TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 1/4 mile times

I know it is a bit early ( due to break in ) BUT HOW ABOUT POSTING HERE WHAT THESE CARS REALLY DO. NO 25 mph headwinds as per the magazine tests.

Talked to MR. ARNING at AA last week when I took delivery. His first question was " how did I LIKE THE POWER." and he concurred the 540 hp is THE ADVERISED HP but also the minimum developed. This hints that the 511 at the wheels ( creating 572- 585 ) is more realistic.

I know it is a bit early ( due to break in ) BUT HOW ABOUT POSTING HERE WHAT THESE CARS REALLY DO. NO 25 mph headwinds as per the magazine tests.

Talked to MR. ARNING at AA last week when I took delivery. His first question was " how did I LIKE THE POWER." and he concurred the 540 hp is THE ADVERISED HP but also the minimum developed. This hints that the 511 at the wheels ( creating 572- 585 ) is more realistic.

I'd say that through (safe) tuning and the factory cold air that 511 at the wheels is pretty aggressive when you consider that most of us were at 500-510 with intakes like JLT and tuning from our pals in the "circle" (Lund/Evo/Paul/Justin). Maybe...but I'd have to see it to believe it.

That said, it is clearly benefiting from the last 4 years of trial and error in the field and is a better all-around car. Congrats.

bj

For what it's worth, Edmund's (Edmunds.com) press car dyno'd in at 590 H.P. at the block.

Personally, after Top Gear proclaimed the last model the "GT500 - almost" I can't wait for them to test the latest 2010. Here is their test of the last GT500 in case any of you haven't seen it. I know that you' all probably don't like it, but its still a great review from my perspective. Actually, as far as tests go on this program, notwithstanding the suspension comments, it got a pretty good review. Interesting comparison against the GT390 and Roush.

Personally, after Top Gear proclaimed the last model the "GT500 - almost" I can't wait for them to test the latest 2010. Here is their test of the last GT500 in case any of you haven't seen it. I know that you' all probably don't like it, but its still a great review from my perspective. Actually, as far as tests go on this program, notwithstanding the suspension comments, it got a pretty good review. Interesting comparison against the GT390 and Roush.

The problem with that episode is that Hammond took the rear wheel H.P. as the factory claimed H.P. In actuality, the rear wheel H.P. that they did get off their 500 would put the claimed H.P. higher than 500 not "almost" as he quips.

The claimed 500 H.P. that FoMoCo advertises for the (2007-2009) GT500 is at the crank not the rear wheels.

The problem with that episode is that Hammond took the rear wheel H.P. as the factory claimed H.P. In actuality, the rear wheel H.P. that they did get off their 500 would put the claimed H.P. higher than 500 not "almost" as he quips.

The claimed 500 H.P. that FoMoCo advertises for the (2007-2009) GT500 is at the crank not the rear wheels.

I thought that also, but based on 500hp at the flywheel, that would put the transmission losses at circa 10%, which seems a little too optimistic - I would expect 20% to be more likely? Alternatively, the motor could have been kicking out circa 550+?

I thought that also, but based on 500hp at the flywheel, that would put the transmission losses at circa 10%, which seems a little too optimistic - I would expect 20% to be more likely? Alternatively, the motor could have been kicking out circa 550+?

I have always heard that there is a parasidic drivetrain loss of 30 to 34% depending on if the car has a manual or automatic (automatics closer to 34%).

If those percentages are accurate then yes, the Top Gear car would have been in the 550+ H.P. range at the crank.

I sent them an email protesting their findings, but I never recieved a response. I suspect that they just want to provoke GT500 owners who are mostly Americans.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Top Gear; it's one of my favorite shows on TV, but they do love to bash all things American whenever they can.

I have always heard that there is a parasidic drivetrain loss of 30 to 34% depending on if the car has a manual or automatic (automatics closer to 34%).

If those percentages are accurate then yes, the Top Gear car would have been in the 550+ H.P. range at the crank.

I sent them an email protesting their findings, but I never recieved a response. I suspect that they just want to provoke GT500 owners who are mostly Americans.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Top Gear; it's one of my favorite shows on TV, but they do love to bash all things American whenever they can.

Any scoop on the 2011? i am trying to google every thing possible to no avail.

Any scoop on the 2011? i am trying to google every thing possible to no avail.

What are you trying to find out about the 2011? Anything specific?

i ran 12.81 @ 112 mph Fri night.

I got 3 passes in and that was my first pass. I thought for sure I would see 12.50's

But it wasn't in the cards. Wheel hop was too much and I couldn't get it figured out in one night.

Without wheel hop and a good launch I bet I could go 12.10's on stock tune

Wow, 550+ , my 2010 GT500 is sounding better by the minute - can't wait :drool:

I wouldn’t get too concerned about Top Gear knocking Americans in particular; they’re just a bunch of xenophobic Brits that seem to knock everyone, that’s not a subject of the Queen (If you’ve seen the Germany episode with the Spitfires you’ll know exactly what I mean!) Anyway, as you may be aware, on their most recent trip to the US they drove a Vette, CTS-V and Challenger across country and were very complimentary about the Vette and CTS on demanding roads (the challenger was another story). I wish that they’d had the 2010 GT500 on this road trip, as I’m sure that their assessment would have been more than positive. Check this clip out, from about 5:40 on they’re in the mountains and are really appreciative and complimentary about the American vehicle capabilities.

Also, to persuade you further that they are not focused on being anti-American, here is the Spitfire clip. If you want a laugh and a good example of their ‘little England’ mentality, watch the first couple of minutes………Classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMycrAlKvLo...feature=related

BTW, I am very surprised that they didn't rise to the challenge of your email. Not like those guys at all.....

Archived