TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thinking of some appearance mods

90GT

I'm thinking of doing some appearance mods to my car to make it stand out and need some feedback. First mod will be the Shelby GT grill when it is finally released for purchase. Next would be to black out the rear panel between the tail lights and add black tail light trim like Ruf has on his car (Ruf's is polished). I'm also looking for some type of chin spoiler but haven't found one I like yet. What do you guys think???

post-6180-1164857056_thumb.jpg

Shelby GT Grill

post-6180-1164857400_thumb.jpg

Rear black out treatment (trim around tail lights is too wide, mine would be thinner)

I'm thinking of doing some appearance mods to my car to make it stand out and need some feedback. First mod will be the Shelby GT grill when it is finally released for purchase. Next would be to black out the rear panel between the tail lights and add black tail light trim like Ruf has on his car (Ruf's is polished). I'm also looking for some type of chin spoiler but haven't found one I like yet. What do you guys think???

Shelby GT Grill

Rear black out treatment (trim around tail lights is too wide, mine would be thinner)

Ruf also has a similar grille already. Check it out. He can tell you where he got it.

Ruf also has a similar grille already. Check it out. He can tell you where he got it.

Yup, I saw Ruf's. I like the Shelby GT's grill because it looks like the bars are a little closer together than on Ruf's car. Both look good though. Depends on how much Shelby wants for theirs and what Ruf paid for his. Either one would work.

Yup, I saw Ruf's. I like the Shelby GT's grill because it looks like the bars are a little closer together than on Ruf's car. Both look good though. Depends on how much Shelby wants for theirs and what Ruf paid for his. Either one would work.

You may be right. But i've seen it personnaly twice and it looks identical to the Shelby GT IMO.

:hysterical2: 1,294,000 posts!

Yep. My Cervini grille is the same one that Shelby uses (on the GT-H, too). My lower grille (identical) is inbound from Moss Motors (Carriage Works Grilles) in Ca.

You asked: I don't care for the black-out piece on the rear. I think I'd take off the faux gas cap instead and keep it monochromatic.

Tail light grids: Again - nope. I put the chrome grids on to give it a retro look. Vis a vie the late '60s.

But bottom line - (as the Isley Brother's sang) - It's Your Thing......do what you wanna do! :happy feet:

Edit: If I had the money, I'd buy the GT-H hood. I don't. But if I did, I wouldn't put on the hood pins. Not necessary - and the cables will probably scuff up the hood.

:hysterical2: 1,294,000 posts!

Yep. My Cervini grille is the same one that Shelby uses (on the GT-H, too). My lower grille (identical) is inbound from Moss Motors (Carriage Works Grilles) in Ca.

You asked: I don't care for the black-out piece on the rear. I think I'd take off the faux gas cap instead and keep it monochromatic.

Tail light grids: Again - nope. I put the chrome grids on to give it a retro look. Vis a vie the late '60s.

But bottom line - (as the Isley Brother's sang) - It's Your Thing......do what you wanna do! :happy feet:

Edit: If I had the money, I'd buy the GT-H hood. I don't. But if I did, I wouldn't put on the hood pins. Not necessary - and the cables will probably scuff up the hood.

So you have the Cervini grille, that was actually one of my choices. I had no idea the Shelby GT uses the same grille. :doh:

The blackout I've seen on a couple of cars and it depends on the color. If I did it to mine it would be painted and a flat black finish, not gloss. I got the idea from a 70 Mustang that Chip Foose did on the last Overhaulin.

The GT-H hood I'm not to crazy about and the hood pins rust from what I've heard. I just want to do some low key mods that will set my car apart from a regular GT. Nothing too fancy or off the wall.

Oh, my wheels came in today!!! :happy feet: I'll have some pics tomorrow!!!

I'm starting up a design consulting business.

Pm me if you'd like to discuss possibilities!

I think there's a market for those who want "understatement."

Yes, I can sell you a kit to make a wonderfully understated Mustang for $3999. In the "understatement kit" you will get .... nothing.

.....Please add $299 for shipping.

I'm starting up a design consulting business.

Pm me if you'd like to discuss possibilities!

I think there's a market for those who want "understatement."

Ha, Ruf's design school!!! :happy feet: You got it right on your car, very subtle but still looks hot.

What I'd really like to do is a GT/CS front end conversion but that will cost too much money. I'd rather spend that cash on speed parts so I can :shift:

Yes, I can sell you a kit to make a wonderfully understated Mustang for $3999. In the "understatement kit" you will get .... nothing.

.....Please add $299 for shipping.

For that price, I will add some masking tape and flat black paint. It would give you a modern Rat Rod look :hyper:

Archived