TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GET A SHELBY...GIVE ME A BREAK

FordGeek

Hey, anyone want a Shelby. Get it on EBAY...

.Shelby On EBAY

I've seen a couple of these...but this one is pretty sad. Especially when you consider that they're using prototype photos and they have the audacity to bring up the whole Barrett-Jackson auction; which by the way was FOR CHARITY so of course someone paid stupid money for the #1 Shelby (another point they failed to mention). It would be interesting to see if this dealership is one of the newbies to the SVT program. Good Lord give me the strength...

Hey, anyone want a Shelby. Get it on EBAY...

.Shelby On EBAY

I've seen a couple of these...but this one is pretty sad. Especially when you consider that they're using prototype photos and they have the audacity to bring up the whole Barrett-Jackson auction; which by the way was FOR CHARITY so of course someone paid stupid money for the #1 Shelby (another point they failed to mention). It would be interesting to see if this dealership is one of the newbies to the SVT program. Good Lord give me the strength...

So the way I read this......this J-Hole is expecting AT LEAST $50K on top of MSRP??????????

I cannot believe anyone would be that stupid.....we will see.

Looks like this dealer changed their minds and lowered the initial bid from $50K over to $1K so we will have to see what the reserve is if someone bids it up that high.......Steve

It would be interesting to see if this dealership is one of the newbies to the SVT program. Good Lord give me the strength...

I would guess they are new to the SVT program. Here's a quote from their eBay ad:

"Our dealership, Victory Lane Ford, Inc. has been in business for 7 years. We are located in Litchfield, IL which is about 50 miles north of St. Louis, MO. "

SVT has been in business longer than these jokers!

I noticed that too Five Oh B :D Talk about a dealership that gives dealerships a bad name. Misrepresenting the car by showing pictures of the concept instead of the real car and stating incorrect information about the car. It's sad that some don't know any more about what they sell than this. :nonono:

Auctions like these usually don't stay up for very long. I was surprised Ebay didn't take down the other auction by that dealer back east. A few others like this were closed. I expect Ebay will do the same with this one, especially since it's misrepresenting the car by showing concept pics and advertising 19-inch wheels.

Auctions like these usually don't stay up for very long. I was surprised Ebay didn't take down the other auction by that dealer back east. A few others like this were closed. I expect Ebay will do the same with this one, especially since it's misrepresenting the car by showing concept pics and advertising 19-inch wheels.

I thought dealers could post pre-sale auctions since they can show they can produce a car. I agree that it is not correctly represented. I know that they took down an auction by some D*ck selling his place in line for a car he does not have a binding contract on.

3 others similar to this have been pulled, so I'm sure they will get pulled, too. Discrepancies:

This car does not exist yet, and has not even been produced. Further, the car pictured is a prototype SHOW CAR, and the features listed (ie: Wheels, Hood, rear diffuser & Spoiler) are not what is on the production car. Additionally, the Barrett-Jackson auction was for charitable causes, and the statement "The production on this vehicle will be very limited" is inconslusive because production numbers have not been released from the mfr at this point. Also, the picture of the engine is misleading as well- the supercharger pictured was for the show car only, and a different one will be used for production.

:idea: Of course, this being a free country......we could each file complaints on ebay. Just a thought... :yup:

http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/

oops! Did I post that??? :do what:

3 others similar to this have been pulled, so I'm sure they will get pulled, too. Discrepancies:

This car does not exist yet, and has not even been produced. Further, the car pictured is a prototype SHOW CAR, and the features listed (ie: Wheels, Hood, rear diffuser & Spoiler) are not what is on the production car. Additionally, the Barrett-Jackson auction was for charitable causes, and the statement "The production on this vehicle will be very limited" is inconslusive because production numbers have not been released from the mfr at this point. Also, the picture of the engine is misleading as well- the supercharger pictured was for the show car only, and a different one will be used for production.

:idea: Of course, this being a free country......we could each file complaints on ebay. Just a thought... :yup:

http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/

oops! Did I post that??? :do what:

HEY EVERYONE...they've changed their tune from the original $50,000 over sticker starting bid to $1,000. Who wants to bet the reserve is $50,000? :do what:

Archived