TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brembo brakes with what wheels?

I scored a set of brakes from a GT5 owner today. But now having them in my hands and looking at my wheels, i'm thinking no dice and since a new set of wheels in the near future. Who's done this swap and which wheels are you using?

CS40's

Picture065-1.jpg

I'm running 20's Razors which I aquired from a person who has the Brembos on their SGT and I'm getting ready to buy some Brembos also from a person who is upgrading their brakes so as far as I know the 20 inch Razors will clear the big brakes, I've never replaced brakes before so if anyone has a go by with pictures please post them, I've asked around and some shops are charging $135 to do the swap.

I'm running 20's Razors which I aquired from a person who has the Brembos on their SGT and I'm getting ready to buy some Brembos also from a person who is upgrading their brakes so as far as I know the 20 inch Razors will clear the big brakes, I've never replaced brakes before so if anyone has a go by with pictures please post them, I've asked around and some shops are charging $135 to do the swap.

135 to swap them is a great deal...

its a simple bolt in Remove the two bolts that mount the stock calipers to the spindles, disconnect brake lines, then remove the calipers and rotors install new rotors and(now would be a good time if you have ss brake lines to install) then install two bolts and locktite that hold the brembos to the spindle fill and bleed brakes and mount wheels torque to 110 ftlbs test drive and smile.

DSC04552.jpg stock rotors

DSC04557.jpg

DSC04550.jpg

its a simple bolt in Remove the two bolts that mount the stock calipers to the spindles, disconnect brake lines, then remove the calipers and rotors install new rotors and(now would be a good time if you have ss brake lines to install) then install two bolts and locktite that hold the brembos to the spindle fill and bleed brakes and mount wheels torque to 110 ftlbs test drive and smile.

DSC04552.jpg stock rotors

DSC04557.jpg

DSC04550.jpg

NIIIIICE!!! Thanks for the tip, what rotors are you running? Which SS lines did you go with also?

Archived