TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I got the Call.....The wrong call

Got a call this morning that my order will be delayed indefinately. That more cars will be built but unknown timeline. My order is in but no idea when it will be filled (my order has been in nearly 5 weeks). They have offered to either hold my deposit and order or refund an cancel.

I was offered a car that just came in a buyer backed out on but it is not what I want. I think I am going to cancel my order and just shop around for a car. My odds are probably just as good getting one over the next couple of months this way instead of waiting on an order.

It looks like to me that a lot of Dealers also filled their stock orders ahead of their customers in order to market the cars at a higher price on Ebay. A lot of dealers have cars on the ground but no buyers for them at what they are asking.

I am not absolutely dying to have a car now and my interest is starting to cool off. If Ford is not careful they are going to lose some customers because of the way this 2010 launch has been handled.

It may be time to move that $50,000 out of my checking account and in to a CD.

Steve

Got a call this morning that my order will be delayed indefinately. That more cars will be built but unknown timeline. My order is in but no idea when it will be filled. They have offered to either hold my deposit and order or refund an cancell.

I was offered a car that just came in a buyer backed out on but it is not what I want. I think I am going to cancel my order and just shop around for a car. My odds are probably just as good getting one over the next couple of months this way instead of waiting on an order.

It looks like to me that a lot of Dealers also filled their stock orders ahead of their customers in order to market the cars at a higher price on Ebay. A lot of dealers have cars on the ground but no buyers for them at what they are asking.

I am not absolutely dying to have a car now and my interest is starting to cool off. If Ford is not careful they are going to lose some customers because of the way this 2010 launch has been handled.

Steve

Probably a good idea, too look around I saw the red one at my dealership last night looks nice but he wants too much right now probably will come down before to long.

Cobra010

They keep this S^%T up I am going to say F'..it and move on to the Camaro. I can get one for $100 over invoice. hate to talk like that but if Ford can't get their shit straight then I am out.

A lot of Camaro owners experienced the same thing. Dealers getting retail stock prior to pre-orders being filled. You might find yourself in the same boat all over again.

Got a call this morning that my order will be delayed indefinately. That more cars will be built but unknown timeline. My order is in but no idea when it will be filled (my order has been in nearly 5 weeks). They have offered to either hold my deposit and order or refund an cancel.

Steve

There are definitely some on EBAY at MSRP if you want to do that. When I buy a vehicle truck or car I normally oder exactly what I want and that way I'M happy. It took several weeks for me to get a Vin# and several more weeks to get a build date. So, If I were you and didn't find what I wanted at a dealer I would just hold tight. I would not cancel my order until I had secured another vehicle.

They keep this S^%T up I am going to say F'..it and move on to the Camaro. I can get one for $100 over invoice. hate to talk like that but if Ford can't get their shit straight then I am out.

Don't let it get to you! Don't make that mistake, you may not have a warranty if you buy a Brand X. I heard the Government has sold Chevrolet and Cadillac to a Canadian and it will be privately owned. If that is so good luck. People are trading GM for fear of future.

Good Luck and Don't let your temper get the best of you.

Cobra010

War Eagle,

Do me a favor and call my dealership. For a small dealer he has a way of getting cars scheduled. He has a 2010 allotment remaining and he can order what you want. Nothing lost except a few minutes of your time. Contact Jim Sales at Sales Ford 251-575-4891. He is in lower Alabama but will work out delivery for you.

A lot of Camaro owners experienced the same thing. Dealers getting retail stock prior to pre-orders being filled. You might find yourself in the same boat all over again.

Yeah but you are talking about a non limited prod car. Local dealer just took delivery of 3 and that was added to the 3 already on the lot. Guy I ordered my GT500 from also has Chevrolet dealer and he can get me a car within 3 weeks. He just checked for me Monday.

Now don't get me wrong I don't want to do it, but if no movement by Ford in the next month or so then it will be time to move on and open up another order spot for someone else.

Don't let it get to you! Don't make that mistake, you may not have a warranty if you buy a Brand X. I heard the Government has sold Chevrolet and Cadillac to a Canadian and it will be privately owned. If that is so good luck. People are trading GM for fear of future.

Cobra010

No temper issues here..lol I just do not like the fact that no real reason has come to light for any of the BS realated to this car. :censored:

War Eagle,

Do me a favor and call my dealership. For a small dealer he has a way of getting cars scheduled. He has a 2010 allotment remaining and he can order what you want. Nothing lost except a few minutes of your time. Contact Jim Sales at Sales Ford 251-575-4891. He is in lower Alabama but will work out delivery for you.

Thanks Man I appreciate your thinking of me. However my Dealer has 2010 allotment but cannot get the cars. They sold a lot of these cars in 2007, 08 and 09, your guy may also face the same problem when he tries to get a 2nd car as well.

Thanks again, I will call him.

Steve

Steve

I am thinking this is what happened to me also but my salesperson just wont call and tell me that. My order has also been placed almost 5 weeks ago and there has been zero movement at all.

I really don't know what to make of all of this. sigh... :lurk:

I guess I will just leave my order hang there...unless my dealer tells me something else. I don't understand how Ford would not go ahead and pull all of these retail orders...just makes zero business sense not to do it...so what are they going to do at flatrock next week? Nothing? :headscratch:

Yeah but you are talking about a non limited prod car.

Limited Production??? Are you suggesting the GT500 is "Limited" :hysterical:

Secondly, It's the dealers doing this, Ford has no way of knowing if a dealer has a legitimate customer order or a fake name!

i.e. most dealers want certain cars on the lot, if Ford assigns based on some quota or however they deal with allotments by customer orders first before a lot car, the dealers will "Order" a customer car using fake names!

Happens all the time!

