TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tasca Ford SS Conversions

I heard a nasty rumor the other day that Tasca Ford stopped doing SS conversions and will not be doing any Super Snake conversions in the future. Say it isn't so! Anyone know about this?

If you're concerned, wouldn't a two minute phonecall to Tasca get you a more dependable answer than online scuttlebutt?

If you're concerned, wouldn't a two minute phonecall to Tasca get you a more dependable answer than online scuttlebutt?

Relax! I heard a rumor from a reliable source and called Tasca and also sent a text. Got no response along with the the fact that the phones at the mod shop were not being answered . As this is quite unusual I thought someone on the forum would know.

If you don't know don't post. Evidently you don't know!

Gentlemen,

The Tasca Mod shop is alive and well. Any questions regarding any mod shop related topics can be directed to Billy at 401-681-1122 or bsgambato@tasca.com. Billy is our customer contact representative. Dennis Gomes continues to spearhead the operations end of our mod shop. We are very proud of our alliance with the Shelby and look forward to a long lasting relationship with both Shelby Automotive Inc and the Shelby enthusiast community.

Sincerely,

Carl Tasca

Gentlemen,

The Tasca Mod shop is alive and well. Any questions regarding any mod shop related topics can be directed to Billy at 401-681-1122 or bsgambato@tasca.com. Billy is our customer contact representative. Dennis Gomes continues to spearhead the operations end of our mod shop. We are very proud of our alliance with the Shelby and look forward to a long lasting relationship with both Shelby Automotive Inc and the Shelby enthusiast community.

Sincerely,

Carl Tasca

Thanks Carl. How did the team make out at the track today?

Gentlemen,

Sincerely,

Carl Tasca

:happy feet: :shift: :happy feet:

Gentlemen,

Sincerely,

Carl Tasca

May I add, they are doing a mighty fine job. :yup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

My SS conversion was done at Taska Ford and I would not recommend them. To say the work was shoddy would be an extreme understatement. Nearly all the takeoff parts were damaged to some degree. During the process I experienced delay after delay and was not able to get any kind of estimate when the car might get done. When I first got the car back it looked like something out of a junk yard. I've shown people pictures of the various defects and they find themselves in disbelief. Bob Taska aranged to have the car picked up at my home and made a great effort to fix the problems. The car looked good. Then they damaged the car returning it to me by not properly strapping down the front end. It was bouncing off the rear door of the car trailer. The car was taken back and repaired. When I went to order floor and trunk mats for the car I found out I should have gotten a set with the car. I called up and did get a set. On Oct. 16, 2011 I found out that early SS owners received a SS jacket with their CSM# on it. I inquired about it and was told it was included with the early conversions but is not available to me. Reflecting back I believe I recall giving them my jacket size but never received one and had since forgotten about it until I saw one on Oct. 16. I made a commitment to the SS package as soon as it was made available (I have a 2007 SS), surely I was one of the early purchasers. What else did I not receive? I still have a chipped windshield from the process that they offered to pay half for the replacement. I have declined their offer and given up on them. I have seen some good work coming out of their shop but mine appeared to be done after hours by illegals with no experience.

Mustang Bob,

I'm sorry to have read that you still have some unresolved concerns with your vehicle. If you'd like to discuss the matter in detail, please PM me your phone number and we can talk.

We're in the middle of some rennovations in the Mod Shop building and the phone system has been going down sporadically. We've hopefully put these issues behind us. If ever our main 888-729-7778 phone number isn't working, you can reach Don in the Mod Shop directly at 401-644-9464 or email him at dbarry@tasca.com. I'm also always lurking around the teamshelby.com forums so feel free to PM me. We're also getting ready to launch a completely revamped tascamodshop.com website that will have all new performance kits for the 2011-2012 GT-500, Mustang 5.0, and Ford F-150 (5.0, 6.2, and Ecoboost). We're working on testing a new 2012 Focus supercharger system that should be ready for the spring. We're also getting ready to put together an in depth film documenting the complete Super Snake build. This film should really show how unique and incredible a Super Snake really is. I think sometimes we all take these 800+ horsepower beasts for granted!!! Also, my father's Cobra Jet season is winding down and we're already getting working on next season. The 2010 CJ is shooting for the first 7 second run in CJ history, and we're also getting ready to debut a 6 second CJ powered Pro Stocker!!!

Carl Tasca, Jr.

We're also getting ready to launch a completely revamped tascamodshop.com website that will have all new performance kits for the 2011-2012 GT-500, Mustang 5.0, and Ford F-150 (5.0, 6.2, and Ecoboost).

HIJACK: Hmm, I am VERY interested in hearing about this. I have a 2011 F-150 Ecoboost.

Please announce your new website on Team Shelby when it comes on-line.

TIA,

Phill Pollard

• 1 month later...

HIJACK: Hmm, I am VERY interested in hearing about this. I have a 2011 F-150 Ecoboost.

Please announce your new website on Team Shelby when it comes on-line.

TIA,

Phill Pollard

New website is up however the ECO boost parts are not on there yet. We do have calibrations and cold air kits for these trucks. If you are interested please email Don (dbarry@tasca.com)

Thanks,

Dennis

We're also getting ready to put together an in depth film documenting the complete Super Snake build. This film should really show how unique and incredible a Super Snake really is.

Carl Tasca, Jr.

I am extremely interested in this, when more information becomes available please update or PM me. I would even buy a copy of the video if you plan on selling, thanks.

• 4 years later...

Archived