TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Here is some news for you..KRs

I heard another couple rumors. Don't know if these are related.

The 2010 GT500 production is to stop in November. The 2011 GT500 to be an early release in March 2010.

A nasty rumor - I heard current production has stopped due to a 5.4L "issue" - and a possible recall on all 5.4L motors? Any truth to that?

Flywheel is part of the motor....is it possible the TSB is turning to recall?

i do not know of any defaults on motors worth recalling other than few cases of cylinder 8 went bad, but very very few.

What happens when cylinder 8 goes bad?

It was an issue with cooling that cylinder and because of its location it was vulnerable with cylinder 7 to failure and manifested itself as an engine tic. If that happens ....well...it is not good news. but as far as i remember it was two members who described it , you may search engine tic threads.

Manufactures are cutting production on all models. Why is it so hard to believe they are cutting back on the GT500. It's a niche car. Anyway, cut backs on your daily drivers should be minimal when compared to a car like the GT500 which from a business perspective I would think it should be cut significantly. I asked my Dealer if he can get another GT500. He said, no.

• 1 month later...

Any incentive on the 08/09?

I've been told by a dealer that Ford is already giving the dealer an incentive to sell the KR. He told me 5k or 6k on a 2009 and 7k or 8k on a 2008. That would put dealer cost at $66k or 67k. It still makes it hard to sell when 2010s can be bought below 50k

SVT

I am sorry, I meant the regular gt500. Along with the 2010 I am considering doing a maybe a SAI conversion of some kind.

Archived