TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS hp and torque

I have the dyno sheet from my SS conversion, does this sound right to you?

Just curious if others are around the same #s

Dynnojet Research CF: STD Smoothing: 5

RunFile - 015.drf MaxPower = 622.95 MaxTorque = 557.41

Hi 08SHELBYSS.

Yes, this is about right for a fairly hot run. The average will be from about 620-650+ depending on the temperature, altitude (BARO), humidity, etc.. (we take spark out as the temperature rises, just like the factory to help prevent detonation on crappy pump gas).

620/.85 = 729 engine HP

650/.85 = 765 engine HP

As you can see the "725" is actually underrated for this car. If you can get 94 octane all the time, you can run the 3" pulley and gain about another 45 rwhp.

Was this the best, average or lowest run? If it was run 15, I would say it had to be fairly hot by then and down a little on timing unless it was allowed to cool down some between runs. I can pull our Super Snake right off the street anytime and it will pull 650 every time, but as you run it we have to reduce the spark slightly, so the hp drops slightly with that. Figure about -6 rwhp for every -1 deg timing. Dynos usually don't have enough "fan power" and airflow to keep the ECT and charge temps down, so you can expect some slight drop as you run it.

Did they collect any engine data like boost, timing, IAT, ECT, etc...?

Regards,

Ken

Mine was Dyno'd at 640rwhp and 560rwtq on 93 octane

Hi 08SHELBYSS.

Yes, this is about right for a fairly hot run. The average will be from about 620-650+ depending on the temperature, altitude (BARO), humidity, etc.. (we take spark out as the temperature rises, just like the factory to help prevent detonation on crappy pump gas).

620/.85 = 729 engine HP

650/.85 = 765 engine HP

As you can see the "725" is actually underrated for this car. If you can get 94 octane all the time, you can run the 3" pulley and gain about another 45 rwhp.

Was this the best, average or lowest run? If it was run 15, I would say it had to be fairly hot by then and down a little on timing unless it was allowed to cool down some between runs. I can pull our Super Snake right off the street anytime and it will pull 650 every time, but as you run it we have to reduce the spark slightly, so the hp drops slightly with that. Figure about -6 rwhp for every -1 deg timing. Dynos usually don't have enough "fan power" and airflow to keep the ECT and charge temps down, so you can expect some slight drop as you run it.

Did they collect any engine data like boost, timing, IAT, ECT, etc...?

Regards,

Ken

Thanks for the info,

About all I can tell you is, I think it was one run only, no data, don't know about heat, but the car has the Shelby cooling system/Revan racing

It has 94 octane gas but it was 8 months old at the time of the dyno run. Also it still has the stock plugs, what plugs do you recommend

Thanks again Randy

Thanks for the info,

About all I can tell you is, I think it was one run only, no data, don't know about heat, but the car has the Shelby cooling system/Revan racing

It has 94 octane gas but it was 8 months old at the time of the dyno run. Also it still has the stock plugs, what plugs do you recommend

Thanks again Randy

The stock plug gaps should have been closed up by SHM, or replaced with NGK-TR6s. We've heard some are running the NGK-TR5s, but the lower the last digit for NGKs, the hotter the plug. So, stick with stock or NGK-TR6s.

Regards,

Ken

These numbers all sound great. I had my SS (w/'725' Kenne Bell) on the dyno last weekend. I am not an expert at all and was told this dyno is probably reading abit low. Bottom line: 567 HP, 518 Torque, Max Boost 14.09 w/run conditions of 89 deg F, humidity 18%, on 91 octane. Clearly less than I expected and well below the other numbers reported. The HP was still heading north when the rev limiter kicked in at 6000rpm. I continue to love the car and the power is more than adequate, but again, expected the numbers to be better.

These numbers all sound great. I had my SS (w/'725' Kenne Bell) on the dyno last weekend. I am not an expert at all and was told this dyno is probably reading abit low. Bottom line: 567 HP, 518 Torque, Max Boost 14.09 w/run conditions of 89 deg F, humidity 18%, on 91 octane. Clearly less than I expected and well below the other numbers reported. The HP was still heading north when the rev limiter kicked in at 6000rpm. I continue to love the car and the power is more than adequate, but again, expected the numbers to be better.

That's a little low... Don't these cars come with dyno sheets from SAI when you pick them up? You'd certainly think they would. Hopefully KB will chime in.

Dyno results 93 octane pulley;

Max Power = 688.91

Max Power = 617.8

I had the 605 HP package on my Vert.

As soon as I got her home I added JBA Long Tubes / 3" Catted X-pipe and 3" JBA Exhaust as well as an Innovators West 10% Overdrive underpulley and a 2.65 VMP Upper. Also an AFCO Dual pass Intercooler.

Dyno Tuned at 652 RWHP / 650 RWTQ

I'm happy now !

08SS0144

Archived