TEAM SHELBY FORUM

UPR DRIVERS Side Oil Catch Can Released

I thought you mentioned in another thread the the UPR piece lacked the filter media of the Moroso can?

Nope. It just has a different filter. It's metal mesh, whereas the Moroso can has a fiber filter.

I've needed a reason to visit my niece in Sacramento... We are still five short of the ten. :headscratch:

Cruise on up man! Beers on me :party:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope. It just has a different filter. It's metal mesh, whereas the Moroso can has a fiber filter.

Cruise on up man! Beers on me :party:

So what happens if you don't drain the oil out periodically? Does it eventually block this vent and then cause other engine problems?

So what happens if you don't drain the oil out periodically? Does it eventually block this vent and then cause other engine problems?

I have the same question.... :lurk:

Yes. It must be drained at least every couple of weeks.

Hmmm...I like the idea behind this catch can, but I don't need anymore tasks...please remove me from the list! I'll have to do another mod soon in lieu of this one sp ya don't think I just chickened out! :lol:

edit - what's another good $75 mod??

Hmmm...I like the idea behind this catch can, but I don't need anymore tasks...please remove me from the list! I'll have to do another mod soon in lieu of this one sp ya don't think I just chickened out! :lol:

edit - what's another good $75 mod??

not much. a Shelby Trunk Liner? Clear Corners? Maybe a piece or two of billet under the hood?

not much. a Shelby Trunk Liner? Clear Corners? Maybe a piece or two of billet under the hood?

I'm thinking the Ford Racing A-Arm brace - but I don't want to rob this thread anymore - so I'll go to another.... :shift:

Ken please take me off the list. I must be A.D.D. I couldn't wait any longer and just ordered one. When I'm ready to buy I'm like a horse at the starting gate ready to go... sorry fellas :hide:

Frank

That's it, I'm throwing in the towel on you guys! :surrender:

• 2 weeks later...

Mine finally came in. Of course it wont fit according to their directions so I'm testing it in different locations and will buy extra hose later.

One question... How do I remove the OEM hose from the valve cover to the intake? I'm not sure if I should be applying pressure to the green tab looking thing. I don't want to break anything so any tips are appreciated.

Frank

P1010004-1.jpg

It wont fit as directed because of this little top hat looking guy by the strut tower (sorry don't know what it is)

P1010009-1.jpg

Yes sir, just slide the little green tab and hold it in place while yanking up on the 90* fitting. It ought to pop right off with no trouble.

As for the mounting location, you'd have to drill a hole in the tab on the strut tower, bolt a new little plate to the tab, drill a hole in the new plate, then bolt your can to that, in order to make it work like the UPR install guide. I can't believe they didn't include all necessary hardware AGAIN with these things. :headscratch:

Ken

I didn't even see the GB started on this...

Did you give up on it for sure? If not, you can add me.

It's on page 2 of this thread. I ditched out on it after 'uno' found very similar problems with the driver's side can as I found with their passenger side can.

If 10 people still want it, they'll still honor the discounted group buy, however.

Ken

Yes sir, just slide the little green tab and hold it in place while yanking up on the 90* fitting. It ought to pop right off with no trouble.

As for the mounting location, you'd have to drill a hole in the tab on the strut tower, bolt a new little plate to the tab, drill a hole in the new plate, then bolt your can to that, in order to make it work like the UPR install guide. I can't believe they didn't include all necessary hardware AGAIN with these things. :headscratch:

Ken

Thanks Ken. I've tested it in several location and by far the best spot seems to be where you mounted your Moroso can on the passenger side. It seems I just need to buy a lot of hose. How much hose did you end up buying for that install? I notice you have brass fitting and mine are black plastic... :headscratch:

P1010008-3.jpg

Good work WildAz. Sorry I missed your question. I used about 12 feet too, not that that info helps you much now or anything. ;)

Let us know how much oil you end up collecting over the long haul.

Ken

Thanks for the props. I bought some hose clamps but did not use them. Not sure if they are needed since everything snugged on real nice. Did you use any clamps?

Frank

Thanks for the props. I bought some hose clamps but did not use them. Not sure if they are needed since everything snugged on real nice. Did you use any clamps?

Frank

Yeah man I used clamps all over the place. My hose didn't fit so snugly, plus I dig the look of the old school stainless clamps.

If yours took any effort to slip on, I'd say you should be fine without them.

Archived