TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New to this Forum

Steve,

Sounds good. What I am needing is the dual electric fan assemby & 4 rims. The truck is in pretty bad shape? Also I saw a company on e-bay that sells the stripe kit, is that the only place that makes these?

Bob

pheonix graphics makes kit for the dakota, its about $500 for all the stickers shipped to you. I just put the kit on and it looks exactly like stock

pheonix graphics makes kit for the dakota, its about $500 for all the stickers shipped to you. I just put the kit on and it looks exactly like stock

JakeTheSnake, Welcome to the Team Shelby Forums. Glad you found us.

What part of California are you in?

Also did the Phoenix Graphics decals have the gas tank filler door die-cut on the bed decal?

Steve

JakeTheSnake, Welcome to the Team Shelby Forums. Glad you found us.

What part of California are you in?

Also did the Phoenix Graphics decals have the gas tank filler door die-cut on the bed decal?

Steve

Im in Northern California kind of by San Fransico. On the kit you have to cut out the gas fill door your self. other than that the kit is a real good fit.

Now why would you do that?

I'm used to the other board where I have the option set to view all threads with the most current post first (this board doesn't support that). So I opened the thread, read the first post or two and thought of something to say. I hit reply and posted a comment. THEN I remembered that I wasn't viewing the most current post. So I read the rest of the comments and decided that at the place in the thread where my post now fell it really sounded lame. So I edited it since I couldn't find a way to delete it after posting it.

Still glad you asked? :headscratch:

I'm used to the other board where I have the option set to view all threads with the most current post first (this board doesn't support that). So I opened the thread, read the first post or two and thought of something to say. I hit reply and posted a comment. THEN I remembered that I wasn't viewing the most current post. So I read the rest of the comments and decided that at the place in the thread where my post now fell it really sounded lame. So I edited it since I couldn't find a way to delete it after posting it.

Still glad you asked? :headscratch:

Yep

Bob

Will do. I looked at the truck the other day and boy did I get suckered on this one. Typical @!#* when you purchase a older used vehicle sight unseen from out of state. Sellers just always seem to forget to mention that..........

Looks like we're going to strip the truck Labor Day weekend.

Steve

Now I don't feel bad for parting this truck out. See pic below.

Tried to make the ol truck drive itself to its final destination. The first 25 miles of a 75 mile trip went fine until the truck raised its middle finger in defiance and said no more. Best guess is the fuel filter loaded up with junk.

While a new fuel filter might have got it to its final destination there was no way I was going to monkey around with it on the side of the 101 freeway, at the start of the rush hour extra traffic, with the temps in the mid to high 90's.

Gotta love AAA.

So all you Shelby Dakota owners out there your truck just went up in value yesterday. One less one out there now.

Steve

S_Dak_Tow.jpg

S_Dak_Tow.jpg

Now I don't feel bad for parting this truck out. See pic below.

Tried to make the ol truck drive itself to its final destination. The first 25 miles of a 75 mile trip went fine until the truck raised its middle finger in defiance and said no more. Best guess is the fuel filter loaded up with junk.

While a new fuel filter might have got it to its final destination there was no way I was going to monkey around with it on the side of the 101 freeway, at the start of the rush hour extra traffic, with the temps in the mid to high 90's.

Gotta love AAA.

So all you Shelby Dakota owners out there your truck just went up in value yesterday. One less one out there now.

Steve

How much you want for her or the parts I need?

Bob

How much you want for her or the parts I need?

Bob

Bob

We were looking at parting it out this labor day weekend but its too hot for that. Probably in a couple of weeks will have the time to start pulling the good stuff, seeing what bad stuff can be salvaged and then having the reamins hauled away as scrap.

Steve

Bob

We were looking at parting it out this labor day weekend but its too hot for that. Probably in a couple of weeks will have the time to start pulling the good stuff, seeing what bad stuff can be salvaged and then having the reamins hauled away as scrap.

Steve

Steve,

Cool, that sucks though about the truck, but don't forget about me needing wheels and the fan assemby.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Archived