TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Steeda Spyder Wheels Tire Decision

Anyone have any ideas on what tires would work with the following wheel sizes?

20x9.5

20x11

I am thinking about getting the new Spyder Wheels from Steeda and was trying to determine which size tires would work with these wheels.

Any help would be appreciated.

20x9.5

20x11

I am thinking about getting the new Spyder Wheels from Steeda and was trying to determine which size tires would work with these wheels.

I have 275/35 20" nitto 555 they are hooking up very well and appear to do well in the rain, they also are on Steeda wheels

20x9.5

20x11

If you have big horsepower you will need more than the 275's in the rear to hook up at all. The 20" wheel has limited tire selection. A lot run the Nitto's. I run Pirelli 315/35/20 in the rear on widdened razors (10.50) and Pirelli 275/35/20 in the front with 9 inch razors.

If you have big horsepower you will need more than the 275's in the rear to hook up at all. The 20" wheel has limited tire selection. A lot run the Nitto's. I run Pirelli 315/35/20 in the rear on widdened razors (10.50) and Pirelli 275/35/20 in the front with 9 inch razors.

Can you provide any pictures?

-Tom

Thanks for the information. When I saw these wheels on a GT500 I thought they looked great! I was so amazed by the wheel that I never looked at the tire size. So I thought it would be best to post the question. If any of you haven't seen these this is what they look like on a GT500,

GT500CHROMESPYDERS.jpg

GT500CHROMESPYDERS.jpg

Ok cobrafan, now you are up to 315s! Looks awesome and I bet the grip is much better. I thought you had some rubbing with 305s but what about the 315s? Do you have your Shelby/Eibach suspension cranked all the way up? Do you wish you had widened to 11"? I was thinking about the 295/35s so as not to raise the back as much but now you got me thinking...

Didn't mean to poach this thread but I thought the info would be valuable to the OP as well.

• 1 year later...

Archived