TEAM SHELBY FORUM

email tuners for supercharged 3V's?

Does anyone know of a tuner that will email a tune for a boosted SGT?

Bamachips says no dice. Jon Lund from lundracing.com says he could pull it off, but would need a ton of data logged and sent to him.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ken

Justin at VMP tuning e-mailed me a very conservative custom tune that I used after the Paxton install. VMP provides SCT compatible tunes so I never used the DiabloSport Predator hand held tuner that came with the Paxton kit.

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?

Once I had the SC install complete I installed the VMP tune and the car fired right up. Then I drove right to VMP to finish tweaking the tune on the dyno. Since then I have e-mailed Justin several data logs and he has supplied modified tunes based on the data logs. This could have been done entirely via e-mail but I was fortunate enough to have VMP within a 20 minute drive.

Justin, John Lund, and other reputable tuners can dial in a tune via e-mail as long as you provide them with a complete description of all of your cars modifications and accurate data logs. However, if there are any issues caused by the SC install you may be somewhat on your own and it could be a very iterative and time consuming process to isolate and fix problems. If you haven't done so already you should verify that you can capture and playback data logs BEFORE you start the SC install.

If you have a good dyno tuner in your area with a lot of supercharged S197 Mustang experience you may want to consider driving (or towing) the car to the shop.

Everybody seems to have an opinion (good and bad) about the custom tuning software and tuners that are out there. So if you ask ten people you might get 10 different answers.

Justin at VMP tuning e-mailed me a very conservative custom tune that I used after the Paxton install. VMP provides SCT compatible tunes so I never used the DiabloSport Predator hand held tuner that came with the Paxton kit.

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?

Once I had the SC install complete I installed the VMP tune and the car fired right up. Then I drove right to VMP to finish tweaking the tune on the dyno. Since then I have e-mailed Justin several data logs and he has supplied modified tunes based on the data logs. This could have been done entirely via e-mail but I was fortunate enough to have VMP within a 20 minute drive.

Justin, John Lund, and other reputable tuners can dial in a tune via e-mail as long as you provide them with a complete description of all of your cars modifications and accurate data logs. However, if there are any issues caused by the SC install you may be somewhat on your own and it could be a very iterative and time consuming process to isolate and fix problems. If you haven't done so already you should verify that you can capture and playback data logs BEFORE you start the SC install.

If you have a good dyno tuner in your area with a lot of supercharged S197 Mustang experience you may want to consider driving (or towing) the car to the shop.

Everybody seems to have an opinion (good and bad) about the custom tuning software and tuners that are out there. So if you ask ten people you might get 10 different answers.

Thanks for the lead. And you're right. I've asked a dozen people and gotten 1/2 dozen different answers.

I'll give Justin a call and see if he can't do the same for me.

Ken

Ken,

Jim @ JDM is another good source, that's the tunes (92 & 100) we are running in the Roush

I will be installing the 100 octane tune for the first time next month, at the All Ford Dyno day and Drags

http://www.teamjdm.com/

This is a good group to work with I hope they can help you out

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-

Has anyone heard of these guys? http://www.myspace.com/motion_dynamics

The business has been closed but I was able to get a hold of them and they might be able to get me a custom dyno tune. They are located in Pflugerville, near Austin, Texas. Apparently, they have a good reputation and have specialized in Mustangs. Supposedly Jim Whelan is very meticulous and cautious. The man I got a hold of is Brian Hamilton.

Wondering if any of you know these guys....

Thanks...

Archived