I say shop around for one on the lot in the configuration your looking for! You'll find it.

Turn to someone on TS that routinely helps out TS by locating cars and one that comes to mind is Michael Morris!

Cobra010

When did the Canadians get control of GM? I haven't got this news yet???

Why are you blaming Ford?

I suspect this phone call came from the OP's dealership and those type of calls should always be taken with a grain of salt.

The following comment is not related to the OP's post but is relevant to the topic.

I've been seeing more and more people posting that they ordered their GT500 on such and such date but so far Ford hasn't given them a vin number.

Keep in mind you may have given your dealer a deposit on such and such date but do you really know when the dealership placed the order? Its not fair to keep blaming Ford when there is a good chance dealers are partly responsible for delays in getting your order into Ford.

I'm not saying Ford is completely innocent. The quality control delay was handled poorly by Ford for instance.

Some of the dealership members of TS probably are not happy with what I just wrote and I'm not lumping all dealerships together but I'm sure some of you would be shocked by the time you gave a deposit to the time your order was placed with Ford.

Steve

Why are you blaming Ford?

I suspect this phone call came from the OP's dealership and those type of calls should always be taken with a grain of salt.

The following comment is not related to the OP's post but is relevant to the topic.

I've been seeing more and more people posting that they ordered their GT500 on such and such date but so far Ford hasn't given them a vin number.

Keep in mind you may have given your dealer a deposit on such and such date but do you really know when the dealership placed the order? Its not fair to keep blaming Ford when there is a good chance dealers are partly responsible for delays in getting your order into Ford.

I'm not saying Ford is completely innocent. The quality control delay was handled poorly by Ford for instance.

Some of the dealership members of TS probably are not happy with what I just wrote and I'm not lumping all dealerships together but I'm sure some of you would be shocked by the time you gave a deposit to the time your order was placed with Ford.

Steve

I am not blaming Ford 100% I know some dealers drag their feet. however I am talking about the rumors of slowing or limiting production due to so many '08 and '09's still sitting around. If the order is for a paying customer and not dealer stock to just show off, then why should we be the ones to pay for dealers mistakes of overcharging and over ordering.

I am not sure about you but when I pay for something I expect to get what I paid for. I understand that a special order does not happen overnight. And I am only 3-4 weeks into my order, so Yes I am understanding that it WILL be a few months yet. So when I vent I group everyone as a whole.

So in this case I am blaming Ford for lack of communication.

Limited Production??? Are you suggesting the GT500 is "Limited" :hysterical:

Well I guess it depends on what you feel is limited. But when you limit the number of units a dealer can order. I would consider that a limited production unit. Or should I say limited distribution.

Either way. In 6-8mths take a drive through the dealers. You are going to see tons of Camaros and I bet you can count on one hand or less the number of GT500's you see. So comparing this car to the Camaro it is "limited production".......

I am not blaming Ford 100% I know some dealers drag their feet. however I am talking about the rumors of slowing or limiting production due to so many '08 and '09's still sitting around. If the order is for a paying customer and not dealer stock to just show off, then why should we be the ones to pay for dealers mistakes of overcharging and over ordering.

I am not sure about you but when I pay for something I expect to get what I paid for. I understand that a special order does not happen overnight. And I am only 3-4 weeks into my order, so Yes I am understanding that it WILL be a few months yet. So when I vent I group everyone as a whole.

So in this case I am blaming Ford for lack of communication.

Hey I agree with what you are saying. Ford is in the business of selling cars so I don't see them ignoring paid orders because there are some 2008-09 cars on dealers lots still.

I know its frustrating but just be glad you're not trying to order a GM or Chrysler car right now. Yikes!!!

Steve

30,000 plus in a 3 year run to me sure isn't limited.

Since my orginal post in this thread it has become apparent that ford has now limited the 2010 GT500 build to 2000, so I guess the 2010 GT500 (at least for the moment) may indeed be a limited run!

As for how many you see on a lot in 6 - 8 months means nothing in terms of production run! Their are still 07 Shelby GT's on dealer lots that are brand new after 2 years!

30,000 plus in a 3 year run to me sure isn't limited.I am only talking about the 2010

Since my orginal post in this thread it has become apparent that ford has now limited the 2010 GT500 build to 2000, so I guess the 2010 GT500 (at least for the moment) may indeed be a limited run!

As for how many you see on a lot in 6 - 8 months means nothing in terms of production run! Their are still 07 Shelby GT's on dealer lots that are brand new after 2 years!

Agree but dealers don't have to pay a premium to sell the car. Also when was the last time you seen 6 or more GT500 of the same model year on one lot at the same time?

Besides all this ill guided BS is just starting to not be worth my time. I am just going to sit back and let it ride, if the car showes up great if not, will just saved me 45k.

Ok update. Order is in Fords system but is on the infamous "Material Hold". So I guess all this talk can be taken with a grain of salt. The reason I say this is because this will be the FIRST GT500 my dealer has sold. Not this model year, but ever. And this is not dealer BS I spoke with Ford CS rep and she informed me that it has been processed. She told me to call back as often as I like because the status changes could be anytime. She even laughed and said some people call 4-5 times a day...lol

So I am now off the worry train, and am going to read and enjoy all the new rumors that are posted here. I may not have a VIN, but my order is in the system. And given all the BS on here lately that is good enough for me.

Heard that you have to have a Boy Friend to get a discount on the chevy?????????? :hysterical:

30,000 plus in a 3 year run to me sure isn't limited.

I was talking with my local dealer to which has 2 he told me that he was told they were only going to make 1000 of and they were up 138 and his 2 were 331 and 332 on the line and if I wanted to order one that they were pretty sure that they could get theres pushed up to speed it. And a could order it any way I wanted to.

Archived