TEAM SHELBY FORUM

someone proficient with sending pictures

Cobra010

If there is anyone out there who is proficient with sending pictures, who would be willing to email me and let me attach my pictures to the email and post them for me it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Cobra010

Email address is al.copp@cox.net

If there is anyone out there who is proficient with sending pictures, who would be willing to email me and let me attach my pictures to the email and post them for me it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Cobra010

Email address is al.copp@cox.net

Al again congrats hope you love the car.BTW, could you scan the piece of paper that says Return to Plant and post it,or send it to me and ill post it.Think its appropriate for all the folks that waited like you did to see it.bob

Congratulations again Cobra010!! :happy feet: :happy feet: Beautiful car....really glad you got her finally! :yahoo:

What did you think about the color when you saw it in person?

Thanks 03 DSG Snake for the photos!

I am an old timer I remember the Grabber Blue when it came it out but this is much more beautiful to me the new paint enhances the color 10 fold. Thanks to 03 DSG Snake

Thank GOD for this Blessing

Cobra010

I am an old timer I remember the Grabber Blue when it came it out but this is much more beautiful to me the new paint enhances the color 10 fold. Thanks to 03 DSG Snake

Thank GOD for this Blessing

Cobra010

Congrats.....few things i will advice to do that i wish i have done,

There are nice detailed threads by grabber about the clear bra, nothing hurts like seeing stone chips on the gorgeous paint of this awesome car. i wish i have done it. the door edge is another place you want to protect if you decide to go for it.

another advice is using some thing soft to keep the distance between the plate and the bumper so down the road you do not have any scratches on the paint from the metal rubbing on the bumper when cleaning the car.

I really wish i have done those things i will try to google the threads that are relevant.

again ....congrats on this awesome color combo. enjoy!

I had the 3M clear bra installed on my 2005 F150 black Lariat 4 years ago when I purchased the truck. That being said I have a few thoughts around being a 4 year owner. I also had it put on my wife’s 07 white Nissan Altima.

1. The edge where the clear bra stops is VERY noticeable on dark and light color cars. The only color I've seen it blend well with was silver and gold.

2. Over time there will be some edge spots where dirt and grime will work it's way under the edge and discolor it.

3. The film is extremely prone to discoloration on white vehicles. It’s happened 2-3 different times on my wife’s Nissan Altima. It gets an orangeish/yellowish hue. I know what you’re thinking, quality of work or materials, but I promise it was the real 3M material and I went three different places in the Twin Cities.

4. There is no way to avoid slight wrinkles in the film when going over any surface that is not completely flat.

5. Unless you spend a huge amount of money and cover the entire hood, you’re still going to get rock chips just past where the clear bra is. After 4 years I’ve avoided rock chips on my truck where the clear bra is, but look just above that and you’ll find 5 of them and it breaks my heart.

I had the 3M clear bra installed on my 2005 F150 black Lariat 4 years ago when I purchased the truck. That being said I have a few thoughts around being a 4 year owner. I also had it put on my wife’s 07 white Nissan Altima.

1. The edge where the clear bra stops is VERY noticeable on dark and light color cars. The only color I've seen it blend well with was silver and gold.

2. Over time there will be some edge spots where dirt and grime will work it's way under the edge and discolor it.

3. The film is extremely prone to discoloration on white vehicles. It’s happened 2-3 different times on my wife’s Nissan Altima. It gets an orangeish/yellowish hue. I know what you’re thinking, quality of work or materials, but I promise it was the real 3M material and I went three different places in the Twin Cities.

4. There is no way to avoid slight wrinkles in the film when going over any surface that is not completely flat.

5. Unless you spend a huge amount of money and cover the entire hood, you’re still going to get rock chips just past where the clear bra is. After 4 years I’ve avoided rock chips on my truck where the clear bra is, but look just above that and you’ll find 5 of them and it breaks my heart.

Thanks for the advice, i know the quality of venture shield is better than 3m but the points after 4 years are well taken thx again.

Thanks for the advice, i know the quality of venture shield is better than 3m but the points after 4 years are well taken thx again.

No problem. I read through Grabbers thread and it looks to me like the big things are making sure you have a quality product (haven't heard anything bad about venture) and an installer that backs their work. I was getting pretty frustrated reading the other member's interaction with that installer.

No problem. I read through Grabbers thread and it looks to me like the big things are making sure you have a quality product (haven't heard anything bad about venture) and an installer that backs their work. I was getting pretty frustrated reading the other member's interaction with that installer.

I would say the key is to find a certified installer from venture shield then look at some cars they did if satisfied then go for it, now i have those stone chips i wish i have done it in the past, but never too late.

Archived