TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 SHELBY SHORT THROW SHIFTER

dupuyf

Disconnect the DS from the transmission lower the transmission as low as possible and it's doable.

I install the Ford Racing short throw and it took me 3 hours or so but I took my time.

Do a search, I followed another members detailed instructions.

Great mod......you'll really like it!

Has anyone seen/used the "new" Shelby short throw shifter yet? It looks super beefy, but I haven't heard any reviews yet compared to the FRPP.

DoubleX,, I have the Shelby Short Throw on my car for about 1 year now. It is very heavy duty with the billet support arms and billet handle. Shifting is sooooo much better than stock . Rock solid and tight pattern. Can't really compare to the FRPP but I have spoken to others with the FRPP Short Throw and they like it too. I think it comes down to preference in the look of the handle and the ball. The Shelby is a bit more pricey but to me it was well worth the extra coin.

Here is a pic of mine:

post-6216-1247449754_thumb.jpg

post-6216-1247449754_thumb.jpg

Here is a pic of mine:

1st_gear_correct.JPG

Thanks GT50035! Does the boot cover the aluminum shaft normally, and you are just showing it off? Or is that the way it is installed?

Does anyone know which shifter the Super Snakes come with these days? Still the FRPP or these? Just curious as a buddy of mine just got his SS back and I plan to check it out.

ON A 2008 SHELBY GT 500 , TO INSTALL THE SHORT THROW SHIFTER DO YOU HAVE TO DROP THE TRANSMISSION

OR CAN YOU WORK AROUND DROPPING THE TRANSMISSION ON A CAR LIFT , HAS ANYBODY INSTALL THERE OWN

FD

You don't even need to remove the drive shaft. Put the car up on stands and take the 4 crossmember bolts out and let the trans hang. Then you can reach up and change out the shifter. I did mine that way it took about an hour very simple install. And yes the shifter will fit just move it around a little between the shaft and floor.

You don't even need to remove the drive shaft. Put the car up on stands and take the 4 crossmember bolts out and let the trans hang. Then you can reach up and change out the shifter. I did mine that way it took about an hour very simple install. And yes the shifter will fit just move it around a little between the shaft and floor.

You can't do it that way with the Shelby shifter because it is so much beefier. I know because I tried when I did mine. But.... if you lower the trans and leave D/S attached, you can get the shifter in by not putting the arms on until you get the shifter base above the D/S and trans. I did it that way, it just takes a little longer. I didn't WANT to drop the D/S. Once the shifter base is above the trans, you can then attach the arms and finish install.

I really like the Shelby shifter, can't compare it to FRPP because I've never used it.

Thanks GT50035! Does the boot cover the aluminum shaft normally, and you are just showing it off? Or is that the way it is installed?

Does anyone know which shifter the Super Snakes come with these days? Still the FRPP or these? Just curious as a buddy of mine just got his SS back and I plan to check it out.

DoubleX, the pic is as installed. The handle is intended to be exposed as you see it. Very cool.

Here is a pic of the parts before install...

post-6216-1247801161_thumb.jpg

post-6216-1247801161_thumb.jpg

I'm fairly sure the SS comes with the FRPP short throw shifter with the Shelby short throw shifter with the white ball handle being an upgrade item.

Archived