TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ilmor's latest mod!

This one is not going to win me any races or car shows, but it sure will make iPhone use in the car better. My wife got me the ProClip mount for Father's Day, and I installed it tonight. The install was very easy;

Here are the two items required, the dash mount and the iphone mount. I got the adjustable swivel mount, and you'll see why later.

IMG_3773.jpg

I first positioned the dash mount, marking the location with painter's tape.

IMG_3774.jpg

The dash mount is now installed. Double-stick tape ensures that it stays put.

IMG_3775.jpg

Another view of the dash mount installation.

IMG_3776.jpg

Next, the backing plate, which will support the iphone mount, is installed.

IMG_3777.jpg

Next, the adjustable iphone mount is installed to the backing plate.

IMG_3778.jpg

The installation is complete and the iphone is ready to use!

IMG_3779.jpg

When using certain apps like G Force or Pocket Dyno the iphone has to be positioned perpindicular to the car's axis so the tilt feature comes in handy for this.

IMG_3780.jpg

For additional information see http://www.proclipusa.com/

I have the same set-up except:

I originally wanted my I-pod on the left side, so I bought the left-hand version. I quickly discovered that this location was blocking access to radio and A/C controls. Also, my knee kept bumping the I-Pod.

My solution? I just flipped it over and used it on the right side of the center dash! Nobody is the wiser, unless they look really close and notice the logo of the Pro Clip is upside down!

Also, I didn't utilize the double sided tape, it stays in place just fine and I can un-clip it from the dash for security, shows etc.

Good product!

Sam

AKA:

I have the same set-up except:

I originally wanted my I-pod on the left side, so I bought the left-hand version. I quickly discovered that this location was blocking access to radio and A/C controls. Also, my knee kept bumping the I-Pod.

My solution? I just flipped it over and used it on the right side of the center dash! Nobody is the wiser, unless they look really close and notice the logo of the Pro Clip is upside down!

Also, I didn't utilize the double sided tape, it stays in place just fine and I can un-clip it from the dash for security, shows etc.

Good product!

Sam

AKA:

I picked the right side mount as I could see from the website photos that a left side one was going to hit my long leg. I also thought about not using the tape, but it seemed to me that (at least on mine) that the mount was going to tend to slide downward if the iphone was in it and I hit any bumps or similar. So, I thought better than deal with that I would just go ahead with the tape. As for shows, well, I thought of that too but what I can do is maybe make up and mount a fake iphone in there for the shows! It looks pretty cool when its there.

Archived