TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Finally Home

Aussie67

After nearly a six month process my GT500 has finally come home with the steering wheel on the "Right" Side.

Mustang Motorsport have done another beautiful job in "Australianising" this car. I am still amazed at the extent and quality of the work.

It has taken much longer than I anticipated and stretched my patience to the limit waiting for the car, but it was worth the wait. I thought this car turned some heads in the US and Canada, but wow, it certainly attracts some attention here in Oz.

A few pics for y'all.

I am so happy. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

ShelbyRHDConversion010.jpg

ShelbyRHDConversion011.jpg

ShelbyRHDConversion012.jpg

ShelbyRHDConversion023.jpg

ShelbyRHDConversion027.jpg

ShelbyRHDConversion030.jpg

Now to go :shift:

I like it. Looks like a top notch job. I'd have to stick with the standard drive set up....last time I drove a right hand drive I learned that my left hand could shift a gear if its life depended on it. Beautiful car. Thanks for the pix

Conversion looks great. I have had my GT 500 converted to RHD here in New Zealand as well (was done in 6 weeks). Currently visiting my son in Perth W.A. so when I return home I will post some photos of my Shelby. Fantastic cars.

Your car looks awesome, thanks for sharing.

Awesome.. Congrats. I don't think I could ever get used to right side drive... :shift:

It's very easy. I grew up with Right Hand Drives. moving the the US I had to learn Left Hand drive. I picked it up quickly. I now have a few issues when I do go back to drive.

Conversion looks great. I have had my GT 500 converted to RHD here in New Zealand as well (was done in 6 weeks). Currently visiting my son in Perth W.A. so when I return home I will post some photos of my Shelby. Fantastic cars.

Excellent Ken, I would love to see the pics. Sorry we cant catch up while you are in Perth. I left Monday and now in Canada / US for a couple of weeks.

Wow, looks like someone put the slide in the projector backwards. Probably a bunch of guys on here not old enough to know what a slide projector is. HaHa. Nice car tho!

Archived