants to sell" his Shelby, Vette, Porsche etc...instead of "having to sell" then your not going to get a good buy, he can and will wait. He is NOT the person to buy from.

! just bought my 2007 last month for $25,700. Even after I paid the $1700 in sales tax (damn that hurt! :censored: ) I still have not seen one advertised for any less.

I agree with Swedeman. If you have any money buy what you want now. Everything is going up or going away.

I hate to say it; but NADA is too high...

I bought mine in Jan. for $26,500; it had 4700 miles on it.

Eventually though, I think the real market will begin to go back up.

One thing I've noticed is that the prices haven't really changed much in about a year (on the '07's). They seem to have stabilized. Seems to be a good sign.

I found it odd that KBB has a SGT option for trade-in value but it only slightly differs from the regular Mustang GT trade-in price, about $20-$21k.

Edmunds has nothing for and SGT and only for the Mustang GT - about $20k.

Then I went to NADA and it specifically has options for the SGT and the GT500 with the above posted prices, about $7k more.

First thing that pic of Hillary freaks me out!!! Like a bad drinking nite. But your #'s aren't bad the chyrsler dealer said my car was only worth 22,000.

Well NADA for my GT-H says the low value is $62,500!! I'll sell mine for that.. lol Ive been offered over 30k, not interested.. not selling, sit tight, i enjoy mine most w.ends, ill worry about what its worth years from now hopefully, we'll all look back and smile :)

I was offered 24k today because the salesman lied to the manager and told him I was offered 24k elsewhere. I was later told they offered me 24k because of the options I have added but it was really worth 21k.

Needless to say I still have the Shelby.

actually sticker was 53k it was on sale for 39K, I purchased it 14 months ago...so I think current values are B/S

When mine was for sale, i couldn't get $26,500 for it with only 2,000 miles on it, has 2,300 now. The only reason i put it up for sale was because i didn't have the time to drive it. Now, since i unexpectedly had to take an early retirement i am going to keep it and enjoy it.

Bottom line, any car is only worth what someone is willing to pay....

The problem with NADA and all the rest is that they don't buy cars. Go to a dealer and tell them it's worth that much and they will more than likely laugh at you.

Actually, unlike Kelly and Edmunds, they sort of do... or rather their members do. The NADA is the National Automobile Dealer's Association - founded in 1917 they are the lobbying and advocacy arm of car dealers. The data published in their guides is supposed to be based on sales transactions reported by over 20,000 car dealers in the U.S.

I don't disagree though that a used car sales manager isn't going to offer to give you in trade what the book says. Also, keep in mind that the trade-in price that their member dealers are reporting might be artifically high because they're making up for it on the back side on the sale price of the new car.

Archived